Volcanic Ash in Europe : cancellations and rebookings on SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    I am stuck in MUC and am very disappointed with SQ - they cannot handle anything outside the norm. While other airlines are already flying, their birds are still on the ground in SIN...
    Did you manage to speak to any SQ rep in MUC? I can't even get thru to any line in FRA. So my wife and I decided to do a bit of shopping and sightseeing instead of watching the same news over and over again.

Looks like the Germans are only allowing a few LH flights out of FRA

SQ Singapore confirmed that no flights are headed to FRA today.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
      What are the chances of SQ pulling their A380s from the HK & Tokyo routes to clear the backlog in a more rapid manner?
      I was thinking about that too. And isn't FCO also a 388-ready airport?
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        What's the latest with Hotels in Singapore, are they full ?.
        Sg hotels are still full. I used my MR Plat privileges to score a room (that was upgraded to a premier suite) at the Marriott (celebrating its 15-year anniversary. Course I remember it when it was still the Dynasty hotel )
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I gave up on the German SQ office. I only managed to get through once it was closed. I am just calling SIA in Singapore now.

Comment

UK CAA says all UK airports can reopen fully from 10pm tonight!.

Just watched an interesting live interview with BA's Wille Walsh who made it clear he thought they could have done this a few days ago.

Get ready for the recriminations about over-reacting in the next few days and weeks....

Comment

Flights so far today.

* SQ323, Amsterdam-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1130hrs (Amsterdam time)

* SQ333, Paris-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1215hrs (Paris time)

* SQ345, Zurich-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1200hrs (Zurich time)

* SQ365, Rome-Singapore, scheduled to depart 1600hrs (Rome time)

* SQ377, Barcelona-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1025 (Barcelona time). This flight will operate non-stop, bypassing Milan.

Comment

To add on,

Plans are currently being drawn up for flights on 21 April and details will be provided here as soon as they are available. At this stage we can confirm that SQ318, Singapore-London, is being reinstated and is scheduled to depart at 1245hrs (Singapore time) today.

Comment

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) became the first Asian long-haul carrier to leave Frankfurt airport in Germany at 11.40 last night (Frankfurt time) following the lifting of flight restrictions in Europe, a company spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

She said the aircraft, carrying 338 passengers, including passengers transferred from Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific, was expected to arrive at the KL International Airport (KLIA) Wednesday at 5.30pm.

Comment

Just heard an interview on BBC with someone at Changi who said SQ are looking to send additional flights to LHR and 'switching to A380s', which I presume meant the daily 77W being replaced with one.

It's times like these having additional aircraft lying around can be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Just heard an interview on BBC with someone at Changi who said SQ are looking to send additional flights to LHR and 'switching to A380s', which I presume meant the daily 77W being replaced with one.

It's times like these having additional aircraft lying around can be handy.
                      Today's SQ 308 due to depart at 2pm (the latest news is now retimed till 3pm) is still on a 77W, maybe insufficient A380s.

Comment

Is there any 747 ready on the ground? I think they are good candidates for the additional flights.

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                          Is there any 747 ready on the ground? I think they are good candidates for the additional flights.

There was certainly a 747 stranded in MUC at the weekend after it was diverted from FRA.

Comment

I'm originally supposed fly to FRA today, and since SQ is resuming flights I wasted no time trying to call them to get a seat on the earliest flight possible, and was told "Sorry Mr SilverChris. We can't do anything for you know since we start flying to Paris " I tried explaining to him one step at a time but he just repeated the same thing over and over. Looks like I'll have to take a trip down to Changi later tonight

Comment

9V-SKF on the way back to SIN as SQ333 from CDG-SIN now!

Comment

Just got Singapore side to help secure my wife and I seats on the first SQ out of FRA tonight. They are redeploying a 747 to replace the 300ER on SQ325. SQ25 had left JFK via Tokyo to SIN, bypassing us in FRA.

Had to downgrade to Y class, though... as C is all full. However, they were kind enuf to offer us all other C class benefits inclu lounge and baggage and to upgrade us at the gate if there are cancellations (unlikely, I suppose). I am thankful to at least get a seat home.

I had also booked onto LH for tonight at a cost of over 4800Euro for 2 of us in Y just as a backup. Will suffer a small penalty for the cancellation.

MH was a joke. They put up availability on their webisite for MH05 to depart today and I actually booked it last night, paid up and then realised they had cancelled the flight! Now I have to write in to cancell the flight. No penalty.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all will work well.

Comment

Working...
                                X