2009 SQ Aircraft deliveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 SQ Aircraft deliveries

With the recent plane changes, (down gauge, up gauge) it seems to me that 1 thread with all the aircraft types SQ is scheduled to receive in 2009 may be appropriate. I couldn't find a single thread doing a quick search that covered all aircraft types (which surprised me, so most likely user error on my part) but if that is the case, I suggest we start one here, or link this one to the correct thread.

Unless delivery of 9V-SWT slips into 2009 because of the Boeing strike, the only aircraft scheduled for 2009 delivery are 9V-SKG, 9V-SKH, 9V-SKI, 9V-SKJ, and several A330-300s. 9V-SKJ may slip into 2010.

Comment

Interesting! Only 4 A380 and a few A333 scheduled. Nothing from Boeing.

Comment

The only Boeing aircraft on order are 9V-SWT and the 20 787-9s. There are not just a few A330-300s scheduled for delivery in 2009. There are several.

To keep the average aircraft age at 5-6 and provide for modest fleet growth, SQ need to take delivery of about 10 new aircraft per year. That is about what is scheduled for 2009. That number will increase dramatically about 2015 when the A330 leases start coming to an end -- right about the time the 787-9 and A350-900 orders will have been delivered.

SQ need to place a large order for delivery starting around 2015 or 2016 -- unless they plan to extend the A330 leases. That order will almost certainly be either 787s or A350s. SQ would like to have both in service before making that choice.

The economic downturn seems to be resulting in the slowdown in orders that SQ needed in order to be able to put off that decision. Had orders continued at the pace through the first half of 2008, then SQ would have needed to place their next order very soon because of the huge order backlogs.

Comment

is it possible that we see a comeback of the Premium Economy seats?
          I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
            is it possible that we see a comeback of the Premium Economy seats?
            A return of Premium Economy seems about as likely as a return of the A340-300.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              ...aircraft scheduled for 2009 delivery are 9V-SKG, 9V-SKH, 9V-SKI, 9V-SKJ, and several A330-300s. ...
              A330

Comment

BOEING anytime

Comment

Airbus and Boeing both make fine aircraft. We are all very fortunate that there is competition in airliner production.

Comment

Agreed. Aircrafts from Boeing and Airbus are both great in their own right and it helps to have SQ offering such fantastic hardware and software to enhance that experience.
                    -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

9V-SKG and 9V-SKH are both at XFW being outfitted. Deliveries are expected in March and April respectively.

9V-SKI is on the flightline at TLS but hasn't flown yet. Delivery is expected in the summer.

9V-SKJ is structurally complete. Delivery is expected before the end of the year.

Comment

The next WhaleJet to be delivered is A6-EDE to EK. This may be the only WhaleJet delivered in Q1.

VH-OQD for QF and 9V-SKG will be delivered at roughly about the same time, probably in March or April.

Next up will be 9V-SKH, then 9V-SKI, probably both in Q2. SQ might get three in a row again, though probably for the last time.

There are also several A330s to be delivered over the next six months. Much to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          A return of Premium Economy seems about as likely as a return of the A340-300.
                          Lately I did hear a rumor that SQ is now considering to convert back its A345 from all C to a 2 class aircraft but no decision has been made yet. If this decision goes ahead, will it be a Premium Economy or just a regular Y on those 5 aircrafts?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            Lately I did hear a rumor that SQ is now considering to convert back its A345 from all C to a 2 class aircraft but no decision has been made yet. If this decision goes ahead, will it be a Premium Economy or just a regular Y on those 5 aircrafts?
                            Why not ask the source of the rumour? They seem to have some inside info
                            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                              Premium Economy (as configured) was a financial disaster. Yields were nowhere close to break-even levels. I think it's more likely SQ would ground the A340-500s before trying that again. A more likely two-class configuration would be to add some First Class seats from the 777-300ER.

Comment

Working...
                              X