X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cscs1956
    replied
    Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
    I don't quite understand the rationale especially for the ZRH flight.

I was on the inaugural First to Fly A380 to ZRH on the 28th of March. Equipment, -SKD. Seat in Y class 60A.

As more newer A380s get delivered to SQ, why don't they fly the newer ones on inaugurals?

-SKD was a huge disappointed and disgrace for a first flight. Cabin was filthy, and "water" was leaking from the space where the lights are located, or is it those lines in between them...

Saw tissue paper(!!!) being shoved up to stem the leakage. Absolutely facelosing... For a first flight somemore~!
    Suprised to known that this problem has not been fixed. Was on SIN-TOK first few A380 flight and getting the same problem above my seat. Think that was more than 1 years back!.

Leave a comment:

• Fryderyk HPH
    replied
    I don't quite understand the rationale especially for the ZRH flight.

I was on the inaugural First to Fly A380 to ZRH on the 28th of March. Equipment, -SKD. Seat in Y class 60A.

As more newer A380s get delivered to SQ, why don't they fly the newer ones on inaugurals?

-SKD was a huge disappointed and disgrace for a first flight. Cabin was filthy, and "water" was leaking from the space where the lights are located, or is it those lines in between them...

Saw tissue paper(!!!) being shoved up to stem the leakage. Absolutely facelosing... For a first flight somemore~!

Leave a comment:

• kelvgoh
    replied
    A380 inaugurals

Just thought I'd make a list of the aircraft which operated the various inaugurals

SYD: 9V-SKA
    LHR: 9V-SKB
    NRT: 9V-SKC
    CDG: 9V-SKH
    HKG: 9V-SKG
    MEL: 9V-SKH
    ZRH: 9V-SKD

Happy to be corrected

Leave a comment:

• hybridace101
    replied
    I hope to see the day to just for fun try R in the A380 from HKG-SIN. Maybe users in another forum said this.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Perhpas you are thinking of EK?

Leave a comment:

• hybridace101
    replied
    Wasn't SQ supposed to have bi-class A380s for regional routes?

Leave a comment:

• AsiaCommuter
    replied
    After Zurich, and when SQ restarts their delivery of whalejets, any speculation as to where they will deploy them?

For me, it would be useful if they would deploy one to Beijing SQ802/SQ805 - these flights in particular are more often than not always full in business, the whalejet would offer more seats? I have been waitlisted so many times on these sectors.... furthermore these flights offer really quick connections in Changi with the SQ Barcelona route (and other european connections).

I guess it's a relatively short flight for a large aircraft, but not much different than Tokyo and longer than Hong Kong. I noticed Emirates will soon start using a whalejet on the Dubai > Beijing route.

I was once told (whether true or not no idea) SQ are currently not allowed to increase the number of daily flights to Beijing, so increasing the capacity on a flight could help.

Just my thoughts....

Leave a comment:

• extremepower
    replied
    A380 is nice. manage to get an empty row of seat to japan. food is good too!

Leave a comment:

• calvina3xx
    replied
    Hello feb01mel,

Thanks so much for sharing it with me! At least now I know why. Good for those who are on F class already! I should have bought it when I had the chance! =p

Appreciate your sharing feb01mel! =)

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
    Thanks feb01mel! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Hi Calvina3xx,

Have phoned SQ to check, they told me due to a lot of pax currently on First Class (F) on the 777-300ER has to be op-up to Suites Class (R) on the A380 due to an aircraft change, thus the new fares for Suite Class is not yet available for other pax.

If you want to make a reservation, kindly call SQ Reservations so you can be put on a waiting list.

Those pax who are already on F are lucky to be opt up to R without paying an extra charge.

Leave a comment:

• calvina3xx
    replied
    Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Yeah, strange too, I been figuring out too, perhaps SQ has not yet load the fare for Suites yet. Anyhow, I have written to SQ and will receive a reply from them within the next few days. Will update once I get their reply.
    Thanks feb01mel! Hope to hear from you soon!

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    SQ might be cutting it close with the delayed delivery of SKK - compliments of Koito.

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
    Hello, I was trying to book Suites on a SQ A380 flight from SIN-ZRH, but there doesn't seem to be any available for months! Did SQ block out Suites or is the demand really that high for SIN-ZRH Suites? :S
    Yeah, strange too, I been figuring out too, perhaps SQ has not yet load the fare for Suites yet. Anyhow, I have written to SQ and will receive a reply from them within the next few days. Will update once I get their reply.

Leave a comment:

• calvina3xx
    replied
    Hello, I was trying to book Suites on a SQ A380 flight from SIN-ZRH, but there doesn't seem to be any available for months! Did SQ block out Suites or is the demand really that high for SIN-ZRH Suites? :S

Leave a comment:

• Fryderyk HPH
    replied
    Originally posted by bmchris View Post
    Wasn't SIN-HKG-SIN going to be withdrawn for the A380? For use on SIN-ZRH?
    Is it? I thought they are having another A380 delivered -SKK right? It should be ok. And with SQ220 going to be a A380, there will be more time at SIN so scheduling shouldn't be such a big problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X