Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The window is a far stretch if you're sitting in the Upper Deck on the 388. I also, like you, prefer the window seats to see what's going on outside but love the pitch available at the Emex.

I realised I preferred the view more than the pitch *shock horror* on my SIN-NRT-SIN flight so I swapped out my Emex on the return leg and was quite happy being 'squashed' somewhere (I think it was 73K but will have to double-check my BP).

And yes, I think they close the window shades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      The window is a far stretch if you're sitting in the Upper Deck on the 388. I also, like you, prefer the window seats to see what's going on outside but love the pitch available at the Emex.

I realised I preferred the view more than the pitch *shock horror* on my SIN-NRT-SIN flight so I swapped out my Emex on the return leg and was quite happy being 'squashed' somewhere (I think it was 73K but will have to double-check my BP).

And yes, I think they close the window shades.
      Kyo thank you kindly for your opinion. Not going to lie to you here, but I think I share the same opinion as you. In May 2008 i flew EWR-SIN on the A345..my EE seat 33D [mini cabin] was broken (and had a mind of it's own)...and well when I asked if there was any other seat, I was pointed to (and took) 34G...with 34E being empty (SCORE!!) While I did sleep quite soundly, i did find it very hard to get comfortable not having a foot rest like on a regular seat. So of course I used my pregnant backpack as one.

On the return leg later in May, 33D this time worked fine, and I was much more comfortable...even with 32D reclining into me..and again 33E was vacant..

Yeah I don't think I will change that seat...right now 77K is vacant, hopefully it stays that way (which I doubt of course)

oh well, bummer about the window shades, but whatever eh
      Thanks again
      I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
        Oh side note: thanks to the pics provided here (or another thread, can't remember) i was able to snag 43C on the 77W...nice full recline, and only a two-some

cheers!
        was the proximity to galley/lavatory an issue for you? and what do you mean by full recline? it offers better recline than other seats? is there inseat power for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
          was the proximity to galley/lavatory an issue for you? and what do you mean by full recline? it offers better recline than other seats? is there inseat power for this?
          Hey bent

Sorry, I havent' flown that 77W flight; this will be on May 7th, 2009 [although I may end up cancelling my booking]

In terms of galley/lavatory issue, i have taken seats by lavatories many times (usually with them at my back) and it has never been a problem for me. As for the galley, never experienced that one before but i will take it as it comes. If you wondering how i would be able to sleep, well i have the "luxury genes" in that once i'm out, yeah, i'm out, no drugs needed. Also if/when i have my earphones (regular in ear MDR-EX51 buds) with my iPod on, yeah paradise

In terms of recline, what I meant by full, was "normal" amount of recline. It would appear that the recline is normal if not near normal [which is fine for me, as I rarely go for the max recline, even when sleeping]

But i was able to find the pictuers i was referring to. Thank you kindly both StarG and CGK

56 AC/HK
          43 AC
          I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
            Wow! I would not be happy to be seated in Row 56 AC/HK on 77W.

I am disappointed that SQ would order a/c for their long haul fleet with extra limited recline.

Comment

• i would also like to ask in the A380 Y class, given that 48D and 75H (upper deck aisle) are available? which would you recommend?

i am leaning towards 48D for the extra legspace (since no seat in front) but am concerned about the tray table and personal tv stored in the side rest..by the way, the personal tv is not smaller just because it is stowed in the side rest right?

Comment

• A380 - 44A, 44K, 54A, 54K.

Avoid if you are tall as you cannot stretch your legs. Cover of the emergency exit slide goes beyond the center line of your own seat. Inferior to any standard seat. No recommended and definitely not a premium seat.

Just experienced on SYD-SIN in 54A and I was not happy. Cabin crew agreed that seat is not good...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  17A and K have the most room of all. But they also suffer from galley noise - more galley noise than any other aircraft I've been on.
                  I am flying soon NRT-SIN on the A380 in J and have selected 18A (daytime flight). I have flown SIN-NRT (night flight) previously and selected 17A and yes there is gallery noise and lights issue through the curtains however I had both my QC2's and eye covers on.

Since this is a day flight and most likely I wouldnt be sleeping much anyway, am I better off with 17A or 18A (assuming gallery noise is not an issue). Also do they pull down the window shades on this daytime flight?

cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                    I am flying soon NRT-SIN on the A380 in J and have selected 18A (daytime flight). I have flown SIN-NRT (night flight) previously and selected 17A and yes there is gallery noise and lights issue through the curtains however I had both my QC2's and eye covers on.
                    I'm interested in finding out why you wouldn't prefer the 11-15 row section? Supposedly that section is more private, but I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts. Also, if you end up choosing 18A, why wouldn't you go a little further back, to get away from the galley noise, since leg room for 18 would be the same as for say row 22?

Comment

• Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                      I'm interested in finding out why you wouldn't prefer the 11-15 row section? Supposedly that section is more private, but I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts. Also, if you end up choosing 18A, why wouldn't you go a little further back, to get away from the galley noise, since leg room for 18 would be the same as for say row 22?
                      Thanks for your feedback. Couple quick points:

1. 15A would have been my first choice as I agree with you that the forward cabin is much more quiet however all seats except 12F and 16F (both in middle section) have been taken.

2. The only single seats open in the back left section is 26A and 27A. I am currently booked in 18A. On the SQ sticky thread in flyertalk, KIWIFLYER mentions that 17A/K are probably the best seats (dont have to sleep in an angle). Looking at KVS, 17A shows booked however after calling SQ's toll free #, they have blocked it however it's available if I wanted.

cheers.

Comment

anyway, am I better off with 17A or 18A (assuming gallery noise is not an issue). Also do they pull down the window shades on this daytime flight?
                        I'd go with 17A if you don't mind the noise.... however........

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                        KIWIFLYER mentions that 17A/K are probably the best seats (dont have to sleep in an angle).
                        This is not entirely true. You can sleep straight, provided

1) You are well under 55 inches tall
                        2) You don't mind missing a whole chunk of seat material where your knee ought to be when lying down.

In any case, even if you slept at an angle relative to the front of the plane, you'd stil be sleeping straightish relative to yourself. You won't notice the angle.

Comment

I'd go with 17A if you don't mind the noise.... however........

This is not entirely true. You can sleep straight, provided

1) You are well under 55 inches tall
                          2) You don't mind missing a whole chunk of seat material where your knee ought to be when lying down.

In any case, even if you slept at an angle relative to the front of the plane, you'd stil be sleeping straightish relative to yourself. You won't notice the angle.
                          Thanks SQFG! I'll make my change to 17A! cheers.

BTW - have you flown SQ11 in F? I think I may have seen you once out of several times I have flown that route......

Comment

Thanks SQFG! I'll make my change to 17A! cheers.

BTW - have you flown SQ11 in F? I think I may have seen you once out of several times I have flown that route......
                            Erm once, but changed to SQ997 in NRT to continue the next day...

Comment

Erm once, but changed to SQ997 in NRT to continue the next day...
                              Now I am almost sure it was you.....haha. Did you by any chance fly in Sept 2008 and more specifically were you in 2A? lol This is indeed going to be weird if you respond back saying yes....hehehe.

cheers.

Comment

Now I am almost sure it was you.....haha. Did you by any chance fly in Sept 2008 and more specifically were you in 2A? lol This is indeed going to be weird if you respond back saying yes....hehehe.

cheers.

It depends. if it was a stunning hot babe, then yes, that was me.

if not, then the answer is no, i have never even been on an SQ plane in my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X