Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    9V-SKR which was supposed to operate SQ321|07JUL (arriving SIN on 08JUL17) was AOG in LHR due to a hydraulic leak.

9V-SKL (SQ308|08JUL) turned around as SQ321D landing back in SIN at 1318LT today (09JUL17).

9V-SKR is back in service operating today's SQ321 with only a slight delay under 30 minutes.

--------------------------------

SQ25|07JUL (arriving SIN on 09JUL17) was delayed for close to 4 hours as a result of a late departure out of JFK.

STA: 0650
    ATA: 1042

Operated by 9V-SKT.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by Thommo79 View Post
    Hi,
    Was there any info on way 9V-SWQ aborted?
    Has it flown since?

My first post, be gentle!
    Not sure why it aborted take-off, but it was back in service by the next day operating SQ237 to MEL.

Leave a comment:

• Thommo79
    replied
    Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    This morning's SQ211|30JUN (SIN-SYD) operated by 9V-SWQ apparently rejected take-off from RWY20C. Now at stand 203.

Most, if not all arrivals/departures are being routed to RWY20R.
    Hi,
    Was there any info on way 9V-SWQ aborted?
    Has it flown since?

My first post, be gentle!

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    Seems like 9V-SWW will be taking over and passengers ferried to gate B10.

SQ211|30JUN
    STD: 0935
    ETD: 1230
    PETA: 2207

As I understand the curfew at SYD is in between 2300-0600. Hope they make it in time.
    Oh, so that explains why SYD doesn't have a redeye flight arriving into SIN at 5 or 6AM and SQ211 that lands in SYD has to stay overnight and turn back the next morning and arrive in the afternoon as SQ212.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    This morning's SQ211|30JUN (SIN-SYD) operated by 9V-SWQ apparently rejected take-off from RWY20C. Now at stand 203.
    Seems like 9V-SWW will be taking over and passengers ferried to gate B10.

SQ211|30JUN
    STD: 0935
    ETD: 1230
    PETA: 2207

As I understand the curfew at SYD is in between 2300-0600. Hope they make it in time.

Also SQ308|30JUN (9V-SKS) is running 2.5 hours late today.
    STD: 0900
    ATD: 1135

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied

Most, if not all arrivals/departures are being routed to RWY20R.

Leave a comment:

• cowie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    Then QF is an interline partner of SQ, which allows SQ to rebook its passengers onto QF during irregular operations. Passenger arrives at final destination sooner = passenger is less unhappy.
    When I was bumped off an overbooked flight by MH, which is a OneWorld member, MH looked at alternative routings via ANA and SQ (Star Alliance) but I eventually only KE (Skyteam) had seats available for us. As Jumbojet Lover alludes to, you get rebooked on any airline that interlines with the original carrier during IRROPs. Alliance doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbojet Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by Maverick8 View Post
    On SQ863 (a380) flight from Hk was delayed for 5 hours on 09/06 the delay was techical fault with flooring on 9V SKA A380. For some reason SQ routed passengers HKG to Mel via Qantas. Is this common? Since its not a Star Alliance partner
    Then QF is an interline partner of SQ, which allows SQ to rebook its passengers onto QF during irregular operations. Passenger arrives at final destination sooner = passenger is less unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick8
    replied
    On SQ863 (a380) flight from Hk was delayed for 5 hours on 09/06 the delay was techical fault with flooring on 9V SKA A380. For some reason SQ routed passengers HKG to Mel via Qantas. Is this common? Since its not a Star Alliance partner

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    SQ879|26JUN (TPE-SIN) operated by 9V-STC was delayed for over 7.5 hours due to a hydraulic fault.

Leave a comment:

• tth_ben
    replied
    The ones going to Shanghai today are not so lucky. Many flights are still on ground in SIN.

SQ826|24JUN
    STD: 0115
    ATD: 1349

SQ828|24JUN
    STD: 0805
    ETD: 2030

SQ830|24JUN
    STD: 0945
    ETD: 2100

SQ832|24JUN
    STD: 1245
    ETD: 2130

SQ836|24JUN
    STD: 1725
    CANCELLED

Shanghai flights in recent days and weeks have suffered a lot of delays due to ATC restrictions and adverse weather conditions.

China Eastern Airlines flights are not spared either.
    This may have also caused SQ866 on 24 Jun to have a last minute equipment change - went from 77WR to 77WN. Wonder what compensation was offered to the PY passengers...

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied
    Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    We had a day of delays but I had one question:

Do flights typically depart earlier than scheduled? Today's 828 (which is usually scheduled for 8AM) departed at 7:10AM. I remember one case of it departing 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I find it unusual, not as unusual as flights departing later.
    The flight was re-timed to STD: 07:05AM for today (26JUN17). It eventually departed at 07:35AM.

It is not very common for scheduled commercial passenger flights to depart (become airborne) earlier than Scheduled Time of Departure (STD). But not unusual they do depart (pushback from the gate) early since the target pushback time is usually based on the STD.

If all passengers have boarded in good time, say 15 minutes before STD, the pilot might request for an earlier Target Off-Block Time (TOBT).

So for a 0805 departure, the TOBT might be revised to 0755, so they can receive the clearance to push and start earlier. But even then by the time they taxi to the runway and finally take-off, it is usually past STD.

But I guess it is possible during the lull periods in Changi when there isn't much traffic or at airports where it is not busy.

Leave a comment:

• SQfanatic
    replied
    The ones going to Shanghai today are not so lucky. Many flights are still on ground in SIN.

SQ826|24JUN

SQ828|24JUN

SQ830|24JUN

SQ832|24JUN

SQ836|24JUN
    CANCELLED

Shanghai flights in recent days and weeks have suffered a lot of delays due to ATC restrictions and adverse weather conditions.

We had a day of delays but I had one question:

Do flights typically depart earlier than scheduled? Today's 828 (which is usually scheduled for 8AM) departed at 7:10AM. I remember one case of it departing 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I find it unusual, not as unusual as flights departing later.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-SPL
    replied

SQ826|24JUN

SQ828|24JUN

SQ830|24JUN

SQ832|24JUN

SQ836|24JUN
    CANCELLED

Leave a comment:

• PEK A380
    replied
    Currently on SQ802 to PEK.

Flight has been delayed for almost 1.5 hours due to aircraft swap this morning. Not sure what happened to the original a/c but the captain informed us of aircraft inservicability. The entire crew had to deplane and most of the passengers had to re-clear security due to the gate change (B2 -B7). Kilo Bravo was towed in and is flying us there instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X