This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumour] From 11th A380 delivery onwards, Upper Deck will be Fully J Class

I have very reliable information from 2 SQ staff that from the 11th A380 delivery onwards, the Upper Deck will be Fully J Class.

...so will the lower deck be 100% economy?

Comment

Yes, lower deck no change, same configuration as per current A380s already delivered.

Comment

I am not so sure whether they will continue R in the current model.

SQ has three options:

- allow upgrades/redemptions
        - add booking classes F and A
        - replace Suites with F seats

Most corporate travelers have to travel in J and they are keen on getting an upgrade from time to time. On SIN-LHR I would always fly Qantas as they will allow me from time to time to enjoy F - SQ will even refrain from op-ups...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          I am not so sure whether they will continue R in the current model.

SQ has three options:

- allow upgrades/redemptions
          - add booking classes F and A
          - replace Suites with F seats.
          The fourth option is a 2-cabin configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            The fourth option is a 2-cabin configuration.
            I am doubtful that will ever happen on SQ's A388s.

Comment

Won't redoing the config result in operational constraints, breaking the Whalejet into 2 series which cannot swop?

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                Won't redoing the config result in operational constraints, breaking the Whalejet into 2 series which cannot swop?
                No swapping rules in force. It's just more complicated operationally.

A lot of airlines run different configs for the same type of aircraft - in fact, it's more the rule than not I think - especially US carriers.

Comment

Hmm.... that doesn't bode well for me

Comment

I'm sceptical. For a small fleet having 2 configs is problematic. Especially when there is such a large surcharge for a cabin that doesn't exist in one of the configs.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                      I have very reliable information from 2 SQ staff that from the 11th A380 delivery onwards, the Upper Deck will be Fully J Class.
                      Don't mind me asking but are these the same 2 individuals that told you the 388 can't op to the US as airports over there aren't ready to accept it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        Don't mind me asking but are these the same 2 individuals that told you the 388 can't op to the US as airports over there aren't ready to accept it?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Ouch.. smackdown and a boom-tish..

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Comment

Hi Nick,

No, it was another staff (not these 2 individuals) that told me US airports are not ready to accept our A380. Also, I heard another source that for NRT-LAX, it is actually NRT side who is restricting us to operate a380 due to if we do it, their own airlines e.g. JAL or ANA, their premium pax will hop over to SQ to go to US once we op the A380 to LAX.

I think they already can see their own pax coming over to SQ ever since SIN-NRT A380 was launched. Seems SQ treasures its japanese pax too, even SQ 12 First class (SIN-NRT sector) is given the Ferragamo amenity kit though the flight is only around 6.5 hours & it is not even an overnite flight. per my understanding, amenity kits are given out for day flights exceeding 9.5 hours for day flights as well as for nite flights exceeding 5.5 hours & flight must ETD bet 1800-0600 hrs and land after 0030 hours.

Comment

Hi Kyo and mec,

Oh I see, ppl have been giving me wrong info..this is terrible...but back to my main topic on upper deck fully J class, another cabin crew of mine just confirm it to me this will be coming, so let's wait for the press release soon hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X