X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Nope nothing to do with the SQ crew who flew the A380s and Scoot planes. These crew were picked up by the returning SQ flight from Sydney which diverted to pick them up.
    Those crew were picked up by 9V-SWM on the 26th. SilverKrisSRG was asking about 9V-SYL which diverted to ASP on the 30th.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    2 NokScoot B777s (HS-XBB and HS-XBC) were ferried to ASP this morning. Perhaps it was to pick up those crew members.
    Nope nothing to do with the SQ crew who flew the A380s and Scoot planes. These crew were picked up by the returning SQ flight from Sydney which diverted to pick them up.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
    Anymore SQ/TR aircraft(s) sent to ASP ? I noted today SQ212 9V-SYL is doing ASP-SIN, a flight that is normally done to pick up crews.
    2 NokScoot B777s (HS-XBB and HS-XBC) were ferried to ASP this morning. Perhaps it was to pick up those crew members.

Leave a comment:

• SilverKrisSRG
    replied
    Anymore SQ/TR aircraft(s) sent to ASP ? I noted today SQ212 9V-SYL is doing ASP-SIN, a flight that is normally done to pick up crews.

Leave a comment:

• jul247
    replied
    Video of 9V-SKT arriving into Alice Springs airport.

https://twitter.com/abramm97/status/...947972608?s=19

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/...138084.article

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    Would having only eight A380s in the long term even be economically sustainable? I remember another airline (KLM I believe) stated that a ten plane minimum is necessary for it to be financially viable to operate a sub fleet.

Anyways if that's really the case, I suppose we will see the 77Ws sticking around even after the introduction of the 779. Or perhaps even some A350s getting F. The A380 won't be an easy plane to replace.
    What I meant is that SQ will have only 8 of the ver 3 A380s and still be operating the older A380s. Just that in near future SQ will reduce its 380s by 4 planes and be operating with 15 total A380s instead of 19. It will take mre than a year for SQ to return to full flights as in before the virus outbreak and airlines are predicting post covid19 will take a longer time to recover and even that will have less travellers.

Leave a comment:

• oliverdave
    replied
    Would having only eight A380s in the long term even be economically sustainable? I remember another airline (KLM I believe) stated that a ten plane minimum is necessary for it to be financially viable to operate a sub fleet.
    Lufthansa is retiring 6 of its 14 A380s.

Leave a comment:

• jaywell
    replied
    When SKN is out of reconfiguration, there will be a total of 8 Ver 3 A380s. Heard the reconfiguratuon have been stopped on further aircafts. Looking at it SQ may only have these 8 ver 3 A380s, and the rest remaining as likely the older aircrafts will be retired earlier due to the heavy operational costs of the A380. As can be seen many airlines are sending their A380s for early pastures and these aircrafts are fairly young at about 10 years old. Air France and Luftansa are doing this and Emirates have alrady retired some A380s.

Anyways if that's really the case, I suppose we will see the 77Ws sticking around even after the introduction of the 779. Or perhaps even some A350s getting F. The A380 won't be an easy plane to replace.

Leave a comment:

• MainlyMiles
    replied
    For those interested, here is a video of SKZ landing in Alice Springs this morning.

9V-SKZ landing in Alice Springs 26 April 2020

Click 'HD' on the bottom right settings cog for the best quality. (Video credit: Chris Tangey)

Notice how you can also see the other three aircraft already parked in their storage position (SKZ was the last of four to land), while the two Scoot A320s (which landed first) are initially kept at the domestic terminal (left side).

Leave a comment:

• ell3
    replied
    as i suggested previously, sending to ASP is merely for storage to ease up parking congestion at changi. not surprising they sent the newest few cos those likely don't have any maintenance work/repairs to be done. whilst the rest will probably take their turns for minor works in SG during the down time.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    When SKN is out of reconfiguration, there will be a total of 8 Ver 3 A380s. Heard the reconfiguratuon have been stopped on further aircafts. Looking at it SQ may only have these 8 ver 3 A380s, and the rest remaining as likely the older aircrafts will be retired earlier due to the heavy operational costs of the A380. As can be seen many airlines are sending their A380s for early pastures and these aircrafts are fairly young at about 10 years old. Air France and Luftansa are doing this and Emirates have alrady retired some A380s.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    There could be a possibility that SQ is in the process of reconfiguring some of the older ones in SIN instead of early retirement. SKL-SKR are still relatively new.
    9V-SKN is apparently being re-configured to V3.

Leave a comment:

• jaywell
    replied
    Looks like SQ is going to use the older ones for the time being to used up as much cycles before they are retired early.
    There could be a possibility that SQ is in the process of reconfiguring some of the older ones in SIN instead of early retirement. SKL-SKR are still relatively new.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    SQ is sending 3 of its newest A380 ver 3 to be parked for short term, and one older but refurbisbed A380 SKT Looks like SQ is going to use the older ones for the time being to used up as much cycles before they are retired early.
    And there be only 4 A380s ver 3 which will likely be used on the SYD-LHR services only,
    Last edited by flyguy; 27 April 2020, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SQA350
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    All 4 A380s are now en-route

SQ8865|26APR (SIN-ASP; 9V-SKT)
    STD: 0130
    ATD: 0143

SQ8866|26APR (SIN-ASP; 9V-SKW)
    STD: 0245
    ATD: 0303

SQ8867|26APR (SIN-ASP; 9V-SKY)