The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    Did anyone realise that SQ first leaked the new products months ago? The "Inside Singapore Airlines" documentary featured a short shot at the end, depicting the new Business Class seat map. I knew something was off when I first saw it, but it all makes sense now!
    Yes. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=20

Took my picture as well...

Comment

• From the new A380 microsite, description for the new Business Class reads "A seat that seamlessly reclines into a bed."

So I guess it's confirmed that it's now a conventional J seat. What happened to SQ's belief that a surface for sitting and a surface for sleeping are different, hence the need for a flip-down bed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        So I guess it's confirmed that it's now a conventional J seat. What happened to SQ's belief that a surface for sitting and a surface for sleeping are different, hence the need for a flip-down bed...

Maybe they do like the rest, with a mattress/topper. Nothing really new in it as far as I can see, just "enhanced".

Suites, sitting/sleeping sideways.....hmmm.

Y, full touchscreen IFE..... I know it reduces weight removing the controller and cabling but I hate the tap, tap, tap, push, nudge, push on the back of my head as somebody presses and presses too hard on the screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
          Y, full touchscreen IFE..... I know it reduces weight removing the controller and cabling but I hate the tap, tap, tap, push, nudge, push on the back of my head as somebody presses and presses too hard on the screen.
          Totally agree, although I admit that when I use the IFE in the 77WR or 359, I only use the handset occasionally.

Comment

• I feel a bit puzzled. They have so far updated the Premium Economy Seats on board the A350 and now they have changed back again on the A380?

Comment

• Could the head of the bed be adjusted??? Notice how the head of the bed is not flat in this picture--

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                I feel a bit puzzled. They have so far updated the Premium Economy Seats on board the A350 and now they have changed back again on the A380?
                I have tried both, the one on A380 is far more comfortable than those on A350...... especially with my big body size

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                  Maybe they do like the rest, with a mattress/topper. Nothing really new in it as far as I can see, just "enhanced".

Suites, sitting/sleeping sideways.....hmmm.

You can help them to download the SQ app onto their smartphone (need to buy the WiFi), and use it as a controller.

Comment

From the new A380 microsite, description for the new Business Class reads "A seat that seamlessly reclines into a bed."
                    If true, this is a big step forward. While the 2013 J product does significantly increase recline in ‘seat mode’, I personally prefer being able to switch between seated and flat positions with the push of a button.

On a related note, I am surprised we didn’t see anything related to the new regional cabin. Perhaps an indication we will see regional A350s only after the delivery of the 787-10’s, if at all.

Comment

From the new A380 microsite, description for the new Business Class reads "A seat that seamlessly reclines into a bed."

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1377767

from the photo posted here.
                      Nope, looks like it is the same as before, you have to stand up and have the bed flipped over. Just that this time it can be done electronically at the push of a button for that "seamlessly reclines into a bed" bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                        If true, this is a big step forward. While the 2013 J product does significantly increase recline in ‘seat mode’, I personally prefer being able to switch between seated and flat positions with the push of a button.
                        SQ quite liked the flip-over beds: they are lighter, easier to maintain and less prone to break. They are also cheaper. But aviation regulations don't really like the idea of people having to get up in case of an emergency and are not really in favor of flip-over beds anymore.

Comment

• It seems that the hole for the feet is still in an angle to the seat.

Comment

• I just had a look at the SQ A380 microsite and noticed PEY barely has a change from the current ones that are used on the 380 and 77WR. J class just by telling by the pictures looks a bit less wide than the 359 and 77WR, and same with Y class I suppose.

So as far as the Suites it doesn't look private anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              So as far as the Suites it doesn't look private anymore?
                              The Suites are more private than before: the walls are higher so people can't look into the Suite by walking by. Huge improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                                You can help them to download the SQ app onto their smartphone (need to buy the WiFi), and use it as a controller.

That works......except on my Windows Phone where SQ have NO app at all anymore, even for checking in.

Comment

Working...
                                X