X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seat Map

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...eck-4class.pdf

Comment

• serious? mount Elizabeth novena class a1 design....

10 years ago, the suite made a punch, many years ahead of their competitors, left many airlines aspiring to be even close and passengers waiting agonizingly. This time, barely punch above its weight if framed under a top class airlines. perhaps one will know the weight after he or she tried it. Then again, 10 years ago, without trying it has a reasonable doubt that it would be great. the difference between both is a marketing mishap.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        The Suites are more private than before: the walls are higher so people can't look into the Suite by walking by. Huge improvement.
        My bad, I didn't see the sliding doors. Overall, the pictures look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Looking at the seat map, there is no galley whatsoever to keep the PEY pax from going up to suites area.. I'm sure there will be some stray pax going up the stairs.

And another first world problem, SQ crews are known to clean up the toilet after each use. They do it seamlessly since the toilet entrance is around the galley area. with the new layout, i wonder if there will be 1 crew assigned to guard the stair and clean up the toilet?
          Last edited by frolic; 2 November 2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frolic View Post
            Looking at the seat map, there is no galley whatsoever to keep the PEY pax from going up to suites area.. I'm sure there will be some stray pax going up the stairs, i wonder how SQ will prevent this from happening..
            I guess just like they prevent J pax from walking down to suites in the current one, by putting a rope side to side

Comment

Looking at the seat map, there is no galley whatsoever to keep the PEY pax from going up to suites area.. I'm sure there will be some stray pax going up the stairs, i wonder how SQ will prevent this from happening..
              A 10 years old photo can tell

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147281850284699565/

Comment

• Given that i'll probably only ever fly SQ in Y from now on, i can't help but notice that the Y seats look a little less comfortable than the current iterations. I could be wrong of course; have not actually planted my butt in one. Anyone can provide feedback as to its comfort level?

Also, no sign of the regional J that's suppose to debut on the 787-10 and maybe regional A350?

Comment

Looking at the seat map, there is no galley whatsoever to keep the PEY pax from going up to suites area.. I'm sure there will be some stray pax going up the stairs.
                  Let me tell you that from 10 year's of experience with flying A380 aircraft, SQ didn't experience many problems with J passengers going down to Suites.

You can be sure that the pretty massive barriers will not invite PY pax to walk up to the Skyrooms...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                    It seems that the hole for the feet is still in an angle to the seat.
                    Yes, however, it seems to me that other than the first row, the other seats seems to be slightly angled (ie back of seat is perpendicular to direction of the hole) I hate to sit angled to the seat just to fit my feet in the hole. It will be better if the hole is directly in front of the seat (ie seat is angled with respect to the plane length). For example, BR's J seat are fine with the hole directly in front of the seat, but the entire seat is angled with respect the plane's length.

Editted: first row also seems to be slightly angled away from each other too.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                      Interesting to compare the number of seats:

1 SKC-K F12 J60 S36 Y333 = 441
                      2 SKC-K F12 J86 S36 Y245 = 379
                      3 SKU-Z F6 J78 S44 Y343 = 471

The new layout has exactly the same J+S seat total as an all-J upper deck, with even more Y seats than an upper-Y equipped version.

Comment

It seems that the hole for the feet is still in an angle to the seat.
                        Yup, my main gripe about the current seat (aside from bulkheads). I'm seeing some conflicting info on the seat pitch some showing 50" and some 55" (current 2013 J seat pitch) so taller folks may still "squish" their feet when going into a more reclined lounging position with the only choice is to stick the feet into the cubby hole which again creates an uncomfortable angle and twists the spine. The slight seat angling may help some, but to be seen. For sleeping I can probably live with it though more space for the feet would be nice of course.
                        Last edited by demue; 2 November 2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Bird's-eye view of the new Suites:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1377767

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                            Yup, my main gripe about the current seat (aside from bulkheads). I'm seeing some conflicting info on the seat pitch some showing 50" and some 55" (current 2013 J seat pitch) so taller folks may still "squish" their feet when going into a more reclined lounging position with the only choice is to stick the feet into the cubby hole which again creates an uncomfortable angle and twists the spine. The slight seat angling may help some, but to be seen. For sleeping I can probably live with it though more space for the feet would be nice of course.
                            I had no issue with that on the 2006 version, in the 2015 version they reduced the width already quite significantly and even that they added the lounging function, to my opinon the seat is more uncomfortable than the older version.

Now they choose to make the seat even more narrow, I think it would have been better to go for a staggered layout, so that they could put the foot hole directly in front of the seat.

Comment

I had no issue with that on the 2006 version, in the 2015 version they reduced the width already quite significantly and even that they added the lounging function, to my opinon the seat is more uncomfortable than the older version.

Now they choose to make the seat even more narrow, I think it would have been better to go for a staggered layout, so that they could put the foot hole directly in front of the seat.
                              Maybe I'm an "extreme lounger". I put the 2013 J seat as far into recline as it will go (would still like a bit more than it currently offers, but that's just me) and when in that position my feet get squished unless I'm in a bulkhead.

BTW, any word if there will be some sort of mattress pad or something to put on the leather surface of the J seat? Okay, heard there will be some sort of a mattress pad that can be put on the seat.

Overall to me it looks improved also with added privacy and all, but only a "b*tt in seat" test will be the true measure. BTW, the J seat designer as before is JPA and the manufacturer is JAMCO (from Japan).
                              Last edited by demue; 2 November 2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                                That works......except on my Windows Phone where SQ have NO app at all anymore, even for checking in.
                                Well look at that, I'm not the only one left in the world with a Windows phone . Actually on Windows Phone 10 the mobile web version of SQ is manageable with Edge browser, but as no one will care I stop here
                                Last edited by demue; 2 November 2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X