How often do you get a lady IFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you get a lady IFS?

I have never seen an IFS in a Kebaya before, untill today. On one of SQ's shortest flights around, SQ107. She was in J, wearing a brownish-gray (didn't get a good look, she kept walking about in the galley, in and out of the Y section.) I was wondering, how often do you get an IFS in a Kebaya? I even forgot they had lady IFSs untill today

I had one on a SQ2 last May. She was part of newly promoted batch of female IFSes.

She's quite known among the cabin crew, known for being a dragon boat player (yes, I really chat a lot with the cabin crew).

I was in F on that flight and she was attending to me most of the time. She's really nice.

The uniform was more purple than brown to me though.

Hope to see more female IFSes around.

Comment

I like female IFS's, from experience they generally come-across as more personal with their service. Although for sure depends on the person, male or female, you get good or bad examples of both.

Still the more the merrier in my opinion

Comment

I believe the ratio of male to female IFS is about 7:1 which was mentioned in one of the threads on this board IIRC.

Having said that, I have had met 2 females on SIN>>>KUL and one on SIN>>>BKK. I probably put it down to luck but I believe the service touch is better

Comment

I can't say I've encountered them often. But yes, they've been memorable for the extra finesse in their service.

That said, it's easy to recall the stellar ones with (at that point) blue, green and red kebayas.

I'm glad that SQ allows crew of varying ranks to serve / supervise the different cabins (I get the impression that service in the front cabins is much more heavily weighted towards senior CC on CX, for example).
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Sorry but what is an IFS please?

Comment

In Flight Supervisor

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                In Flight Supervisor
                Thank you

Comment

On two recent trips to BNE there has been a lady in charge.

Comment

A lady IFS? I've only had them on my flights three times, to HKG, TPE and BNE. On those flights the lady IFSs are more friendly than the guys , and they appear in the cabin more often than the Guys, who do more of the galley work (according to my Guy IFS friend)

The FA that makes the welcome announcement is usually the IFS right?
                    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by Davem4 View Post
                      On two recent trips to BNE there has been a lady in charge.
                      It was a male IFS on the 22nd BNE-SIN SQ246. He was mostly in the galley, and I think spw21's observation on the galley work is actually correct - well spotted! It corresponds with most of my experiences so far. Very anecdotal, of course.

I also had *the* best blue kebaya in the J cabin I've had for a very, very long time (too long, I'd say, and pity it was a red-eye flight). And young also, which was a nice change. Definitely added to the 'warmth' quotient.

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post

According to my colleague who is a former SQ FA, you have to be a LSS before you can do the announcements.

Comment

I have had some fab flights with a female LSS. The first time was one of my best ever flights in F on the day flight to FRA a few years ago. She had only just been promoted as she gave mer her card and it still said Chief Stewardess.

And of course, it was the most famous IFS of all, the legendary Ms L S K herself who was on probably my best flight of all on SQ.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=44

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
                          Nope, that's always an LSS.

I would have thought as a PPS who would have to fly up front regularly to attain that status you would have known that yourself.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 24 March 2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Nope, that's always an LSS.

I would have thought as a PPS who would have to fly up front regularly to attain that status you would have known that yourself.
                            Anyone who flies SQ regularly in any cabin should know that as she always introduces herself at the beginning " Hello I am xxxx your leading stewardess etc etc"

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              Anyone who flies SQ regularly in any cabin should know that as she always introduces herself at the beginning " Hello I am xxxx your leading stewardess etc etc"

Wrong. The person making the announcment is actually based on appointment. in CX terms it is the Purser, I can't remember the exact appointment . There is usually one lead in the galley and one for the floor. Mere coincidence that these two appointments are usually held by LS/LSS in SQ's case, since usually the crew composition would be 1 x IFS, 1 or 2 x CS/CSS and the rest. CS/CSS and above usually work the carts alongside the other FAs over their supervisory duties but it is not uncommon to have a CS/CSS do the PA depending on appointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X