SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by philipat View Post
    Very nicely put and I completely agree. To repeat my earlier question, does anyone know who is buying the SQ 744's, not that I would expect the F seats to remain installed?
    As has been said many times over....they have all been sold to leasing companies, SQ is just leasing them now.

If you look on a site like speednews.com you'll see them listed there.

-SMU is the only B744 that SQ own themselves, although I'm not sure about the 744F's.

Comment

• 744Fs

5 - Owned
      4 - Finance Lease
      5 - Operating Lease

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
        As has been said many times over....they have all been sold to leasing companies, SQ is just leasing them now..
        I think they meant who will be receiving them when they leave SQ.

Originally posted by Tom/PER View Post
        -SMU is the only B744 that SQ own themselves, although I'm not sure about the 744F's.
        I was under the impression SPQ is also owned by SQ. I heard from someone who wrote in this thread that both SPQ and SMU are owened by SQ, and the rest are owned by foreign banks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          avezda posted that 744s should go away by 31-Mar-10. I see that as more credible. Someone even posted on TOF that SQ11/12 will be downgauged by next month.
          What is TOF ?

Comment

• the other forum (= flyertalk)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              the other forum (= flyertalk)
              Of course!

Comment

• Which was the last 744 to leave? I noticed that the fleet count dropped from 12 to 11 in past couple days.

Comment

• 9V-SPF

Comment

• Probably said upthread, but it breaks my heart to see Megatops sold off for cargo planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                      Probably said upthread, but it breaks my heart to see Megatops sold off for cargo planes.
                      I completely agree with you. 9V-SMG, the second Megatop I've ever been on, is now a BCF with Martinair Cargo, and 9V-SPA, another Megatop I travelled on a few months ago, is undergoing that conversion. At least SPA is staying with SQ Cargo from what I heard, but I find that very surprising since there was a decline in SQ Cargo as well.

Comment

• hi guys n ladies,

i've done some researched and actually, to some of u all may be disappointed bcuz... SMU is not owned by SIA -- it's leased. Fortunately several P-series belonged to SIA, for e.g SPQ. more than 5 of them i can confirm.
                        life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Any idea where SPF is going off ? Saw it decked out in all white at the freighter bay for inspection i suppose ?

Comment

• Does anyone know the status of SPA, i.e. is still under going conversion or is it in the air with SQ Cargo? And will it be sent off to another operator or SQ keeping it on a long term basis? I heard SQ gounded 1 744F over a month ago because of a lack in demand, so I'm surprised SQ will keep SPA as BCF for themselves.

Comment

• I assume that some pax 744s are in the 18 (am I correct?) aircraft SQ grounded. Anyone knows which are the aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                                I assume that some pax 744s are in the 18 (am I correct?) aircraft SQ grounded. Anyone knows which are the aircraft?
                                All the pax 744s.

Comment

Working...
                                X