What is happening with SQ27/28 in Jan/Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening with SQ27/28 in Jan/Feb

It seems to me that SQ27/28 is being cancelled on many days of the week. It is down to 4 flights a week. I don't know if this is a computer glitch before the schedule is fully updated, or it is actually going to be 4 flights a week. There are no 77W flights in Jan/Feb anymore, only 772ER flights left.

It is being cancelled from 14-Jan-08 onward. The last flight on 77W for SQ27/28 12-Jan-08.

Update: GDS shows SQ27/28 operates 7 days a week starting 01-Feb-08 with 777-200ER. No more 77Ws. I suspect the new schedule is not fully loaded yet. SQ27/28 will probably revert to 772ER daily.
    Last edited by TerryK; 8 November 2007, 08:42 AM.

I have a booking via Singaporeair.com on the 20th February for SQ27 TPE-SIN, and it is supposed to be a B77W, but now it doesn't show up with anything under my booking...
    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

So no new F/J products to LAX for quite some time to come.

Comment

Looks like SQ is playing with SQ27/28 aircrafts a lot. Now, GDS shows 77W daily after 01-Mar-08. However, the seatmap shows 77W on Mon/Thu/Sat only.

Comment

Couldn't get SQ28 of the 77W in Jan but my flight in April still shows SQ27 on the 77W...

Comment

So is SQ suspending LAX 77W service in Jan/Feb and reinstating it in March?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              So is SQ suspending LAX 77W service in Jan/Feb and reinstating it in March?
              That's what the GDS shows. Me think the 77W is pulled to start daily service to MXP on 13-Jan-08. The re-introduction of 77W service in March hinges on timely delivery of new 77Ws so it may or may not happen.
              Last edited by TerryK; 14 November 2007, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I am planning a trip to LAX in Mar/Apr and Aug and would like to fly on the 77W on at least one of the ways on each trip. Seems like it is a gamble now.

Comment

I was able to speak to a knowledge SQ phone agent today, a rare event nowadays.

SQ27/28 is being cancelled on Mon/Thu/Sat from 13-Jan-08 thru the end of Jan. Those were the days when it was supposed to be operated by 77W. It will operate on Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun with 772 only.

For February, SQ27/28 will operate on Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun with 772 only. No flights on Mon/Thu.

Starting March, SQ27/28 will operate on Mon/Wed/Thu/Sat with 77W, Tue/Fri/Sun with 772. The agent cautioned that March schedule is tentative and may change later.

This is rather disappointing. SQ27/28 is supposed to be upgraded to 77W daily. Now it is 772 4 times a week only. What is going on with SQ? Is the load very poor?
                  Last edited by TerryK; 15 November 2007, 01:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Do you mean SQ28/27 will go from a daily flight to 4x weekly?

I don't get it. That flight is often very packed from the 10 or so times I've flown that route

Comment

Thanks for the update, TerryK.

Comment

TerryK, the suspected conclusion is confirmed. LAX is giving way to MXPBCN (are yields on that route that superlative?!).

However, the B77W is daily from 01 March, as you said, tentatively, on SQ28.

Comment

Maybe because SQ already have 2 daily flights there, and are refitting the A345s, so no need that much premium class there?

Comment

B77W is daily from 29 Mar 08, not 01 Mar 08. It makes more sense to send the bird daily to MXP/BCN since the flight is always full, and I presume it is quite difficult for the agents to sell 3-class on certain days but 2-class on other days. But wonder why they downgraded SQ28 to 5x weekly in Feb 08 when the demand is sky-high during the Chinese New Year period???

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon View Post
                              wonder why they downgraded SQ28 to 5x weekly in Feb 08 when the demand is sky-high during the Chinese New Year period???
                              SQ have a major capacity shortage right now due to the WhaleJet delays.

Comment

Working...
                              X