X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zvezda
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    It's not really 2 spares at the moment, SQ needs 8 388s (factoring maintenance hours) to do LHR x2, CDG, SYD, NRT, HKG.
    SQ need 7 available for flying, leaving 2 for MX plus spares. 2xLHR requires 3 flying, CDG+HKG requires 2. SYD and NRT require 1 each (as will MEL). 8 would probably suffice for flying plus MX, at least until the WhaleJets are old enough that they need to be pulled from service for more than 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    It's not really 2 spares at the moment, SQ needs 8 388s (factoring maintenance hours) to do LHR x2, CDG, SYD, NRT, HKG.

My guess for SYD is either 2x388 + 1x773/77W or 1x388 + 3x773/77W.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    C'mon KUL! Upgauge 118/119 and I'll be a happy camper

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    My 2c is 2nd SYD / MEL

*goes for the underdog*

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    In that order?

SYD will only need one, while LHR and FRA need two. In fact, SQ can upgauge SYD to WhaleJet with the two spares now.
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Leave a comment:

• TerryK
    replied
    Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    My guesses are: 2nd SYD, 3rd LHR, or FRA.
    In that order?

SYD will only need one, while LHR and FRA need two. In fact, SQ can upgauge SYD to WhaleJet with the two spares now.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    Now that MEL has been confirmed as the next WhaleJet destination, what's after MEL? We probably need to wait for SKK in Jan 2010 which give us a few months to book F/C seats before upgauge. The question is: which route is more likely to be next?
    My guesses are: 2nd SYD, 3rd LHR, or FRA.

Leave a comment:

• TerryK
    replied
    Now that MEL has been confirmed as the next WhaleJet destination, what's after MEL? We probably need to wait for SKK in Jan 2010 which give us a few months to book F/C seats before upgauge. The question is: which route is more likely to be next?

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    SQ to fly A380 to Melbourne wef 29 Sep 2009

It has been announced officially : SQ to fly A380 to Melbourne wef 29 Sep 2009 (SQ227 & SQ228).

See separate thread for press release.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Isn't that only the 2 that were supposed to be delivered this year but has since been pushed to 2010?
    Whether LH deferred all 15 or only some of them, any deferral is strong evidence that they don't want earlier delivery.

Only a little more than a year ago, Airbus were planning to delivery 45 WhaleJets in 2010. Now it's looking like not more than 18. The reason has nothing to do with the past production problems. The reason is that the airlines don't want VLAs right now. They are waiting for better economic times.

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    Isn't that only the 2 that were supposed to be delivered this year but has since been pushed to 2010?

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    LH? I didn't see any announcements regarding LH deferring the 388.
    Yes, LH deferred.
    http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...0414-a6ab.html

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    LH is one of the companies which recently deferred their WhaleJet deliveries.
    LH? I didn't see any announcements regarding LH deferring the 388. AFAIK, they are still firmly committed to the 388 deliveries - Link.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    I would think that LH will be more interested in getting those slots.
    LH is one of the companies which recently deferred their WhaleJet deliveries.

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
    Is it possible SQ will get some of their A380's earlier than expected with the recent news, both Thai and BA have delayed their A380 orders?

SQ238.
    While it's possible that SQ will be offered the slots, I would think that LH will be more interested in getting those slots.

There has also been some rumours through the grapevine about CX taking 10 388s off EK so those slots might go to CX.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X