No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have tidied this thread up a bit and moved the posts not relevant to 744 withdrawals to their own thread.

It would be greatly appreciated if we could keep this thread to the topic of 744 withdrawals. There are plenty of others for all the other stuff.

Cheers.

Comment

• According to ACARS, SPO has been inactive for about a week. Is this the next Jumbo to be withdrawn?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
        According to ACARS, SPO has been inactive for about a week. Is this the next Jumbo to be withdrawn?
        The most recent ACARS data I see for 9V-SPO is 25 June flying SQ228 MEL-SIN. I wouldn't read anything into that. The most recent ACARS data for 9V-SYB is 29 May, for 9V-SYD in February (I lost track of the day), for 9V-SQB 15 March, for 9V-SQN 19 June, and for 9V-SVC 4 May.

Comment

According to ACARS, SPO has been inactive for about a week. Is this the next Jumbo to be withdrawn?
          9V-SPO is operating SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN today (3 July, USA time).......

Comment

SPA's status is listed as being stored. Wonder if she is headed towards Victorville.
            9V-SPA has been flying regularly the past month. According to ACARS database, she last flew on 3 July as SQ25 (JFK-FRA-SIN)

Comment

• singaporeair.com has the 744 fleet count reduced from 10 to 9 following the sq231-232 downgauging. Any ideas which one was withdrawn? I was guessing SPG.

Comment

• SPG's last recorded flight on ACARS was 28 June on SQ25.

Comment

singaporeair.com has the 744 fleet count reduced from 10 to 9 following the sq231-232 downgauging. Any ideas which one was withdrawn? I was guessing SPG.
                  If we go by the accuracy of the ACARS database, of the 10 remaining 744s, 9V-SPG would mostly likely to be the latest to be withdrawn. It last flew on 28 June. 9V-SPP last flew on 29 June, while the remaining 744s had recorded flights on 3 or 4 July. 9V-SPM flew to VCV on 9 April.

So, Sumitsan, your guess could be correct after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterblack View Post
                    SPE will be back in service soon
                    ACARS says 9V-SPE operated SQ227 SIN-MEL 5 July..........

duh.....

Comment

• Where can you go to tell the ages of the 747's in SQ's fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                        Where can you go to tell the ages of the 747's in SQ's fleet?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines_fleet

at the bottom, it shown the date of first flight

Comment

• Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines_fleet

at the bottom, it shown the date of first flight
                          Thanks Mhadian

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            ACARS says 9V-SPE operated SQ227 SIN-MEL 5 July..........

duh.....
                            Wow, didn't see that coming. I would've guessed that with the recent downgauging of one the SYD flights, SQ would've withdrawn one (maybe 2 jumbos), hence SPG. But they surprised me by bringing back a grounded Jumbo which I thought had already received a D-check. Unless one of the flights are being upgauged for a temporary period.

Comment

I would've guessed that with the recent downgauging of one the SYD flights, SQ would've withdrawn one (maybe 2 jumbos), hence SPG.
                              Downgauging one SYD flight means that exactly one fewer JumboJet is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                Downgauging one SYD flight means that exactly one fewer JumboJet is needed.
                                Exactly... which is why I'm surprised that SPE was brought back (unless ACARS is inaccurate here). I'm guessing SPG is withdrawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X