X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerryK
    replied
    Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    ...I'm guessing twelve months for 9V-SKL and six months for 9V-SKS. If I'm right, SQ would not be taking delivery of any WhaleJets in the 2010 fiscal year running from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.
    Makes sense. This means SKK is the last Whalejet for SQ for now. Only enough to upgauge one more longhaul flight.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    SQ have officially disclosed to the Singapore Stock Exchange that they have deferred delivery of the last 8 WhaleJets on order by six to twelve months each. The affected aircraft are 9V-SKL through 9V-SKS.

I'm guessing twelve months for 9V-SKL and six months for 9V-SKS. If I'm right, SQ would not be taking delivery of any WhaleJets in the 2010 fiscal year running from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    9V-SKL

The mystery of the missing convoy for 9V-SKL seems to have been solved. SQ have reportedly deferred delivery from Q2 2010 to Q3 2010. Parts for 9V-SKL should be visible in one or both of the next two convoys. It's not clear whether SQ will take both 9V-SKL and 9V-SKM in Q3 or whether all remaining WhaleJets have been deferred. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Anyone heard, A380 HKG will only be temporary? I heard the most will be by end of Dec only, not sure the reason why.
    Right before the Lunar New Year would be a strange time to reduce capacity between SIN and HKG. If SQ were to replace the WhaleJet to HKG right before the Lunar New Year, I would expect the replacement would be two daily 777s, not one.

When 9V-SKK is delivered in January, SQ could conceivably pull the WhaleJet from HKG in order to upgauge service to FRA or a third daily LHR.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Anyone heard, A380 HKG will only be temporary? I heard the most will be by end of Dec only, not sure the reason why.
    You sure do hear a lot of stuff...

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    A380 HKG is only temporary

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    9V-SKK has exited FAL and is expected to make her first flight on or about 20 August. She is still due for delivery in January.

Still no sign of a convoy for 9V-SKL.

Leave a comment:

• bmchris
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
    I meant to say that "it was not that JFK was not ready for A380" therefore I wasn't saying that JFK was not ready for A380, in fact the opposite. In fact the CS himself even mentioned that EK flew the A380 to JFK.
    Air France is joining that club before the end of 2009 as well.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Bhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
    huh?

EK flew to JFK before deciding they could make more money flying them on another route. Nothing to do with JFK not being ready.
    I meant to say that "it was not that JFK was not ready for A380" therefore I wasn't saying that JFK was not ready for A380, in fact the opposite. In fact the CS himself even mentioned that EK flew the A380 to JFK.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK)
    huh?

EK flew to JFK before deciding they could make more money flying them on another route. Nothing to do with JFK not being ready.

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Does FAA or any agency at federal/state/airport level have to give authorisation based on safety regulations regarding a new aircraft type belonging to a specific owner? E.g. presence and location of emergency medical equipment etc. on a particular aircraft type belonging to that particular operator? Because this was specifically what the CS referred to regarding "FAA certification" - he obviously did not mean the FAA certification of aircraft type but "operator-specific/unique" equipment or presence/location of such equipment and he referred to safety and medical equipment (presumably stuff like the defibrilator etc.).
    I can't find anything like that in the FARs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Bhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by zvezda View Post
    Your CS didn't know what he was talking about. FAA certification is based on type, not on owner. The only thing keeping SQ from flying WhaleJets to the States is the economy.
    Does FAA or any agency at federal/state/airport level have to give authorisation based on safety regulations regarding a new aircraft type belonging to a specific owner? E.g. presence and location of emergency medical equipment etc. on a particular aircraft type belonging to that particular operator? Because this was specifically what the CS referred to regarding "FAA certification" - he obviously did not mean the FAA certification of aircraft type but "operator-specific/unique" equipment or presence/location of such equipment and he referred to safety and medical equipment (presumably stuff like the defibrilator etc.).

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    Dunno if it makes sense but according to the J cabin CS on my last flight, he claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK) but rather that SQ's A380s were still in the queue for FAA-certification for deployment to US airports. He had no idea when SQ would get the go ahead.
    Your CS didn't know what he was talking about. FAA certification is based on type, not on owner. The only thing keeping SQ from flying WhaleJets to the States is the economy.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Bhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    weren't EK flying their A380 to JFK? How can it not be ready?
    Dunno if it makes sense but according to the J cabin CS on my last flight, he claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK) but rather that SQ's A380s were still in the queue for FAA-certification for deployment to US airports. He had no idea when SQ would get the go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• SQKevin
    replied
    The 11th SQ A380, 9V-SKK (F-WWAH), is now fully assembled and parked at the flight production line in Toulouse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a380spo...57621891621406

Leave a comment:

Working...
X