SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    I guess the next 747s will go once the A380 to Paris frees up a couple of 77Ws...
    Refitted 777-300s will also soon start freeing up 777-300ERs to replace JumboJets.

Comment

• I flew SPO back from SYD-SIN on Sunday, so I guess that one's still going strong...

Comment

• SQ220 on 13/4 was op by SPQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
          Whilst at Changi today I saw some 747s with the basic colour schemes - didn't notice the reg though
          Yeah, I noticed that too on April 13. I saw just one in the morning with the blue tail and no bird logo. It was parked next to a Silkair a/c. A little unrelated here, but also saw a 777 in that state too on April 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
            Yeah, I noticed that too on April 13. I saw just one in the morning with the blue tail and no bird logo. It was parked next to a Silkair a/c. A little unrelated here, but also saw a 777 in that state too on April 17.
            That'd be SQB

Comment

• Originally posted by peterblack View Post
              SPA will proba be sold
              I take it as SQ Cargo has changed its mind in taking SPA as a BCF.

Comment

• Do you think SQ will do something like this for their 747 when it flies for the last time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshHxLzbCCg

Personally, I'm not holding my breath... unless the current management gets booted out But I could hope, couldn't I?

The "Last to fly" group (I've seen lots of "First to fly" groups but never a "Last to fly" group... ) even got a piece of engine blade each as memento!!!

Comment

• Saw SPE yesterday at Stand 206 at WSSS, no titles, blue tail. Where's she going?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Saw SPE yesterday at Stand 206 at WSSS, no titles, blue tail. Where's she going?
                    Victorville iirc

Comment

• Is this the same dangerous Victorville in California:

"George AFB: The site of the former George Air Force Base is located in Victorville, CA, between US-395 and I-15. This area has been used to store airliners, especially MD-11's that are awaiting conversion to be air freighters. Note that this area is full of abandoned housing that is host to squatters, gangs, and other marginal people. It is extremely dangerous, and you should not visit this area unless you are prepared to handle these kinds of people. "

Comment

• http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/
                        SIA's final Sydney 747-400 flight planned in Oct 09

As per Sabre timetable display, as well as the airline's inventory system, Singapore Airlines' Singapore - Sydney final Boeing 747-400 service is planned for 05OCT09.

Final 747 flight on the Singapore to Sydney is SQ219 on 04OCT09, returning from Sydney the following day on SQ220

SQ219/220 is to be replaced by Boeing 777-300, with existing configuration.
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• If SIN-SYD won't support a second WhaleJet, then it's difficult to imagine where SQ can fly them upon delivery of 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ later this year. I still think MEL is a likely new WhaleJet destination for SQ.

Comment

• When is the last 747-400 flight for SQ?

Comment

• sad day for SYD, i'll be on that last flight for 747-400

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                                It's disappointing that the 747 will be replaced by the "standard" 777-300 on the SQ220/219 route.

I hope this is just temporary until the reconfig/update birds come into service.
                                F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X