Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Bigger toilets perhaps?
    But he mentioned very small alteration. Hmmm...
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Bump up.
      MAN Flyer, since I am grounded, would you mind to give me the answer for a small alteration please...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        MAN Flyer, since I am grounded, would you mind to give me the answer for a small alteration please...
        I 'promised' N_Architect I would wait until he has done his forthcoming flights on the 772ER. You'll have to wait another few days I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I 'promised' N_Architect I would wait until he has done his forthcoming flights on the 772ER. You'll have to wait another few days I'm afraid.
          That's the spirit

My flight is this Sun, so Mon morning UK time I'll have my reply posted. Then we'll know, either from me or from you.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
            That's the spirit

My flight is this Sun, so Mon morning UK time I'll have my reply posted. Then we'll know, either from me or from you.
            I can imagine a very curious passenger onboard SQ348 this weekend inspecting every inch of the J cabin.

Comment

I can imagine a very curious passenger onboard SQ348 this weekend inspecting every inch of the J cabin.
              Yes, that's gonna be another real 'close-up' survey!!!!!!

[for the non-mariners, 'close-up survey' or examination onboard ships in operation means examination where the details of structural components are within the close visual inspection range of the surveyor, i.e. normally within the reach of hand.]

Comment

Now that it's made a second page, this is in danger of being a bit anti-climatic.

It's only a small alteration (blink and you'd miss it...), and another point is they have apparently only been doing it gradually, so you may get a bird that's not been 'done'.

Comment

In SKL T3 right now.

SQ609 ICN-SIN today was served by 9V-SVI. I was in 14F. Checked the cabin as much as I could, but can't report anything. Perhaps this bird has not had the alteration yet, I really don't know.

Couple of pics I took earlier during today's flight:

Waiting to board tonite's flight to ATH with same type of aircraft and will revert tomorrow, possibly with no pics though as back home no broadband connection in the house, only dial-up.

Comment

Are those little holders next to the magazine holders on the bulkhead new? I don't seem to recall them being there before.

Comment

Yes, I have never seen those before as well.

Comment

Checked the cabin as much as I could, but can't report anything. Perhaps this bird has not had the alteration yet.

It would appear not, looking at that photo.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        Are those little holders next to the magazine holders on the bulkhead new? I don't seem to recall them being there before.
                        They have been there a while.

Comment

Does that mean you will now reveal all?
                          If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

I just got home.

Last night's SIN-ATH aircraft was 9V-SVJ. Same things, all round the cabin, esp in front. No pics taken. Nothing 'different' noted, to my inexperienced J-cabin views at least.

I really can't understand what it might be. Furthermore, I don't normally choose row 11, so not very familiar with the very front of the cabin anyway. I was confident I could spot it, however it seems I am either not so familiar with the J cabin layout or we didn't get the right birds y'day.

I know another SQTalker who flies this type of bird on Tue night SIN time, but we all know that if we keep going like this till someone reports it, then the thread will definitely get anti-climatic.

As a result, MANFlyer, that was my piece, it's all in your hands now...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Yes, I have never seen those before as well.

They have been there a while.
                              Thank you, MAN Flyer for confirming that. I wanted to answer that I have seen those holders before, but since I may have memory lapse, I decided not to do so. At least now I know, even when I am grounded, I still remember features on SQ planes.

Comment

It would appear not, looking at that photo.
                                Are you talking about magazines pouch on the wall of seat 11AC and 11HK? The pictures above has none. But I thought some aircrafts have them?

Comment

Working...
                                X