Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed 16H is blocked on the 777-200ER (Spacebeds) for a 10:30 flight. Is that the pilot rest seat? Would 16K be assured of an empty seat beside me, for most of the flight? Or is the proximity to the lavs too annoying?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Noticed 16H is blocked on the 777-200ER (Spacebeds) for a 10:30 flight. Is that the pilot rest seat? Would 16K be assured of an empty seat beside me, for most of the flight? Or is the proximity to the lavs too annoying?
      Yep, they always used that when we had the 772ER nonstop to MAN. The only downsaide to 16K used to be that tech crew who came to occupy 16H would sometime be more interested in eating and watching films rather than sleeping so you got a bit of noise at the wrong time but of course you could have a pax next to you doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Yep, they always used that when we had the 772ER nonstop to MAN. The only downsaide to 16K used to be that tech crew who came to occupy 16H would sometime be more interested in eating and watching films rather than sleeping so you got a bit of noise at the wrong time but of course you could have a pax next to you doing that.
        Sleeping won't be my priority - not on my last Spacebeds run 16K it is then!

Comment

• Any thoughts on the best A345 seats? I'm in 12K now but worried about galley noise, it is better to move back a row or two just in case?

Comment

• Originally posted by qasr View Post
            Any thoughts on the best A345 seats? I'm in 12K now but worried about galley noise, it is better to move back a row or two just in case?
            I've been on 12K a couple of times. The noise from the galley has never bothered me, especially if you have your earphones or ear plugs. Yes, you can go all the way back to row 16, even 17, which is near the toilet though there is an exit between the seat and the toilet.

Comment

• 77W Economy Seats

Here are a few pictures of Y seats on the 77W (777-300ER). Might be useful for anyone thinking of paying extra for preferred seats.

The next two pictures show row 31, the first row in Y (Emergency Row).

31 B,C and H,J are preferred seats.

31A and K have no obstruction from the emergency door, as the door is flat.

Although they are stated on the seatmap as windowless, you do get views from the small window in the emergency door.

The 2 pictures below show row 44 emergency row.

44 B,C and H,J are preferred seats.

44A and K have some obstruction from the emergency door.

The picture below shows row 56, the last row on the plane.

Seats in the middle, 56 DEG, have reasonably full recline.

Warning: 56 AC and HK have minimal/no recline, and should be avoided unless the flight is near-empty and you are assured of both seats to yourself.

And for dessert...here are a couple of shots of the Business Class section as well.

Last row of J, row 22:

2nd J cabin, rows 14-22:

Comment

• Very thorough survey. Great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  I've been on 12K a couple of times. The noise from the galley has never bothered me, especially if you have your earphones or ear plugs. Yes, you can go all the way back to row 16, even 17, which is near the toilet though there is an exit between the seat and the toilet.
                  My wife was in row 17 windowseat recently and swore never to take that row again because (even with earplugs) the lav door is very loud because it is not the folding type door, but one solid door that swings wide open, then slams shut in a loud fashion unless fellow passengers take extra care. Also, the flight attendant intercom is right behind that row and she complained she was disturbed everytime the intercom "pinged". She didnt get good sleep, due to these noise sources.

On the other hand, I was in row 15 window and had none of these issues.

Comment

• sadly, SQ has been blocking many seats on the planes, thus leaving us with undesirable choices...

Comment

• "Best" J seat on A330 and regional 772?

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations on which J seats are the best on the A330 and regional 772?
                      Thanks!

Comment

• I always prefer bulkhead windows myself, although be warned the A330 doesn't have overhead bins immediately over 11A/K.

Comment

• Anyone can advise which row is better on F class on the 77W ? I was told row 1 and row 2 have some difference ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I always prefer bulkhead windows myself, although be warned the A330 doesn't have overhead bins immediately over 11A/K.
                            Without doubt the Row 11s are the best, I also like A/K. Much more room than the other rows.

hjerapa: There's been quite a few heated debates (ala 9V-SIA vs SMK77) on that one and I'd say, no definitive answer - depends on how you like to sleep. Also depends on if you're extremely tall - like 9V-SIA. I've only had Row 2 previously, but will be trying Row 1 this Weds, so ask me again in 4 days...

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              Anyone can advise which row is better on F class on the 77W ? I was told row 1 and row 2 have some difference ?
                              77W First has been subject to some space reduction and you have an intrusion into your space:

Row 1: Full width legroom but only half width headroom, the intrusion is coming from the footroom for row 2.

Row 2: Full width headroom but only half width legroom, the intrusion coming from the seat in front of you.

If you are in the upright position, row 1 is nicer for lounging, dinner, TV. For bed mode, row 2 is nicer as your should room is not impacted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                77W First has been subject to some space reduction and you have an intrusion into your space:

Row 1: Full width legroom but only half width headroom, the intrusion is coming from the footroom for row 2.

Row 2: Full width headroom but only half width legroom, the intrusion coming from the seat in front of you.

If you are in the upright position, row 1 is nicer for lounging, dinner, TV. For bed mode, row 2 is nicer as your should room is not impacted.
                                Are we talking similar headroom space in row 1 as there is in the J cabin? And likewise for row 2 and the foot space?

Cheers Danger UXB

Comment

Working...
                                X