This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danger UXB View Post
    Are we talking similar headroom space in row 1 as there is in the J cabin? And likewise for row 2 and the foot space?

Cheers Danger UXB
    I leave it to your wild imagination how a seat can be wider in 1-2-1 configuration compared to 1-2-1 configuration...

SQ puts the table on the side of the J seat so it is technically a bit narrower than the F seat. In practice, the width difference doesn't really matter. J has a little bit less seat pitch than F and that's more present.

11A, 11D, 11F and 11K are in the 'mini-cabin' upfront and they are basically giving you the same space as a seat in F. Only the padding of the seat is a bit less. Cabin is as quiet as First and with 8 pax you are on par with F as well.

15 D and 15 F should be your choice of seats if row 11 is not available and for all other seats you are really in J :-)

Comment

Are we talking similar headroom space in row 1 as there is in the J cabin? And likewise for row 2 and the foot space?

Cheers Danger UXB
      The feet space cut-out in row 2, and the corresponding head space cut-out in row 1, is much less noticeable than the J seats. This is mainly because of the increased pitch in F, thereby requiring much less "pitch overlap" between the seat and the row behind.

But then again, I suppose F seat needs to have *some* noticeable advantages over the J seat...

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
        The feet space cut-out in row 2, and the corresponding head space cut-out in row 1, is much less noticeable than the J seats. This is mainly because of the increased pitch in F, thereby requiring much less "pitch overlap" between the seat and the row behind.

But then again, I suppose F seat needs to have *some* noticeable advantages over the J seat...
        I see so row 1 and 2 are different seat shells where row 2 has no foot cut out next to your head for the non existent row behind. This differs from J where the last row still has the foot hole next to your head even though there is no row behind.
        Sorry to be a pain but I have an F redemption to MXP and its my first time in SQF so I just want to choose the best row up front
        Many thanks for all you help
        Danger UXB

Comment

• Of course, you can avoid all the discussion about the 77W F seat by redeeming in Suites...

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
            Of course, you can avoid all the discussion about the 77W F seat by redeeming in Suites...
            Alas no suites to MXP. The booking is part of a trip from MEL-SIN-MXP with the first leg in suites so happy days all around

Comment

I see so row 1 and 2 are different seat shells where row 2 has no foot cut out next to your head for the non existent row behind. This differs from J where the last row still has the foot hole next to your head even though there is no row behind.
              Sorry to be a pain but I have an F redemption to MXP and its my first time in SQF so I just want to choose the best row up front
              Many thanks for all you help
              Danger UXB
              Milan is not a busy flight, I have taken it a couple of times. I usually make a reservation for 1A and then sleep in 2A.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                77W First has been subject to some space reduction and you have an intrusion into your space:

Row 1: Full width legroom but only half width headroom, the intrusion is coming from the footroom for row 2.

Row 2: Full width headroom but only half width legroom, the intrusion coming from the seat in front of you.

If you are in the upright position, row 1 is nicer for lounging, dinner, TV. For bed mode, row 2 is nicer as your should room is not impacted.
                Ahh ok so for long trips, better to take row 2 then, since sleeping would be the priority. How about on the 777-300's. do they have the same issue ?

thanks !

Comment

• Just slept in Row 2, both are not bad but I think Row 1 better for sleeping. I tested out SMK77's 'sit in Row 1, sleep in Row 2 technique'

Comes down to if your feet or your head like to move about more when sleeping

Comment

• Thank you all for the replies . I think I'll try row 2
                    Cheers Danger UXB

Comment

• Where there isn't an issue of getting out of the seat (i.e. angled flat 2-2-2 configurations) or the leg space being constricted by the seat in front (i.e. SQ 1-2-1 J), I prefer to avoid the first row (Row 1, 11, etc) as I'm not a big fan of staring into a wall and prefer the open feeling of being able to see forward into the cabin.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I always prefer bulkhead windows myself, although be warned the A330 doesn't have overhead bins immediately over 11A/K.
                        Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Without doubt the Row 11s are the best, I also like A/K. Much more room than the other rows.
                        Great! 11A it is!!!
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Between SYD and SIN on J would you go for the A380 or the B777-300ER/B777-200ER Refitted? Assuming the seat itself is the same product in all three aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                            Between SYD and SIN on J would you go for the A380 or the B777-300ER/B777-200ER Refitted? Assuming the seat itself is the same product in all three aircraft.
                            Flight isn't really that long to worry about it too much but if 11A or K is available then without doubt the 773ER.
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 17 October 2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Flight isn't really that long to worry about it too much but if 11A or K is available then without doubt the 773ER.
                              Thank you! Would the age of the aircraft be a relevant factor? (Is it correct to assume the A380 is generally newer?)

Comment

• Also, when booking online, how would you know if particular seats are available? I mean, you won't be able to select your seat until after you've confirmed the booking with payment, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X