No announcement yet.

Observations / Changes in SQ Dining Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, too risky then, will not do the Saver upgrade.

Half the time I find there are too many items on the menu with pork, and as a result, my choice is narrowed considerably. Do you recall if the choices were mostly pork?

And that's another reason why I vastly preferred LX on this route. Something for those seeking a more 'halal' alternative without being locked into selecting a halal catering option only, per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Half the time I find there are too many items on the menu with pork, and as a result, my choice is narrowed considerably. Do you recall if the choices were mostly pork?
      There were 4 main choices. There was a mutton biryani option. I had a chicken dish which was not bad. Will upload a photo when I get back on Fri.

Comment

Flew SIN-BKK yesterday and BKK-SIN this afternoon and please to confirm that both segments had table cloth in J. I had special meals hence wouldn't be able to confirm the regular meal choices.

Sitting at the SKL T2 lounge typing away and waiting for my SIN-KUL which departs in approximately an hour. Will advise if this segment has table cloth meal service.....

cheers.

Comment

In Y, I hate the fact that the tableware is now made of plastic. It was one of the things that made SQ's Y special for me.

Still SQ offers better dinning options in Y IMO

Comment

Flew SIn-KUL in J yesterday and can confirm they had tablecloth meal service (however colour of the cloth was light orange'ish with a thin blue line border around the edges. Again, had a special meal requested which once again was fantastic. J was almost full and it's amazing how efficient the crew is on SIN-KUL-SIN routes (based on being less than 1 hr) and service is always with a smile!

J crew service one my flight yesterday consisted of the supervisor, one lead and two steward/ess.

cheers.

Comment

There are meals in J for SQ SIN-KUL vv? One learns new things everyday. TBH, I'm surprised they bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                There are meals in J for SQ SIN-KUL vv?
                Yeap there is however the service is pretty fast. It's more like snacks and not separate appetizer and main course servings.

cheers.

Comment

Mix & Match Dish Wares

Just got of SQ 447 from DPS and this is what I have observed:

Bread plate, main dish, and salt and pepper shakers were in the Palm logo Raffles class wares while the appetizer and the dessert bowls were in the old F wares.

Table cloth was the new white for this route.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    Just got of SQ 447 from DPS and this is what I have observed:

Bread plate, main dish, and salt and pepper shakers were in the Palm logo Raffles class wares while the appetizer and the dessert bowls were in the old F wares.

Table cloth was the new white for this route.
                    F wares in business class is a significant enhancement of service....

Comment

Working...
                    X