No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if SQ11 is losing its 744 earlier than anticipated? My aeroplan booking to BKK in September included SQ11 from LAX-NRT with a Raffles seat upstairs. Then I got a call from aeroplan saying that my seat is temporarily downgraded to Economy, but will be put back to Raffles after SQ confirms and completes the aircraft change, and they're unsure which a/c type it'll be. Anyone heard any news regarding this?

My SQ12 on the way back is still a 744 according to them. Weird!!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
      Does anyone know if SQ11 is losing its 744 earlier than anticipated? My aeroplan booking to BKK in September included SQ11 from LAX-NRT with a Raffles seat upstairs. Then I got a call from aeroplan saying that my seat is temporarily downgraded to Economy, but will be put back to Raffles after SQ confirms and completes the aircraft change, and they're unsure which a/c type it'll be. Anyone heard any news regarding this?

My SQ12 on the way back is still a 744 according to them. Weird!!?!

Accordng to SIA Cargo SQ11 shows up as a 744 up until 24th October.

I take it the SIA Cargo site is updated regularly and is a fairly reliable guide, anyone have any views on whether my thoughts are correct? It does show the change for SQ219 later in the year to a 77A.

SQ238
      Last edited by SQ238; 12 May 2009, 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
        Accordng to SIA Cargo SQ11 shows up as a 744 up until 24th October.

I take it the SIA Cargo site is updated regularly and is a fairly reliable guide, anyone have any views on whether my thoughts are correct? It does show the change for SQ219 later in the year to a 77A.

SQ238
        Yes but all the timetables end on 24th October, anyway, so I don't think it's telling us anything (yet).

Comment

• I just made a booking for September and it shows 747-400 for SQ11 and SQ12. I prefer if its the 747-400 to be frank... Skysuites over the new F!

Comment

• Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
            I just made a booking for September and it shows 747-400 for SQ11 and SQ12. I prefer if its the 747-400 to be frank... Skysuites over the new F!
            April 6th 2010 still shows as 744 however SQ can change this anytime. I would agree with you, personally I would also prefer a 744 skysuite anytime over the new F.

Comment

• I hear what people are saying about the new F being a bit less comfy... but I have to say that the skysuite cabin is so completely dreary and dated, with those ugly TVs standing awkwardly about as if auditioning for some low budget BBC scifi set....

Comment

• Well all they need to do with those stupid new F sits is use a thicker and mroe comfy padding when turning it into a bed!!!!

I hope they change it to 773. Just because the 747 Sky suites are old. Why sq WHY are you not taking in the 747-800I that would be gorgeous!

Comment

• Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                  Well all they need to do with those stupid new F sits is use a thicker and mroe comfy padding when turning it into a bed!!!!

I hope they change it to 773. Just because the 747 Sky suites are old. Why sq WHY are you not taking in the 747-800I that would be gorgeous!
                  I wouldn't say they were stupid.

Comment

Why sq WHY are you not taking in the 747-800I that would be gorgeous!
                    SQ ordered 10 WhaleJets in 2001, long before Boeing launched the 747-8I. When SQ ordered their second tranche of 9 more WhaleJets, fleet commonality was an issue, and SQ wanted delivery before the 747-8I would have been available.

Comment

• Ok the new F sits are not stupid just not as comfortable. Padding is kinda thin and its hard. Hopefully when doing the bed the use a new pad so it would be much softer.

Also I do hope sq do take in the 747-800 its a beautiful plane. Plus might be better for sq, lower operating cost, not as big as 380 so less seats to fill up seems like a deal to me.!

Comment

Also I do hope sq do take in the 747-800 its a beautiful plane. Plus might be better for sq, lower operating cost, not as big as 380 so less seats to fill up seems like a deal to me.!
                        We'll see how the operating economics compare when both are in service with Lufthansa. The 747-8I has an advantage in structural efficiency (measured as OEW per passenger) and, for now at least, in propulsion efficiency (measured as SFC). The WhaleJet has a large advantage in aerodynamic efficiency (measured as L/D). Lufthansa are currently estimating that the WhaleJet will offer lower CASM than the 747-8I, but of course the latter offers higher RASM due to fewer seats.

Comment

• When is MEL replacing the 744 for SQ227? Is it in Oct when the last of the first tranche of Whale Jets come in?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                            When is MEL replacing the 744 for SQ227? Is it in Oct when the last of the first tranche of Whale Jets come in?
                            Since SQ will be retiring their last passenger JumboJet in October, it won't be later than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              Since SQ will be retiring their last passenger JumboJet in October, it won't be later than that.
                              So it's officially October now?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                                So it's officially October now?
                                SQ announced that they would all be gone by October.

Comment

Working...
                                X