This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
    cool, thanks. im on that seat for SIN-JFK. ive heard things like people tend to congregate in that area and lack of storage space. is it a big problem? regardless, i still feel USD50 for SIN-JFK is a good deal.

am thinking of paying another USD50 for JFK-FRA-SIN...should i stick with 81 or try out 71?
    I also don't think folk really congregate in the area ahead of 81, shouldn't be a worry. Somewhere in my earlier postings I commented that I popped my laptop bag on the floor in front of me and used this as a foot rest, resulting in an extremely comfortable sleep - your mileage may vary on this point however, as it technically represents blocking of an emergency exit; the crew explained it was fine for me as long as the bag wasn't there for either takeoff or landing, and if it caused any problems for pax waiting for the toilets etc. The rule is, no bags on the floor here, but it's flexible. If you're not causing grief then I think they'll turn a blind eye. Even if you get a crew who won't allow you to place a bag in front of you, I still think the row represents good value for the cash

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Yes, lots of leg room and freedom of movement. The only issue I have are these: a) you can't watch telly during take-off and landing, b) there is no pockets in front of you to keep small things away like your glasses or iPod/iPad, c) you can't place a small bag under the seat in front of you, if you want certain things within reach. If you take the window seat, however, you should have the storage bin by the window for most stuff and you can easily put the bigger stuff in the overhead bins.

I would recommend trying both 71 and 81. I don't think anyone will really congregate at the space in front of 81. It isn't alot of space for more than one or two to stand around. Just bring a pair of ear plugs in case you have an issue with the noise. The JFK-FRA leg is at night so most will sleep after dinner ... unless you're travelling with a group of hyper-active young people.

Enjoy!
      so there are actually storage bins on the side for row 71 and 81 window seats!

anyway, thanks guys. ill probably go 71 on JFK-SIN and then 81 on SIN-JFK.

Comment

ONLY if you're travelling alone.
        Is this from experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Is this from experience?
          Partly, but it's based very much from man's natural survival instinct.

Comment

• The damned website won't let me select seats so I called up KUL office to get 11A for me for the 72E. Was warned that 11A is windowless. Is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Is this true?
              No... (three dots just to make sure the post is the right length)

Comment

The damned website won't let me select seats so I called up KUL office to get 11A for me for the 72E. Was warned that 11A is windowless. Is this true?
                Both the seatmaps (one older PDF and the other on SQ's website) do not state that 11A is windowless.

Comment

Both the seatmaps (one older PDF and the other on SQ's website) do not state that 11A is windowless.
                  That's what I thought. Maybe she got confused with another seat map. Then again, I can't think of another config with a windowless 11A.

Comment

• Thanks to the advice on this forum, nabbed 14A in J on the A380 and 11K on the 77W on an upcoming SYD - SIN - LHR flight.

The recommendations for row 11 for the 77W made it a no brainer...

Comment

That's what I thought. Maybe she got confused with another seat map. Then again, I can't think of another config with a windowless 11A.
                      SilverChris, that would be the 380. Both 11A and K are windowless if my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Logan^ View Post
                        Thanks to the advice on this forum, nabbed 14A in J on the A380 and 11K on the 77W on an upcoming SYD - SIN - LHR flight.

The recommendations for row 11 for the 77W made it a no brainer...
                        I actually prefer 14(A)/K on the 77W...and 17A/(K) on the 388. It always feels like I have my own private crew in the galley. And the traffic and noise, well...luxury eye shades from QR and some ear plugs block all that out anyway when sleeping.
                        /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                          I actually prefer 14(A)/K on the 77W...and 17A/(K) on the 388. It always feels like I have my own private crew in the galley. And the traffic and noise, well...luxury eye shades from QR and some ear plugs block all that out anyway when sleeping.
                          Both are day flights, so dont think I will be bothered about sleeping for a long time + 17 A/K are taken.

Comment

SilverChris, that would be the 380. Both 11A and K are windowless if my memory serves me correctly.
                            Thanks for the tip

Should really start doing my homework

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                              cool, thanks. im on that seat for SIN-JFK. ive heard things like people tend to congregate in that area and lack of storage space. is it a big problem? regardless, i still feel USD50 for SIN-JFK is a good deal.

am thinking of paying another USD50 for JFK-FRA-SIN...should i stick with 81 or try out 71?
                              I personally like 81 over 71 as there is more of a space. The lav and partitions to J makes the space at 71 feel a tad tight

Comment

• Originally posted by Logan^ View Post
                                Both are day flights, so dont think I will be bothered about sleeping for a long time + 17 A/K are taken.
                                You got great seats and I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience!
                                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                                X