X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
    Why are they not storing in Alice spring? SIA took up all the lots?
    From another source: 3 of their A380s are currently parked at LAX and these ones will be moved to Mojave.

Leave a comment:

• reddevil0728
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Another closer airline have decided as part of its sweeping three year COVID recovery plan announced today, Qantas has confirmed that the A380 will not fly for the airline until at least 2023. The giant jumbos will be heading to California for the meantime, to be stored in the vast facilities located within the Mojave desert.
    It would be a rare sight to see foreign A380s in Changi for some time to come.
    Why are they not storing in Alice spring? SIA took up all the lots?

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Another closer airline have decided as part of its sweeping three year COVID recovery plan announced today, Qantas has confirmed that the A380 will not fly for the airline until at least 2023. The giant jumbos will be heading to California for the meantime, to be stored in the vast facilities located within the Mojave desert.
    It would be a rare sight to see foreign A380s in Changi for some time to come.

Leave a comment:

• sbs2716g
    replied
    Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    It definitely didn't do that!

SIA8898
    Duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• sbs2716g
    replied

SIA8898
    I know. Don’t think the A380 can land At seletar

Leave a comment:

• scooby5
    replied

SIA8898

I think maybe sbs2716g took this photo I saw online?

Leave a comment:

• MainlyMiles
    replied
    Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    SQ8898 (9V-SKU) was reflected on the arrival board at T3 and it state that it is from seletar.

SIA8898

Leave a comment:

• sbs2716g
    replied
    9V-SKU went on a short air test this morning after almost 3 months on the ground at Changi.

4 more A380s heading to ASP this weekend I heard.
    SQ8898 (9V-SKU) was reflected on the arrival board at T3 and it state that it is from seletar.
    Last edited by sbs2716g; 23 June 2020, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MainlyMiles
    replied
    9V-SKU went on a short air test this morning after almost 3 months on the ground at Changi.

4 more A380s heading to ASP this weekend I heard.

Leave a comment:

• FN-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Yes do believe SIA will reduce its number of A380s from 19 presently to 14 or 15 by 2021.
    The remaining older 380s will likely to be used till they are 12 - 13 years old and SIA would probably run a fleet of 12 A380s only.
    What is this speculation based on?

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    Yes do believe SIA will reduce its number of A380s from 19 presently to 14 or 15 by 2021.
    The remaining older 380s will likely to be used till they are 12 - 13 years old and SIA would probably run a fleet of 12 A380s only.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbojet Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by jul247 View Post
    Air France has ended A380 operation officially. Rumour mills has it British Airways will do the same soon. Emirates started retiring its A380 as well with A6-EDB. I wonder what will be installed for SQ.
    AF had planned to retire the A380s early even before the current crisis, and LH was also going to cut their fleet. It never really worked for them, and they're merely accelerating those plans. The only BA rumours recently is that they might retire all their Boeing 747-400s, heard nothing about their A380s. EK's first A380 retirement is as expected at the end of a 12-year lease (EK's first A380 was delivered in 2008), and more will be retired as their leases end.

As for SQ, I believe the A380 will still serve a purpose but we may see a smaller fleet.

Leave a comment:

• jul247
    replied
    Air France has ended A380 operation officially. Rumour mills has it British Airways will do the same soon. Emirates started retiring its A380 as well with A6-EDB. I wonder what will be installed for SQ.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
    I think SQ will still be able to make the A380 work, even if not on a scale that they used to.
    Yes, if we look at the routes they use them on, very few are single daily flights- they are mostly high traffic routes with several daily flights. The routes SQ have struggled to fill the A380 on are the likes of CDG. Some of the airlines that have been so quick to remove the aircraft have often been using them on routes that don't have the same demand as SQ has for the likes of SIN-SYD/LHR/MEL

Leave a comment:

• Jumbojet Lover
    replied
    Meanwhile, Lufthansa is retiring half its A380 fleet. The remaining aircraft are unlikely to fly again until 2022, and will be based in Munich instead of Frankfurt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyq.../#4e7869855489

Maybe this would help fill SQ's A380 from Singapore to Frankfurt, and New York JFK by extension in due course?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X