No announcement yet.

New SIN-CBR-WLG Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point we are expecting a 9V-SQ* or SR* to fly the route but not SRJ or SRL.

Comment

Very excited to have just booked return flight from Rome to Singapore (stay overnight) then back to Canberra. No more having to fly into Sydney and staying there overnight and then another flight back to Canberra. Thanks SQ

Comment

Is it likely to be a -200ER as apposed to a -200 due to the runway length restrictions?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          Is it likely to be a -200ER as apposed to a -200 due to the runway length restrictions?
          Wouldn't it be there other way around? Since the MTOW of the 200ER would be higher due to increased fuel capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
            Wouldn't it be there other way around? Since the MTOW of the 200ER would be higher due to increased fuel capacity.
            The 777-200ER engines produce more thrust than the -200 so I would have thought they would be better on smaller runways.

Fun fact, all the SQ 777-200's are infact 777-200ER but have reduced engine thrust making them -200's. So technically all of them have the same fuel capacity, although they might not use all tanks on the 777-200.

Comment

I can't remember where and when it was announced but I remember it was clearly a derated 772 specified, not the still-ER variety.

It kind of makes sense insofar as they would be wanting a higher J capacity for the two capital cities perhaps, albeit an inferior product.

My guess is that it'll be an early candidate for the A350 regional when they start arriving. Until then, I'd be thinking they'll be rostering some of their more experienced pilots...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I can't remember where and when it was announced but I remember it was clearly a derated 772 specified, not the still-ER variety.
                Hey SQ228 - I think it was mentioned in one of the original news pieces when SQ first confirmed the route, as reported here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...&ref=nzhbiz_tw and http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...nberra-airport

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                  Hey SQ228 - I think it was mentioned in one of the original news pieces when SQ first confirmed the route, as reported here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...&ref=nzhbiz_tw and http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...nberra-airport
                  Thanks wlgspotter, that would be the confirmation. 38J/228Y can only be the SQ/SR series refitted 772s. One would assume that the journalist could manage to copy those figures verbatim from an SQ press release!

Comment

Unfortunately had to cancel my booking for the inaugural. Shame as I was looking forward to the presumed full power take off from WLG, as well as the interesting landing.

Comment

Had to cancel my booking as well unfortunately. Will be somewhere up north of SIN instead.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Had to cancel my booking as well unfortunately. Will be somewhere up north of SIN instead.
                        That's a shame, I was looking forward to your TR.

Have to save it for the SFO nonstop inaugural instead.

Comment

At the moment, it is 9V-SRP that is scheduled to do the inaugural SQ291/20SEP.
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Was in T3 earlier and the media for the inaugural event has slowly arrived into Sin judging by the guest pick ups I would think it would see some success serving a very niche part of both countries with healthy catchment. Only downside is the dreaded 38J regional layout..

Comment

9V-SRP is off to CBR! Hoping that things won't get too hairy at WLG....

Comment

Whoah... 13 year old aircraft ...#9V-SRP

Comment

Working...
                                X