Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
    Well I just checked at expertflyer...
    SIN-CBR-WLG are all zeroed out in J but when I click on the seat map, not one seat is taken. Maybe they are holding the seats for VIPs.

For return, the flight is not even listed in EF's website.

The "Capital Express" sounds like an interesting inaugural, but then I don't think I am willing to pay $4000USD or more to fly on an lack-luster regional business class product. Not to mention the possible sleeper service (one meal) on the SIN-CBR segment.

Anyway I will be patient and will rather save my money for something more interesting. I hope SQ realizes that the Capital Express is not like the A380 inaugural!

Carfield
    the whole J blocked out? amazing! CBR side must be overwhelmed that they scored a coup! But CBR is no SYD or even MEL, despite - or esp cos - my havin lived there before. Agree with you, not the best way for SGD5,+++.

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
      the whole J blocked out? amazing! CBR side must be overwhelmed that they scored a coup! But CBR is no SYD or even MEL, despite - or esp cos - my havin lived there before. Agree with you, not the best way for SGD5,+++.
      pretty sure it's for the media / VIPs etc

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
        Will SIA's new SIN-CBR-WLG service be covered under the alliance agreement they have with ANZ?
        Based on the second part of the CAPA analysis, it does not. Auckland and Christchurch are covered, but not Wellington.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...zealand-263364

Comment

Kia Ora (well, it's apt for this WLG related thread, and I just so happen to be in AKL at the moment - so hey ho),

I've deleted some posts - and I urge us all to take it down a notch or two from full blast. This isn't a warzone. Rejoice that there's a new transtasman player, instead of fighting over it

signed,

SQFG with her mod hat on wondering what there is to eat along queen street this time of the day....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Kia Ora (well, it's apt for this WLG related thread, and I just so happen to be in AKL at the moment - so hey ho),

I've deleted some posts - and I urge us all to take it down a notch or two from full blast. This isn't a warzone. Rejoice that there's a new transtasman player, instead of fighting over it

signed,

SQFG with her mod hat on wondering what there is to eat along queen street this time of the day....
            Kia Ora SQFlyerGirl...

In terms of what to eat in Queen Street.. Quite a few but I do find PappaRich at Aotea Centre is pretty good...

Or if you are ok venturing further up Queen Street, then Tanuki Cave is a great place too - one of our favourite Japanese places... Enjoy your stay in AKL!
            Last edited by wlgspotter; 27 January 2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

signed,

Thank you. I was genuinely shocked by one in particular but didn't have the "power" to wipe it...

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                Kia Ora SQFlyerGirl...

In terms of what to eat in Queen Street.. Quite a few but I do find PappaRich at Aotea Centre is pretty good...
                I do like Pappa Rich but I flew in from SIN this morning and Asian food is not top of the list right now - but thanks for the suggestion though!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Thank you. I was genuinely shocked by one in particular but didn't have the "power" to wipe it...
                  That's what the report button is for - if you need to, please use it. By far the best way to resolve conflict.

Comment

I do like Pappa Rich but I flew in from SIN this morning and Asian food is not top of the list right now - but thanks for the suggestion though!
                    Fair enough. Having a bit if a brain fade time so can't think of anywhere else interesting. Plus we usually go for Asian anyway, so TBH I don't really know of any good Non-Asian food around Queen Street. Sorry!

Hope you'll have a great stay in AKL anyway. Take care

Comment

Any ideas about KrisFlyer redemptions on this route? Website doesn't allow SIN-WLG or CBR-WLG.
                      Fly well,
                      Travel safe,
                      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Not to forget that other pair of new destinations that will soon be joining the SQ network in amongst all this excitement...

An article has been published today about progress on the new international terminal at CBR:
                        http://www.theage.com.au/act-news/ca...19-gq8xtd.html
                        They are very keen for a daily service and are promising a seamless passport control movement to appeal to passengers from regional airports but also I think from MEL and SYD once our flights fill up in peak seasons, as well as business travellers from SYD who want to use the VA departure out of SYD at 2035 to connect to it.

Comment

I know we are still 21 days away from the flight arriving in Canberra, but does anyone know at this stage which particular Boeing 777 (am looking for the rego in particular) will be operating the flight?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex L View Post
                            I know we are still 21 days away from the flight arriving in Canberra, but does anyone know at this stage which particular Boeing 777 (am looking for the rego in particular) will be operating the flight?

Thank you!
                            It will be one of the old B772s flying this route. That said, I suspect it would be one of the refitted cabins that will fly to WLG via CBR

Comment

Spoke to a NZ 777 Captain two days ago. She said she wouldn't take a 777 to WLG.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                                Spoke to a NZ 777 Captain two days ago. She said she wouldn't take a 777 to WLG.
                                Well her colleagues have flown 777s (the 300er variety) into WLG on more than one occasion
                                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                                X