The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Does anyone else think 1A looks bigger? Curious if it'd be blocked off for HVCs or some type of 'premium first' fare.
    Yes, they are a little bit bigger to allow for some leg room when the seat is put in take-off position. There is also an additional screen in 1A and 1F.

No premium surcharge. Same like in Business Class today: some seats are better than others.

Comment

• How did they fit that many J-class seats in? E.g. now they have 1 row after the last set of doors (on the all J upper deck config) but the new map shows 2. Am I missing something here?
      Last edited by 259850; 1 November 2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
        How did they fit that many J-class seats in? E.g. now they have 1 row after the last set of doors (on the all J upper deck config) but the new map shows 2. Am I missing something here?
        Just compare the seatmaps and note where galleys and toilets were moved.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          Just compare the seatmaps and note where galleys and toilets were moved.
          Ah yes, makes sense now. Thanks.

Comment

• Not a happy bunny. I like dining looking out the window. It appears I will now be facing the aisle, possibly insight of my neighbour opposite, akin to an old people’s home.

Comment

• Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
              Not a happy bunny. I like dining looking out the window. It appears I will now be facing the aisle, possibly insight of my neighbour opposite, akin to an old people’s home.
              Look at Suite 2A on the seat map. You see the TV deployed and your table will align with that. You won't face the aisle but the corner of your room.

They fixed the issue of people looking into each other's suites by misaligning the cabins. You can note that the separation walls on the left are not aligned with those on the right.

Comment

• So based on the seatmap and as someone on A.Net pointed out:

6R 78J 44S 343Y

Total: 471 seats
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• So, now that we've seen the new JCL cabin, what does everyone expect from the new F ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    So, now that we've seen the new JCL cabin, what does everyone expect from the new F ?.

Comment

• What time is the SIA event today? Is any media doing a live update/coverage for the event?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcnkc View Post
                        What time is the SIA event today? Is any media doing a live update/coverage for the event?
                        0945 SIN Time. Not sure about live coverage tho

Comment

• Did anyone realise that SQ first leaked the new products months ago? The "Inside Singapore Airlines" documentary featured a short shot at the end, depicting the new Business Class seat map. I knew something was off when I first saw it, but it all makes sense now!

Fly well,
                          Travel safe,
                          And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Well, here it is!

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1377767

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                              Business Class seems to be an a further improvement from the 77WN as well.

Comment

• Thanks for the link! The colors are very surprising to me --- the new J looks like some of the concepts Boeing uses in interior videos for the 777X.

Comment

Working...
                                X