How often do you get a lady IFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Need to come to this part of the world more often. I volunteer kyo+ to the organizer. If short of cash, we can always pass the hat around.

Also think of Singapore's Hawker Food....how does that sound?
    Another SIN DO?

We have so many LDs already...

Someone please twist jjpb3's arm for a MNL/PPS DO

I hear he's dying to organise one?

We are way off-course here...

Comment

Need to come to this part of the world more often. I volunteer kyo+ to the organizer. If short of cash, we can always pass the hat around.

Also think of Singapore's Hawker Food....how does that sound?
      No durian, though, OK?
      Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Someone please twist jjpb3's arm for a MNL/PPS DO

I hear he's dying to organise one?
      TPR food affected your hearing, mate?

Now let's get back to the topic of having a female IFS as a member of the cabin crew ...
      Last edited by jjpb3; 28 March 2010, 06:22 PM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        No durian, though, OK?

TPR food affected your hearing, mate?

Now let's get back to the topic of having a female IFS as a member of the cabin crew ...
        Sorry to hear about that Durian is the exception. I was about to buy you a ticket on SQ in R so that you could fly down to Singapore for a durian party as a surprise and fortunately I did not.

Anyway, back to the topic of IFS. I have experienced only 3 flights with IFSS. Two of them were very competence and enjoyed those flights. With the number of CSS around and the ratio may be close to 1:1 with their male colleagues (I am only guessing), we should see more coming through the ranks.

Comment

Anyway, back to the topic of IFS. I have experienced only 3 flights with IFSS. Two of them were very competence and enjoyed those flights. With the number of CSS around and the ratio may be close to 1:1 with their male colleagues (I am only guessing), we should see more coming through the ranks.
          I hope so. That purple kebaya looks awesome lol.

So I was lucky. The crew of my first SQ flight in years last year was led by a female IFS. She told me a whole lot of CSS had been promoted to IFS that time and that before that you'd virtually never get a female IFS. Now its going to be more common.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            2 class 772/A330: 1 Chief for Fwd Economy Cabin
            3 class 772/773: 1 Chief for Business
            77W: 1 Chief for Business
            A380: 2 Chiefs (1 in Suites, 1 in Business)
            747: 2 Chiefs (1 in Main Deck Business, 1 in Upper Deck Business)

The one making the announcement will always be an LSS, usually working in front, unless due to unforseen circumstances. In first class, LS & LSS will be working there, seldom have a CS/CSS in first class (unless the chief is on standby being called up). Or if first class is full, IFS may activate the chief to assist.
            Slightly OT, do other airlines like CX and TG have similar ranks and responsibilities for their FAs?

Cathay for example seems to have 'more' ranks:
            red coat with white shirt,
            red coat with red shirt,
            red top with long black skirt
            purple
            purple with long black skirt
            navy blue.

Anyone know which ones are the equivalent of the blue, green, red and purple kebayas?

Comment

Are IFSS more "rare" because they have to retire earlier compared to the Guys?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Are IFSS more "rare" because they have to retire earlier compared to the Guys?
                In a way, because they have a maximum of 5 contracts before they retire, which is 25 years. So assuming they start straight from school at 18, and make it through the ranks, they will have to retire at 43. Any extension after that is subject to management's decision.

Guys, at least those who join before 2003, are on pension basis, which means they work till 55, at which point they have a review if they want to continue for another 2 years. Then it's a yearly review after that until age 60, which is the final R.O.D.
                Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Was going to raise a new topic for my question, but recalled in the back of my mind this thread. Flew First from SIN to SYD today on SQ233 and noticed a female FA in essentially a suit with white blouse, and not a kebaya. I assume this is the LSS?

I guess I've never really paid attention when being at the pointy end of plane, but it's the first time I've noticed a female FA not in a Kebaya.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post
                    Was going to raise a new topic for my question, but recalled in the back of my mind this thread. Flew First from SIN to SYD today on SQ233 and noticed a female FA in essentially a suit with white blouse, and not a kebaya. I assume this is the LSS?

I guess I've never really paid attention when being at the pointy end of plane, but it's the first time I've noticed a female FA not in a Kebaya.
                    1st time I heard of FA not in Kebaya. LSS should be green kebaya. I can't tell the difference for the guy FA.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post

Might this not be the dreaded quality inspector?

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                        Might this not be the dreaded quality inspector?
                        Hmm so I guess she is as rare as I thought - she was a fair bit older than everyone else (my guess close to her 50s) and without trying to be unkind, not as attractive as the FAs in Kebayas. I saw her milling about the front of the plane before takeoff and then only once or twice walking through the aisles during the flight, I was hoping for some interaction to ask her why she was in a different garb to everyone else, but it didn't look like she was serving anyone at all.

Comment

Yep, she is the female Check Trainer aka inflight auditor. The male inflight auditor wears the golden tie. Hmm, maybe the female auditor should wear a golden kebaya!
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            Yep, she is the female Check Trainer aka inflight auditor. The male inflight auditor wears the golden tie. Hmm, maybe the female auditor should wear a golden kebaya!
                            Wonder why the mention of golden kebaya reminds me of Solidgold dancers.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              No offense meant to the lady, but looking more on the practical side, would a woman her age even have the proper curves for a kebaya? Perhaps she should just have a golden scarf?

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                                No offense meant to the lady, but looking more on the practical side, would a woman her age even have the proper curves for a kebaya? Perhaps she should just have a golden scarf?
                                How about a golden Sarong?

Comment

Working...
                                X