Clear All

• Because I'd like them to.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
      Because I'd like them to.
      I am skeptical.

Comment

• What if I write a really nice letter?

But seriously, isn't it possible that they are putting 747 on SQ1/2 as demand rises, and at the same time, SQ11/12 could still be seeing low capacity so it gets a 777 ?

Anyway, I've been warned before to not mention any other AC than a 747 on this thread. So that's that!

Comment

• The withdrawal is happening as planned. But there may be a switch of equipment used for SQ1/2. Yes, yields might be the main reason. Presently SQ1/2 using 77W are solidly booked, while SQ11/12 have lighter load. It's not feasible at the moment to change SQ1/2 into A380 for several reasons (sorry this old man can't remember everything... ) Thus, by using 744 for SQ1/2, the loads and yields should reach a better optimum level. And having 77W for SQ11/12, it would optimize the usage for this particular route.
          But remember, SQ decision makers always have different views and opinions. Lets wait and see.

Comment

• From my experience of SQ11/12, SQ11 has been 65-70% full in Y on LAX-NRT sector, with seats next to you being empty, but on NRT-SIN, the loads were generally better. On SQ12, however, the loads on my flights are always full, even recently, with few op-ups due to overbooking. SQ1/2 had been 60-65% full when 744s were on that route, so as much as I'd like the idea, I doubt that route will see a 744 again, but it's possible. Either way, word is 77Ws freed from ZRH will replace 744s on SQ11/12. I think by Feb, SQ could be down to 4 744s in their fleet with SYD finally getting dwngauged permanently. Once SQ makes a decision about the FRA-JFK sector, the last of the jumbos will leave, which could be by March 2010 as previously planned.

Comment

• I fly SQ 12 SIN-LAX on Oct 19th, and was surprised to find F full out of SIN and 8 of from NRT-LAX. Didn't look or ask about the loads in the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                The withdrawal is happening as planned. But there may be a switch of equipment used for SQ1/2. Yes, yields might be the main reason. Presently SQ1/2 using 77W are solidly booked, while SQ11/12 have lighter load. It's not feasible at the moment to change SQ1/2 into A380 for several reasons (sorry this old man can't remember everything... ) Thus, by using 744 for SQ1/2, the loads and yields should reach a better optimum level. And having 77W for SQ11/12, it would optimize the usage for this particular route.
                But remember, SQ decision makers always have different views and opinions. Lets wait and see.
                Totally agreed with SQ LPP, when I recently from 744 on SQ12 / 11 in Sep & Oct, pictures below, IFS, other cabin crew, cockpit crew, all were talking about SQ2 / 1 will probably switch back to 744, mainly due to high demand on Economy Class, remember 77W Y Class only starts from door 3 onward, unlike 744 from door 2 onward...but who knows what SQ management think...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                  (re - your pictures above)
                  A truly magnificent beast. In a different league from 777. If only they would retrofit the interior, I would be forever smitten.
                  Last edited by maxmin; 12 November 2009, 02:15 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Refitting the interior doesn't make the plane quieter, more fuel efficient, and less costly to fly, which are important drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                      Refitting the interior doesn't make the plane quieter, more fuel efficient, and less costly to fly, which are important drivers.
                      It can, if the refit saves weight.

Comment

• Would anyone have any idea which unit/s would probably be the last one/s to be retired? 9V-SPP and ~SPQ? They seem to be the youngest ones?

Comment

• switching SQ1/2 back to a 747 would not be good for SIA, why upgrade to a new aircraft with new interiors and then downgrading it back to what they used to have (b747). Its like letting a kid lick a lolly pop but not actually giving it to them to finish.

Comment

• its more bec of load factor and capacity of the aircraft - as there were some time esp the last year or so when capacity drops that a 77W with 270 seats will do, then when it picks up - the 77W is not able to take on more pax - hence back to the 744 with its 380 seats which is more ideal - and the A380 is too big with its 480 seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                              - hence back to the 744 with its 380 seats which is more ideal - and the A380 is too big with its 480 seats.

i dont think SIA will be fitting the 747 with the new cabin interiors

Comment

• It's OK, of course I know they are not planning to refit, it's just my wishful thinking!

Comment

Working...
                                X