SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    There still doesn't seem any dates for J or F redemptions on SQ11... even 330 days out
    It's WIDE OPEN on DL.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Well, ANA doesn't show anything! And DL-only redemptions is not really a solution for a KF/BD-wielding accountholder like me!

Comment

• interesting... both my flight in July/Sept are F saver redemtion... i guess i got lucky

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          It's WIDE OPEN on DL.
          Yep!

Thankfully ANA never really corresponded with Delta's availability as DL's was usually better.

I had no trouble booking a LAX-NRT, NRT-SIN, SIN-LAX trip in F this weekend for travel in March.

Unfortunately it all goes away in less than 2 weeks. Maybe then availability will improve for KF/BD.

Comment

Well, ANA doesn't show anything! And DL-only redemptions is not really a solution for a KF/BD-wielding accountholder like me!
            NH has nothing to do with DL.

That's just a damn shame, Kyo+!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Well, ANA doesn't show anything! And DL-only redemptions is not really a solution for a KF/BD-wielding accountholder like me!
              So KF and *A look after their own .

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                Saw 9V-SPH in an all white livery at the hangar a few days ago.
                9V-SPH now re-registered EC-LGL with Pullmantur Air.............

Comment

• Saw a Pullmantur Air 747 in Hangar 1 some days ago. Must be ex-9V-SPH

Comment

• I wonder which 747 is next..anyone has any ideas....?

Comment

• Do you think they will ever look at the 747-800 or are the days of the 747 truly numbered? Have they been replaced with the A380?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        Do you think they will ever look at the 747-800 or are the days of the 747 truly numbered?
                        I was keeping my fingers crossed for that, but I think SQ's 747 run will end when the last 747-400 is withdrawn. I think the chances of SQ ordering 747-8I are less than the chances of Axl & Slash performing together again with G n' R, which is also highly unlikely.

Comment

• Do you think they will replace 747-412F?

Comment

• Do you think they will replace 747-412F?
                            I think that's the only possibility left for us to see a B748 in SQ's colours. Although i don't see it happening anytime soon.

Comment

• Will Singapore Airlines ever have a 747-400 preserved like Qantas has in Longreach? 9V-SMU would be nice to have preserved as piece of history for both Singapore Airlines and Boeing.

Comment

• Will Singapore Airlines ever have a 747-400 preserved like Qantas has in Longreach? 9V-SMU would be nice to have preserved as piece of history for both Singapore Airlines and Boeing.
                                You have a better luck of SQ buying a B748 than doing that. The current management, even in good times, was a very pragmatic and financial driven one leaving no room for feelings, loyalties or memories. And with times bad as now, the question is a no-brainer. If you were to propose such an idea to them, they'll start fretting and mulling over the costs of parking a 744 on a long term, not to mention find a spot in the first place. Maintaining it too.

What I do hope, but know there's no chance of it happening, is for SQ to repaint one of their last 744s to the vintage 80s paint scheme and fly it around for a year or so, reminding everyone of its link to the carriers inception. Similiar to what TG did on its 744.

On a longer term, I do hope that the Ministry of Transport steps in and considers opening a full scale civil aviation museum to remind everyone of Singapore and SQ's meteoric rise to the top in the aviation field. Similiar to the Air Force museum. Then they could have these aircrafts as exhibits. I'm pretty sure I saw some old SQ or MSA DC-8s parked somewhere in SG. I'm sure there will be a demand for it, especially from overseas considering their love affair with SQ. After all, there's a land transport museum and used to be a maritime museum, but no civil aviation museum.

Comment

Working...
                                X