How often do you get a lady IFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Wrong. The person making the announcment is actually based on appointment. in CX terms it is the Purser, I can't remember the exact appointment . There is usually one lead in the galley and one for the floor. Mere coincidence that these two appointments are usually held by LS/LSS in SQ's case, since usually the crew composition would be 1 x IFS, 1 or 2 x CS/CSS and the rest. CS/CSS and above usually work the carts alongside the other FAs over their supervisory duties but it is not uncommon to have a CS/CSS do the PA depending on appointment.
    2 class 772/A330: 1 Chief for Fwd Economy Cabin
    3 class 772/773: 1 Chief for Business
    77W: 1 Chief for Business
    A380: 2 Chiefs (1 in Suites, 1 in Business)
    747: 2 Chiefs (1 in Main Deck Business, 1 in Upper Deck Business)

The one making the announcement will always be an LSS, usually working in front, unless due to unforseen circumstances. In first class, LS & LSS will be working there, seldom have a CS/CSS in first class (unless the chief is on standby being called up). Or if first class is full, IFS may activate the chief to assist.
    Last edited by feb01mel; 26 March 2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      2 class 772/A330: 1 Chief for Fwd Economy Cabin
      3 class 772/773: 1 Chief for Business
      77W: 1 Chief for Business
      A380: 2 Chiefs (1 in Suites, 1 in Business)
      747: 2 Chiefs (1 in Main Deck Business, 1 in Upper Deck Business)

The one making the announcement will always be an LSS, usually working in front, unless due to unforseen circumstances. In first class, LS & LSS will be working there, seldom have a CS/CSS in first class (unless the chief is on standby being called up). Or if first class is full, IFS may activate the chief to assist.
      You are absolutely correct

May I add that on rare occasions you may hear the LS make the announcements as the LSS may be a foreign crew, i.e. Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, etc. The foreign crew are not rated to make English announcements, hence the responsibility will fall on the LS if there isn't another local LSS onboard. (And by local I mean Singaporean or Malaysian.)
      Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Wrong. The person making the announcment is actually based on appointment. in CX terms it is the Purser, I can't remember the exact appointment . There is usually one lead in the galley and one for the floor. Mere coincidence that these two appointments are usually held by LS/LSS in SQ's case, since usually the crew composition would be 1 x IFS, 1 or 2 x CS/CSS and the rest. CS/CSS and above usually work the carts alongside the other FAs over their supervisory duties but it is not uncommon to have a CS/CSS do the PA depending on appointment.
        Sorry I wasn't clear there is always a welcome on board announcement made by the LSS where she always introduces herself. There are other PA announcements made by a variety of other people

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          Sorry I wasn't clear there is always a welcome on board announcement made by the LSS where she always introduces herself. There are other PA announcements made by a variety of other people
          Next time listen out for the welcome announcement by the LSS; it's usually made right after the Captain's welcome announcement. She would introduce herself at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by astroboy View Post
            Next time listen out for the welcome announcement by the LSS; it's usually made right after the Captain's welcome announcement. She would introduce herself at that time.
            This is a sample of how it goes:

"Good XXXX Ladies & Gentlemen I am XXXXX your Leading Stewardess. Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines Flight SQ XXX to XXXXX. Our Krisworld Entertainment system will soon be available. The programme listings can be found in the KrisWorld magazine in your seat pockt. For security reasons, headsets are not to be used until after take off.

(For flights to Singapore will include the following) Please keep your Singapore Airlines boarding pass for exclusive offers, dining and accomodation in Singapore.

Health tips are available in your seat pocket. We will like to wish you a pleasant flight. Thank you.

Comment

"Good XXXX Ladies & Gentlemen I am XXXXX your Leading Stewardess. Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines Flight SQ XXX to XXXXX. Our Krisworld Entertainment system will soon be available. The programme listings can be found in the KrisWorld magazine in your seat pockt. For security reasons, headsets are not to be used until after take off.

(For flights to Singapore will include the following) Please keep your Singapore Airlines boarding pass for exclusive offers, dining and accomodation in Singapore.

Health tips are available in your seat pocket. We will like to wish you a pleasant flight. Thank you.
              Almost word for word!

Comment

Almost word for word!
                Almost..... the correct one is...

"Good XXXX Ladies & Gentlemen I am XXXXX your Leading Stewardess. Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines Flight SQ XXX to XXXXX. Our Krisworld Entertainment system will soon be available. The programme listings can be found in the KrisWorld magazine in your seat pocket. For SAFETY reasons, headsets are not to be used until after take off.

Please keep your SIA boarding pass for exclusive dining, accomodation and shopping offers in _______. You may refer to the SilverKris Magazine for more details (note: these boarding pass priviledges apply not only into SIN but also a few stations)

Health tips are available in the travel health card which can be found in your seat pocket. Thank you.
                Last edited by SQflyergirl; 27 March 2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

"Good XXXX Ladies & Gentlemen I am XXXXX your Leading Stewardess. Welcome aboard Singapore Airlines Flight SQ XXX to XXXXX. Our Krisworld Entertainment system will soon be available. The programme listings can be found in the KrisWorld magazine in your seat pocket. For SAFETY reasons, headsets are not to be used until after take off.

Please keep your SIA boarding pass for exclusive dining, accomodation and shopping offers in _______. You may refer to the SilverKris Magazine for more details (note: these boarding pass priviledges apply not only into SIN but also a few stations)

Health tips are available in the travel health card which can be found in your seat pocket. Thank you.
                  Perfect!

Comment

You scare me sometimes... now do the TG one...

Hint: It starts off with 'Sawasdee..."

Sorry for veering the topic even more off-course... I blame SQfg...
                    Last edited by Kyo; 27 March 2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Haha I thought I was scary, but SQflyergirl is worse...

Really word for word is correct.

A true SQ fanatic in the making!

Comment

SQ announcements

as a regular traveller with SQ-
                        all inflight announcements suppose to be made by LSS/LS not the IFS nor the CSS/CS.

Comment

you are the LSS who always do the announcement on board?
                          word for word eh...

Comment

All this talk about SQ announcements make me miss SQ flights.

Brava, SQFG. (<-- extrememly foamy Diet Cokes!)
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Perfect!
                              Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              I had help from a friend

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Sorry for veering the topic even more off-course... I blame SQfg...
                              Yeah, I blame SQFG too. Off with her head! (speaking of which, to further drag off topic - anyone seen Alice in Wonderland yet? It's very good)!

A true SQ fanatic in the making!
                              Oh the making stage came and went many moons ago.

Originally posted by AggyS View Post
                              you are the LSS who always do the announcement on board?
                              Let's just say I don't meet SQ's requirements to be a singapore girl.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                All this talk about SQ announcements make me miss SQ flights.

Need to come to this part of the world more often. I volunteer kyo+ to the organizer. If short of cash, we can always pass the hat around.

Also think of Singapore's Hawker Food....how does that sound?

Comment

Working...
                                X