SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27th feb 2010 sq 11. haha kool kool.

I be departing to los angeles march 10th. SQ 12 of coz. I tried pricing out CX...... they are charging me 16k first class from jakarta to los angeles and back... it is extremely crazy so sq it is just bought the ticket. F class is about close to 10k like 9780 USD. Not bad...!!!!

well we be sticking to 747 for A LONG LONG TIME for sq 11 and 12 i guess load must be to full to and loaded to switch to a 773 ER

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
      .....so sq it is just bought the ticket. F class is about close to 10k like 9780 USD. Not bad...!!!!....
      Does SQ sell consolidator fares in F ex-CGK? Published SQ F fare for CGK-LAX-CGK is $11000+.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Does SQ sell consolidator fares in F ex-CGK? Published SQ F fare for CGK-LAX-CGK is $11000+.
        SQ website is showing USD 9,537 (including taxes) for F CGK-LAX-CGK at the moment.

Comment

• just paid 9830 from travel agents 2 stops in singapore going and coming back. all the way first class

Comment

• Any updates on SQ 747 withdrawal? Been some time since we last visited this topic. Last I heard 9V-SPH was leaving. Has it left the fleet yet? Also heard that few cargo aircraft were sold off too. Any idea which ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by CRJ View Post
              Any updates on SQ 747 withdrawal? Been some time since we last visited this topic. Last I heard 9V-SPH was leaving. Has it left the fleet yet? Also heard that few cargo aircraft were sold off too. Any idea which ones?
              9V-SPH is set aside: it hasn't flown for SQ in quite a while, but I haven't seen anything specific concerning its disposition.

9V-SFA is stored at VCV; 9V-SFB is going to Evergreen as N491EV. 9V-SFL is back in service (was stored at VCV).

Comment

• Saw 9V-SPH in an all white livery at the hangar a few days ago.

Comment

Any updates on SQ 747 withdrawal? Been some time since we last visited this topic. Last I heard 9V-SPH was leaving. Has it left the fleet yet? Also heard that few cargo aircraft were sold off too. Any idea which ones?
                  In a report entitled 'Fewer grounded aircraft as business takes off' in yesterday's Straits Times, SQ spokesman, Nicholas Ionides, said there are no plans to put the 2 stored 747s back in service and SQ intends to phase out the remaining 7 in the fleet by 2011.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_513519.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                    9V-SFA is stored at VCV; 9V-SFB is going to Evergreen as N491EV. 9V-SFL is back in service (was stored at VCV).
                    Saw 9V-SFA in all white livery departing Changi 02L today afternoon for a functional check flight. And it did an extremely short takeoff!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ111 View Post
                      Saw 9V-SFA in all white livery departing Changi 02L today afternoon for a functional check flight. And it did an extremely short takeoff!
                      hi peeps im back again..
                      tats right wif SFB going to evergreen. while SFA has oriedy FCF, a few more days before the end of the de-lease check wif the lessor and the lessee in the hangar. yes SPH deleased too... sadly.. haahaaaa
                      life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
                        hi peeps im back again..
                        tats right wif SFB going to evergreen. while SFA has oriedy FCF, a few more days before the end of the de-lease check wif the lessor and the lessee in the hangar. yes SPH deleased too... sadly.. haahaaaa
                        Thank you for the update lame38.5.

Comment

• SIA Cargo should really re-paint their B747-400F. I have seen so many of them very run down. Paint peeling off, faded livery, corrosive fluid peels and to top it off the livery is that of the old SQ and not the new enlarged characters. They look so filthy outside I can't imagine how filthy they are on the inside. Yukk!

Comment

• And who should pay for this?

I can see SQ asking their clients - we can repaint and better maintain the visual appearance of our cargo planes by increasing your freight charges by $x - or we can just fly them with just regular maintenance and forget about their appearance. Can you guess the answer?

Comment

• Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                              And who should pay for this?

I can see SQ asking their clients - we can repaint and better maintain the visual appearance of our cargo planes by increasing your freight charges by $x - or we can just fly them with just regular maintenance and forget about their appearance. Can you guess the answer?
                              If everyone thinks this way then SIA themselves should not maintain the appearance and make the cost per seat cheaper. That way the aircraft looks like crap and the seats are cheaper. It ruins the SIA image. So yeah. Go ahead and forget about the visual appearance and make everything cheaper. Better still, cut back on the maintenance! Seats become even cheaper..LOL!!

Comment

If everyone thinks this way then SIA themselves should not maintain the appearance and make the cost per seat cheaper. That way the aircraft looks like crap and the seats are cheaper. It ruins the SIA image. So yeah. Go ahead and forget about the visual appearance and make everything cheaper. Better still, cut back on the maintenance! Seats become even cheaper..LOL!!
                                you talking about SIA cargo, who cares about the appearance?

Comment

Working...
                                X