No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the last B744 that SQ withdrew was -SMP in May and it's presently undergoing BCF conversion destined for Dragonair Cargo, but do they have any plans in the near future to withdraw any more Megatops?
    No, 9V-SMV was the most recent SQ 744 retirement back in June. See the first post.

They seemed to withdraw a heap in quick succession, but even with the recent 773W's delivered withdrawals appear to of stopped.
    Remember, not all of the 77Ws are taking over 744 routes but also selected 772ER routes. And at the end of the year a 77W will take over a 772/773 route (SQ217/218).

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
      I'm a member of Wikipedia, but I don't update this page much as I don't have the time to record such stuff (and to go spotting weekly). Yes, I do plane spotting but only occasionally.
      Hoh me too, and while I started that article, there has been a group of silent warriors helping to keep it updated. Many thanks to all contributors if you happen to be reading this. If it stayed stagnant, I bet the page would have been deleted long ago.
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Call me old fashioned, but a big dream i have is to fly F on the skysuite rather than the 77W. Maybe because i have always seen it in front of J and grown up wanting to fly on it or just that is THE Skysuite.

I just hope i have enough time before they take it away forever...

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
          Call me old fashioned, but a big dream i have is to fly F on the skysuite rather than the 77W. Maybe because i have always seen it in front of J and grown up wanting to fly on it or just that is THE Skysuite.

I just hope i have enough time before they take it away forever...
          With you there 100% token

Comment

Evidently 9V-SMP has recently completed its conversion to BCF and will soon be ferried to HKG for delivery to KA.

Comment

Originally posted by RJA View Post
              Evidently 9V-SMP has recently completed its conversion to BCF and will soon be ferried to HKG for delivery to KA.
              That's out and about in full Dragonair Cargo livery according to 9V.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                That's out and about in full Dragonair Cargo livery according to 9V.
                Well not all of us are members of 9V, and not all of us can seem to get their accounts activated for some strange reason despite receiving an email saying otherwise.

Comment

I'd have to agree, 3 times I've registered!

Comment

9V-SMP was ferried to HKG on Sep 11 as SQ788, I guess it was re-registered shortly after delivery to Dragonair Cargo. There's even a pic of it this time! http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1265353/L/

B-KAI (4th 744BCF for KA) is supposedly due to enter service some time in late-2007 (NOV?), any ideas as to which ex SQ will fill the role?

9V-SMY hasn't recorded any activity since August 22nd so I wonder if it is being retired or is merely undergoing maintenance. VT-AIF (ex 9V-SMF) still appears to be active with AI, however VT-AIE (ex 9V-SMG) has not so I wonder if it has been returned. So I wonder if this or perhaps 9V-SMY will become B-KAI although I'm a bit skeptical about the latter as I don't think one can carry out BCF conversions that quickly. And if VT-AIE/9V-SMG will become B-KAI and 9V-SMY is in fact being retired, I wonder where 9V-SMY will go, perhaps the 5th and final 744BCF for KA. Time will tell I suppose.

If someone could help me out and clarify it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
                    Last edited by RJA; 14 September 2007, 06:48 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

I flew on SMY MEL-SIN last year! So sad to see it go.

Comment

hi guys... regarding ** enquiries about SMY and all tat... i can check it out for u. bcuz im working on this kind of planes... i'll reply when im free off work.
                        life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

hm... SMY is still flying, registered as 9v-SMY..

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

I see, so what's the story with SMY? It hasn't registered any activity in well over a month and there are no recent photos of it either. Perhaps it will keep its rego right up until it's accepted to the next operator (my guess is on KA as B-KAJ?), much like SMM and SMP did.

And does anyone know what's the story with 9V-SPS/9M-MPC, when is that meant to be delivered?

Comment

not sure why the 2nd plane have not been delivered... maybe bcuz SPR is hard to maintain tats why SPS was nvr delivered n converted.

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

Any more retirements immanent or will the fleet remain at 95 through the end of the year?

Comment

Working...
                                X