This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
    Also, when booking online, how would you know if particular seats are available? I mean, you won't be able to select your seat until after you've confirmed the booking with payment, right?
    You can choose your seats before payment. It is at the Travel Insurance page

Comment

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
      Thank you! Would the age of the aircraft be a relevant factor? (Is it correct to assume the A380 is generally newer?)
      The A380s with upper deck economy (9V-SKA to 9V-SKK) were delivered between 2007 to 2010.

The A380s with all upper deck business (9V-SKL to 9V-SKT) were delivered between 2011 to 2012.

The 777-300ERs (9V-SWA to 9V-SWT) were delivered between 2006 to 2009.

The refitted 777-200ERs were refurbished between 2011 to 2013, but were delivered between 2001 to 2003.

So the newest aircraft seats are the refitted 777-200ERs, followed by the A380s then the 777-300ERs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        You can choose your seats before payment. It is at the Travel Insurance page
        Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        The A380s with upper deck economy (9V-SKA to 9V-SKK) were delivered between 2007 to 2010.

The A380s with all upper deck business (9V-SKL to 9V-SKT) were delivered between 2011 to 2012.

The 777-300ERs (9V-SWA to 9V-SWT) were delivered between 2006 to 2009.

The refitted 777-200ERs were refurbished between 2011 to 2013, but were delivered between 2001 to 2003.

So the newest aircraft seats are the refitted 777-200ERs, followed by the A380s then the 777-300ERs.
        Great to know, thanks for all the info!

Comment

• SIN-KIX-SIN

Hi, I need some advice on the a330 SQ616/5 as I'll be heading to KIX next month for some R&R. Do you recommend the bulkhead seats at row 31?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Hi, I need some advice on the a330 SQ616/5 as I'll be heading to KIX next month for some R&R. Do you recommend the bulkhead seats at row 31?
            Should be OK so long as you don't have a crying infant in the bassinet next to you!

In any case, bring a pair of noise canceling headsets or ask for ear plugs.

Enjoy! We're due to visit Osaka again in April 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              Should be OK so long as you don't have a crying infant in the bassinet next to you!

In any case, bring a pair of noise canceling headsets or ask for ear plugs.

Enjoy! We're due to visit Osaka again in April 2014
              Thanks, 9V-SIA! I think by some co-incidence we seem to share similar holiday destinations. Trying to catch some autumn leaves and onsen/ryokans this time in Wakayama prefecture.

Comment

• Just wanted to check, seats in first row of business with bassenetts are restricted to be booked until checkin?

I want to sit with a friend in the bulkhead, but currently we are in 11A and 11K

Comment

• Originally posted by Davem4 View Post
                  Just wanted to check, seats in first row of business with bassenetts are restricted to be booked until checkin?

I want to sit with a friend in the bulkhead, but currently we are in 11A and 11K
                  Davem4, they're blocked online, but you should be able to get them by calling SQ.
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Davem4 View Post
                    Just wanted to check, seats in first row of business with bassenetts are restricted to be booked until checkin?

What plane config? 77W bassinets are not at 11

Comment

• I only have tried SQ b777, A380 and A330 and my favorite seats.... back of the plane so last seats hahaha

Comment

• Hi all

I'll fly SQ A380 from zrh to sin and back. I'm happy to have 2 economy seats in the upper deck (79 A/C, 77 A/C).
                        People have said that 79A and 79K are great window seats as there is nothing behind to impede reclining your chair, but what about the aisle seats, 79C and 79H. I know the crew seat is right behind both C and H, but does it affect the seat's ability to recline??

Thank you so much for your feedbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dani_zch View Post
                          Hi all

I'll fly SQ A380 from zrh to sin and back. I'm happy to have 2 economy seats in the upper deck (79 A/C, 77 A/C).
                          People have said that 79A and 79K are great window seats as there is nothing behind to impede reclining your chair, but what about the aisle seats, 79C and 79H. I know the crew seat is right behind both C and H, but does it affect the seat's ability to recline??

Thank you so much for your feedbacks.
                          I flew in 78A SIN-ZRH in June. I really liked that seat because the storage bin lined up almost perfectly with the seat. I was able to put my entire hand luggage into it which was perfect for getting things organised in the morning before landing.

Not all of the storage bins line up exactly with the seat which means you could end up having part of your bin being next to another passenger.

Comment

• Am I correct in saying that the 9V-SRH is the only aircraft in SQ's fleet that does not have AVOD systems as those from SRA to SRG have been decommissioned or turned over to other carriers?

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                              Am I correct in saying that the 9V-SRH is the only aircraft in SQ's fleet that does not have AVOD systems as those from SRA to SRG have been decommissioned or turned over to other carriers?
                              Yes, 9V-SRH is the only aircraft left in SQ fleet which does not have AVOD

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                Yes, 9V-SRH is the only aircraft left in SQ fleet which does not have AVOD
                                Just curious, do they publish a separate Krisworld guide just for this aircraft?

Comment

Working...
                                X