X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
    It left at around 0730h in the end. There was a birdstrike during landing on its previous flight which damaged an engine.
    STD: 0030
    ATD: 0750

9V-SMA is operating the delayed SQ328|01SEP. Was it 9V-SMC that suffered the birdstrike (SQ633|31AUG)?

Possibly related to this delay, SQ856|01SEP is being operated by a B77W (9V-SWW) instead of the usual A359 and SQ211|01SEP is operated by a B773 (9V-SYF) instead of the usual 77W.

Leave a comment:

• Singapore_Air
    replied
    Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
    SQ 328 to MUC went technical. Flight delayed 1 hour 15 mins from 12.30 am to 1.45 am
    It left at around 0730h in the end. There was a birdstrike during landing on its previous flight which damaged an engine.

Leave a comment:

• PPSFlyer
    replied
    SQ 328 to MUC went technical. Flight delayed 1 hour 15 mins from 12.30 am to 1.45 am

Leave a comment:

• Dobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    FR24 shows that it made it to MAN but not IAH. I wonder how many A350's are in MAN due to Harvey at the present moment. My heart goes out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
    I think they are parking the aircraft for 24 hours (instead of flying MAN-IAH-MAN) and then flying back to SIN as scheduled.

Horrible situation.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
    IAH will likely be closed from 26-Aug to 31-Aug due to Harvey... Does it mean SQ will be parking their metal for 24-hrs at MAN before making the return journey back to SIN?

It is fortunate that SQ51 made it out of IAH on 25-Aug several hrs before Harvey's landfall.
    FR24 shows that it made it to MAN but not IAH. I wonder how many A350's are in MAN due to Harvey at the present moment. My heart goes out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    SQ346|30AUG to ZRH is delayed by 7 hours.

STD: 0125
    ATD: 0822

Probably the originally assigned 9V-SKL went technical. 9V-SKH (ex-SQ403) is operating the flight.

The return SQ345 (arriving SIN 31AUG) would be delayed as well.

STD: 1145
    PETD: 1600
    STA: 0555
    PETA: 1010

Leave a comment:

• vader
    replied
    Yup that is right, i was on the last flight 9v-smf that was cancelled from man-iah.

Was heading to Orlando sin-man-hou-mco, during SIN pre boarding I was calling up Sq contact centre and they said the flight was still on schedule, upon arrival in Manchester we were parked in a remote bay in MAN and I knew it something is off, then the accouncement that everyone was waiting for came through, MAN-IAH cancelled.

Thank god they rebooked me direct MAN-MCO on VS leaving 1 hour later, phew.

Apparently only 31 pax were going to IAH and all of us were rebooked to our final destination regardless of single or split different airline tickets.

Now the official news is that IAH will reopen on 31 August and I'm coming back 2 days later.. imagine the amount of overbooking and how they going to get the stranded crews back man

Leave a comment:

• kevin-sg
    replied
    IAH will likely be closed from 26-Aug to 31-Aug due to Harvey... Does it mean SQ will be parking their metal for 24-hrs at MAN before making the return journey back to SIN?

It is fortunate that SQ51 made it out of IAH on 25-Aug several hrs before Harvey's landfall.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    If you are travelling to Hong Kong via Singapore Airlines, or to Shenzhen via Silkair, or to Macau/Hong Kong/Shenzhen via Scoot tomorrow (23 Aug), then be prepared for major delays - Typhoon Hato is hitting the Pearl river delta region and flights may not be able to operate as normal.
    It seems that the morning and afternoon flights were affected which some managed to go at 1PM, others got delayed anywhere from 2 to several hours. Some SQ flights also got canceled. The only two SQ flights that managed to depart on time were SQ2 (9V-SNC) and SQ868 (9V-SQL) as per my observation.

Leave a comment:

• Metropolitan Airlines
    replied
    If you are travelling to Hong Kong via Singapore Airlines, or to Shenzhen via Silkair, or to Macau/Hong Kong/Shenzhen via Scoot tomorrow (23 Aug), then be prepared for major delays - Typhoon Hato is hitting the Pearl river delta region and flights may not be able to operate as normal.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    SQ217 also delayed approximately the same amount of time four days earlier.
    Yup but today's return flight departed/arrived on time. A few days ago, however, it arrived late into SIN.

Leave a comment:

• SQ228
    replied
    Originally posted by KFly View Post
    9V-SKI operating as SQ217 currently delayed due to a leak in one of the engines.

Update: 9V-SKC will now operate SQ217, new ETD 1300.

Overall SQ handled the delay pretty well. Passengers were kept informed. Ground and lounge staffs were mobilised and ready to assist. Expected nothing less when in home port.
    SQ217 also delayed approximately the same amount of time four days earlier.

Leave a comment:

• KFly
    replied
    9V-SKI operating as SQ217 currently delayed due to a leak in one of the engines.

Update: 9V-SKC will now operate SQ217, new ETD 1300.

Overall SQ handled the delay pretty well. Passengers were kept informed. Ground and lounge staffs were mobilised and ready to assist. Expected nothing less when in home port.
    Last edited by KFly; 13 August 2017, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    SQ806 to PEK, operated by 9V-SWU has made quite an unusual routing on yesterday afternoon's flight. It took off on time but diverted much further north to Seoul Incheon (ICN). After 3 hours the plane has taken off just now and expected to arrive around 4:30AM. ETA as 801 back to SIN is very late, only
    expected to arrive at around 11:45AM. Anyone know why?

Leave a comment:

• Ikarus2006
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    The A350s won't be in as good a condition as the current 77Ws are at the 10 year mark. Pretty easy to make that prediction already!
    In fairness, depends at what issues we are looking at. Both seats and Coffee machines are often from same suppliers on Airbus & Boeing (B/E, Zodiac, Iacobucci, etc...). It can be a different matter if we look at wings, landing gears etc.

As example, regarding the JCL seat, I recall encountering exactly the same table deployment issue on 77Ws, A380s and A345s, so what has been experienced on the A350 may happen as well on the 77WN.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X