Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    What are you trying to express? They new 77A layout is 2-2-2?
    I guess these new developments answer that question.

Good on SQ to go with a 2-2-2 layout.
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    F will indeed be very private. They don't look like they've moved any other hardware, and basically ripped out 3 rows with 64 inch pitch and replaced it with 2 rows. The way it's been done, there's proper physical separation between the COS's. , which the 77W doesn't achieve.
    Another . Thanks for the seatplan, Singapore_Air.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 17 July 2009, 12:57 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Hopefully looking forward to 773A equipment swaps on the CGK turnaround, being the shortest sectors serviced by 3-class a/c.

Bring on the inaugurals, or would that be "re-augurals"?

Comment

• deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• well, to answer my own question, in OCT SQ219 is indeed the new refurbished plane, SQ just re-allocate my seat from 3F to 2F

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
            773A will not be redeemable in F.

Besides, I can't see how it's "a blow" to MEL - as I said, there's already a choice of 77W and (soon) 380. If you want the good products, you can go for it (and pay the price). If you want to redeem in F, you can go for the older aircraft.
            Unless of course your schedule precludes taking another flight. There isn't always a choice of flights to make.

Comment

• Of course it is a blow for Melbourne, there will be no J saver on new products to melbourne - yet there will be to every other Australian city this year, but Melbourne J savers have to take regional old business class. Surprised you can't see where I'm coming from here!?
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                Configuration would be 8F, 50J, 222Y, and only SYF-SYL would be retrofitted.
                Slightly off by about 4Y seats but pretty much spot on

Well done, ycp81!

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  16 July 2009

The deployment schedule of the refitted aircraft is as follows:

Service between Singapore and:

Flight Number Weekly Frequency Effective from
                  Sydney SQ 231/232 7x 22 July
                  Sydney SQ 219/220 7x Will be progressively introduced between October and December
                  Riyadh (via Dubai) SQ 454/453 4x
                  Istanbul (via Dubai) SQ 490/491 6x
                  Dubai SQ 494/495 1x
                  Shanghai SQ 830/833 7x
                  SQ 836/825 7x
                  Interesting. Looks like these first seven re-configs will not be used to supplant any existing 77W routes.

I take that to mean that no further 77Ws will be released from their existing rotations to relieve the remaining 744s on SQ11/12 and SQ25/26.

Which -- personally -- I greet as good news.

At least until March, 2010!

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Hopefully looking forward to 773A equipment swaps on the CGK turnaround, being the shortest sectors serviced by 3-class a/c.

Bring on the inaugurals, or would that be "re-augurals"?
                    SIN -- CGK goes all 772 (three class version) from beginning of the northern winter schedule. No more 773s, old style or new style.....................

Comment

• Glad to know the retrofit's confirmed

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                      No more 773s, old style or new style.....................
                      Sounds like NH's tagline

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is already answered, but is SQ currently at a position to excercise on any of the 13 77W options?

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          No. The reconfigured 777-300s will almost certainly have the same seats and IFE as the 777-300ERs. The IFE would probably have the newer central unit with more selections found on the A340-500s and (I think) the A330-300s.
                          Originally posted by mec View Post
                          So there is still a chance that your guesses could be wrong?
                          Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_403942.html

As part of the changes, economy class seats will receive new covers.
                          Is it the Y will receive new seat covers ONLY?! That means they will keep the old entertainment unit and everything else?

It is not we are looking for

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            SIN -- CGK goes all 772 (three class version) from beginning of the northern winter schedule. No more 773s, old style or new style.....................
                            Point taken on the winter schedule, but I'll believe the 772-only schedule to CGK when it happens...

Still, I was thinking in the context of unplanned equipment swaps from 772/773 to 773A.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                              Is it the Y will receive new seat covers ONLY?! That means they will keep the old entertainment unit and everything else?

I think Y will get the new panasonic sets - cause I assume F and J will have it, don't know if it makes sense to have two different systems onboard.

What this also means is that upon completion of refit, any 773 route that is NON refit will mean guaranteed NON-avod (whereas it was chance in the past, it's a certainty now), since only SYF-SYL get the new stuff. Of course, this applies only until they get rid of SYA-SYE.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post

From press release:
                                Singapore Airlines’ award-winning KrisWorld in-flight entertainment system will also be enhanced to provide improved Audio-Video On Demand features in all cabin classes. First Class seats will be fitted with larger 23-inch screens and Business Class seats will feature 15.4-inch screens. The system will also have an updated, more intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface across all cabin classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X