No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPA was put back into svc due to SPG being inop in SYD since 22MAY.

Comment

• What happened to SPG?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
        What happened to SPG?
        9V-SPG seems to have gone tech at SYD.

Comment

• Forgive me if this question has already been addressed,
          but to which cities does the 747 fly at the current time besides:

JFK-FRA-SIN
          LAX-NRT-SIN
          MEL

???
          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
            Forgive me if this question has already been addressed,
            but to which cities does the 747 fly at the current time besides:

JFK-FRA-SIN
            LAX-NRT-SIN
            MEL

???
            Thanks!
            SYD. They have 2 flights (sq219/220 & sq231/232) which be changed to one flight soon (sq219/220). That one flight will be till Oct 4/5, and then it will be 773.

Comment

• SPG has gone tech twice so far in the last 14 days!

14MAY SQ231 SIN-SYD (Crew Oxygen Sys MF) - Acft rtn to SIN
              22MAY SQ219 SIN-SYD (???) - Acft still in SYD

Comment

• 9V-SPG is more than 13 years old and sometimes such faults befall aircraft of this age. It's one of the reasons why SQ normally sell their aircraft at about 12 years old. I might be willing to guess that 9V-SPG is about due for her second D check.

Comment

• SPG's exterior has been looking worn down and dirty since April. I suspect she will be out of SQ pax service soon.

Comment

• I'll be going to the EU later this year. Thought of flying in through Frankfurt so I could try the 747 F before they phase it out. I'd love to be in seat 1B.

Comment

• SPG had a ground service truck knocked into its front cargo hold door, and is now beig repaired and be flying back soon. Hence SPA was called back into active serive in the interim.

Comment

• SPG was ferried back to SIN yesterday as SQ220F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          SPG was ferried back to SIN yesterday as SQ220F.
                          It's good to have a spare again. However, SQ now have one spare JumboJet and one spare WhaleJet. I would think that one of either might be good enough to cover for both subfleets.

Comment

• With all the new A380's arriving into SQ's fleet, does anyone know if any more of the 744's have been retired?

Also, no one here on SQTalk can seem to confirm the report that all 744's will be gone by November, plenty of talk but no proof?

SQ238.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                              With all the new A380's arriving into SQ's fleet, does anyone know if any more of the 744's have been retired?

Also, no one here on SQTalk can seem to confirm the report that all 744's will be gone by November, plenty of talk but no proof?
                              Ten of the JumboJets have been in the rotation within the last four days. One of the SYD flights should be downgauged to the 777-300ER next week, about the time SQ will take delivery of 9V-SKI.

9V-SKJ should be entering service about the end of July or beginning of August. 9V-SKK should be entering service in January. That's it for new WhaleJets in this fiscal year and it was announced in April with the annual financial reports that all the JumboJets will be gone by the end of the fiscal year (31 March 2010).

The expectation has been that the rest would be replaced by 777-300ERs which in turn would be replaced by reconfigured 777-300s. It was announced internally that the 777-300s would begin reconfiguration in February. That seems not to have happened. It is speculated/rumoured that SQ decided at the last minute on a 2-class rather than a 3-class configuration for the 777-300s.

If the reconfiguration of the 777-300s got pushed back, as seems to be the case, then it is almost certain that retirement of the last JumboJets would have been pushed back too.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                Ten of the JumboJets have been in the rotation within the last four days. One of the SYD flights should be downgauged to the 777-300ER next week, about the time SQ will take delivery of 9V-SKI.

9V-SKJ should be entering service about the end of July or beginning of August. 9V-SKK should be entering service in January. That's it for new WhaleJets in this fiscal year and it was announced in April with the annual financial reports that all the JumboJets will be gone by the end of the fiscal year (31 March 2010).

The expectation has been that the rest would be replaced by 777-300ERs which in turn would be replaced by reconfigured 777-300s. It was announced internally that the 777-300s would begin reconfiguration in February. That seems not to have happened. It is speculated/rumoured that SQ decided at the last minute on a 2-class rather than a 3-class configuration for the 777-300s.

If the reconfiguration of the 777-300s got pushed back, as seems to be the case, then it is almost certain that retirement of the last JumboJets would have been pushed back too.

Thanks again zvezda,

I hadn't taken into consideration the slowness of the refurbished 773's.

SQ238.

Comment

Working...
                                X