Observations / Changes in SQ Dining Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    By the way, why were you on C? Shouldn't you be on F?
    Why would you say I was in C? I was in 4F actually. 2D and 4CD were empty.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Why would you say I was in C? I was in 4F actually. 2D and 4CD were empty.
      So there was really no excuse for why your nuts were not warmed, then?

Comment

I don't recall for JFK-FRA, the nuts in F are being warmed. After all, it's kind of late departure and a short flight. Actually better not warmed to get a faster service. Thus dinner can be served earlier and faster, which in turn giving me a chance to sleep for couple hours.

Comment

I almost couldn't believe it but on SQ 221 last night, SQ actually warmed the nuts served in C class. I checked with the FAs and they confirmed that the new SOP is for them to warm both the nuts and the saucers.
          I know we discussed about this "nuts" matter before. I was able to ask SQ about this again.
          For my flight JFK-FRA in F, I was served cashew nuts. The nuts should have been warmed.
          For 77W and A380 in C, the saucer or plate should be warmed. The nuts itself doesn't need to be warmed in the oven. But, some crew members decided to just put the nuts in the place where the ramekin/saucer/plate get warmed. The result is what you experience. Basically, many had done it, so if the nuts were not warmed, it will make it like an incorrect way of serving, even though in the manual or rule states that no need to warm the nuts.
          At the end, now another "consistency" matter arises. So will see whether there will be an amendment towards the guideline for serving nuts on board.

Comment

I almost couldn't believe it but on SQ 221 last night, SQ actually warmed the nuts served in C class. I checked with the FAs and they confirmed that the new SOP is for them to warm both the nuts and the saucers.
            I got (a bowl of..) warm nuts on SQ221 in J last week as well.

Comment

So will see whether there will be an amendment towards the guideline for serving nuts on board.
              I believe this will be the section heading in the manual :
              "Guidelines On Serving An SQTalk Member"
              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                I believe this will be the section heading in the manual :
                "Guidelines On Serving An SQTalk Member"
                "Guidelines On Serving SQTalk Member 'SQ LPP' "

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I got (a bowl of..) warm nuts on SQ221 in J last week as well.
                  Due to the practice by the crew member on board one of our main profitable route, to achieve a consistency goal in our pax satisfaction, we amend the service procedure for serving nuts on all A380 and 77W in BCL:
                  • Place the nuts bowls into the warming oven together with the nuts as soon as possible
                  • When serving the drinks after taking off, put one serving of nuts onto the bowl
                  • Make sure to lay one serviette

This amendment effective immediately and must be done in , particularly when SQ VVIP Mr. MAN Flyer and the-new-VIP-of-HKG-based-airlines Mr. UMD in the pax list.

Have a very good morning everyone.

Comment

Due to the practice by the crew member on board one of our main profitable route, to achieve a consistency goal in our pax satisfaction, we amend the service procedure for serving nuts on all A380 and 77W in BCL:
                    • Place the nuts bowls into the warming oven together with the nuts as soon as possible
                    • When serving the drinks after taking off, put one serving of nuts onto the bowl
                    • Make sure to lay one serviette

This amendment effective immediately and must be done in , particularly when SQ VVIP Mr. MAN Flyer and the-new-VIP-of-HKG-based-airlines Mr. UMD in the pax list.

Have a very good morning everyone.
                    Thank you SQ and SQ LPP for paying attention to this nutty detail. This is why we love SQ.

Seriously, for consistency SQ should just go ahead and warm the nuts. They taste so much better warm anyway.

Comment

SQ A345 All Business Class is implementing Flexi-Dining

I learned today from the crew that the all Business Class A345 non-stop flight is implementing flexi-dining for the 2nd and the 3rd meals.

Meals will be served up to 1 and 1/2 hours before arrival.

Comment

No more tablecloth for some regional service?

From my last two flights to CGK on J, there was no table cloth setting any longer. Can anyone confirm this downgrade in service standard to other short regional destinations?

Comment

From my last two flights to CGK on J, there was no table cloth setting any longer. Can anyone confirm this downgrade in service standard to other short regional destinations?
                          I hope they don't do that. Even Garuda has tablecloth in J for local flights IIRC.
                          My next flight out is only in three weeks, will see if they have indeed removed the tablecloth.

Comment

I learned today from the crew that the all Business Class A345 non-stop flight is implementing flexi-dining for the 2nd and the 3rd meals.

Meals will be served up to 1 and 1/2 hours before arrival.
                            With the lower than expected load, it will be an easier task doing flexi-dinning.

Have the load gone up yet of the direct flights?

Comment

SIN-KUL has probably the quickest meal service out of any other route based on flight duration. The last time I was on this route in J (April), they still had table cloth service, not sure if it's changed now. It's amazing how efficient FA's are on this route!

cheers.

Comment

Still no more table linen for CGK sector and worse: gone is the bone china dish!

Just completed another RT on SIN - CGK and I can confirm that there is no more table linen for the meal service on SIN - CGK sector on C. The tray is still lined with a cloth but no longer the table. I am also extremely upset that SQ has done away with the bone china main course dishware and replace it the rectangular melamine / plastic dishware with a wavy top. This is quite similar to the one used for Y.

If it is done for CGK, I am sure SQ will be rolling the same out to the other short haul stations as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X