Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, I have moved the discussions on F amenity kits to its own thread here:
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7614

Please continue your discussions there if you wish.

Thanks,
    StarG

Comment

An IFS told me the next delivery of A380 (I believe is the 12th) aircraft all J class in upper deck only & subsequent (13th) A380 will not have suites & back to first class instead.

Wonder how will this change affect frequent flyers here.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        An IFS told me the next delivery of A380 (I believe is the 12th) aircraft all J class in upper deck only & subsequent (13th) A380 will not have suites & back to first class instead.

The changes make sense. However, why make SKL a different configuation? Maybe there will be no R with all C on upper starting from SKL?

Comment

SQ can retain the Suites - just rename them to First Suites, and lower the price surcharge...or better yet, remove them altogether.

Comment

... subsequent (13th) A380 will not have suites & back to first class instead.
            I'd have been surprised if they kept the Suites, as they are currently positioned, in all the A380 destinations. It was clearly not perceived as the revolutionary product that management assumed and marketed.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi Nick,

No, it was another staff (not these 2 individuals) that told me US airports are not ready to accept our A380. Also, I heard another source that for NRT-LAX, it is actually NRT side who is restricting us to operate a380 due to if we do it, their own airlines e.g. JAL or ANA, their premium pax will hop over to SQ to go to US once we op the A380 to LAX.

I think they already can see their own pax coming over to SQ ever since SIN-NRT A380 was launched. Seems SQ treasures its japanese pax too, even SQ 12 First class (SIN-NRT sector) is given the Ferragamo amenity kit though the flight is only around 6.5 hours & it is not even an overnite flight. per my understanding, amenity kits are given out for day flights exceeding 9.5 hours for day flights as well as for nite flights exceeding 5.5 hours & flight must ETD bet 1800-0600 hrs and land after 0030 hours.
              Any Hint from paragraph 3 of this article?

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                Any Hint from paragraph 3 of this article?
                that article is in regards to the a380 as a whole, and makes no mention of a first class or suites class in particular. that article really has no bearing on the main topic. should SQ decide to get rid of the suites on future aircraft deliveries, i dont see it reconfiguring existing aircraft. NRT would logically seem like a destination where suites would remain in place.

Comment

Hi Nick,

No, it was another staff (not these 2 individuals) that told me US airports are not ready to accept our A380. Also, I heard another source that for NRT-LAX, it is actually NRT side who is restricting us to operate a380 due to if we do it, their own airlines e.g. JAL or ANA, their premium pax will hop over to SQ to go to US once we op the A380 to LAX.
                  Yes I heard about this too. It is ANA and JAL lobbying the Japanese government to prohibit SIA from flying the 380 cross the Pac from NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                    Yes I heard about this too. It is ANA and JAL lobbying the Japanese government to prohibit SIA from flying the 380 cross the Pac from NRT.
                    When many aircrafts are waiting to land at NRT, ANA even has priority landing clearance, they will be given priority to land first.

Comment

This makes me incredibly sad as we only travel upper deck (Y). Probably a stupid question, but do you think it will be possible to tell what kind of A380 you're booking on once they are introduced? I always book through SQ's website directly.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwatch View Post
                        This makes me incredibly sad as we only travel upper deck (Y). Probably a stupid question, but do you think it will be possible to tell what kind of A380 you're booking on once they are introduced? I always book through SQ's website directly.
                        I suppose you'd be able to see the aircraft configuration when selecting seats online but unfortunately, that'll be AFTER you have booked and made payment online. Even then, there may be equipment change after that.

Comment

Good points. I hate feeling crowded, and admit I'm a little spoilt after several trips upstairs. We have a trip in November, travelling our usual route of LHR to BNE, so hope nothing changes before then. After that I might give Qantas Premium Economy a go, if I can afford it. :o

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I have booked return flights London to Sydney via Singapore travelling out end September and returning early November this year for 3 adults. I have booked and paid for priority seats on the upper deck on all legs in Economy. Hope there is no change as part of the reason for choosing Singapore airlines was the Y class upper deck priority seats.

Comment

dreamwatch, delt1c, keep coming back to SQTalk, I'm sure there's many here who will be able to provide updated info.

And of course, we'll do our best to keep this thread http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473 updated as accurately as possible.

Comment

If they do go fully J, would that mean that it would herald a return of Saver Fares for A380? Looking at the current and increasing number of A380 and 777W, short of going other *A airlines, it looks that we have no choice of booking J for long haul to US / EU.
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                                X