• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is an FEZSQ ex-MEL nowadays?
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      How much is an FEZSQ ex-MEL nowadays?
      Nada. Those fares are no longer offered in Oz.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if this is valid routing on FEZSQ:

JFK-FRA: 3,850
        LHR-SIN: 6,768
        SIN-ICN: 2,873
        ICN-SFO: 5,656

Total approx 19,147 miles.

If I want to add couple more segments, will that be possible and what would you recommend?

Goal is to max out on allowable miles. Can I include SYD/MEL/BOM? Is it possible to pass through SIN twice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post

If I want to add couple more segments, will that be possible and what would you recommend?

Goal is to max out on allowable miles. Can I include SYD/MEL/BOM? Is it possible to pass through SIN twice?

The proposed routing is valid. You cannot add any more segments. You could maximize the mileage by replacing JKF-FRA with IAH-DME. Also, SIN-NRT-LAX is a bit longer than SIN-ICN-SFO.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "allowable miles": these fares have no maximum mileage limit, though, as Zvezda points out, you can only go one way, so the number of segments is effectively limited (it's five max in the rules).

You can go via India, but keep in mind that SQ offers no service between Europe and India on its own metal, so you have to buy the "gap" ticket, or redeem an award on, say, LH -- you'd get no miles from the RTW there.

You cannot use these fares to visit Oz or NZ; and you cannot transit SIN twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
              the number of segments is effectively limited (it's five max in the rules).
              Since SQ dropped BKK-NRT service, I don't know how to ticket an FEZSQ with more than four segments.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                Since SQ dropped BKK-NRT service, I don't know how to ticket an FEZSQ with more than four segments.
                JFK-FRA; open gap to IST; IST-DXB; open gap to BOM; BOM-SIN; SIN-NRT; NRT-LAX.

Not that anyone in their right mind would be goofy enough to do that.......

Comment

JFK-FRA; open gap to IST; IST-DXB; open gap to BOM; BOM-SIN; SIN-NRT; NRT-LAX.
                  You're right. I was thinking that SIN-IST had gone nonstop, but I see now that it hasn't happened yet. There had been talk a while ago of daily nonstop A330-300 service to IST.

Comment

thank you zveda and Bitterroot for your input, it's much appreciated!

Bitterroot, how many actual flight miles does this routing add up to - JFK-FRA; open gap to IST; IST-DXB; open gap to BOM; BOM-SIN; SIN-NRT; NRT-LAX? I would imagine this would be the longest route using the FEZSQ fare out of US? Is there any longer route with other open jaws?

cheers.

Comment

thank you zveda and Bitterroot for your input, it's much appreciated!

Bitterroot, how many actual flight miles does this routing add up to - JFK-FRA; open gap to IST; IST-DXB; open gap to BOM; BOM-SIN; SIN-NRT; NRT-LAX? I would imagine this would be the longest route using the FEZSQ fare out of US? Is there any longer route with other open jaws?

cheers.
                      19,270, of which 16,914 would be the sum of the SQ segments.

LHR and BCN are the two stations farthest from SIN: they're about the same distance -- 6744 for LHR; 6759 for BCN (the BCN distance is the through tariff distance, since you can't use SQ locally between BCN and MXP). Those would be the two European stations offering the most SQ miles.

Now, that said, you can add an MI sidetrip from SIN-xx-SIN to an SQ FEZSQ. It's an extra charge (a "special" price in either Y or J), but you could splice that together with your SQ RTW, and add in those miles, too...........
                      Last edited by Bitterroot; 3 October 2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks again bitterroot. My goal is to have maximum miles on SQ metal hence it probably make more sense with the following routing recommended by zveda:

IAH-DME:5929
                        LHR-SIN:6768 (BCN is a little more however LHR will be more convernient for me)
                        SIN-NRT:3332
                        NRT-LAX:5446

Total SQ Metal Miles Flown: 21,475

I could replace SIN-NRT-LAX with SIN-HKG-SFO / SIN-ICN-SFO which both offer 77W new F with minimal difference in miles.

cheers.

Comment

Thanks again bitterroot. My goal is to have maximum miles on SQ metal hence it probably make more sense with the following routing recommended by zveda:

LHR-SIN:6768 (BCN is a little more however LHR will be more convernient for me)
                          NRT-LAX:5446

Total SQ Metal Miles Flown: 21,475

I could replace SIN-NRT-LAX with SIN-HKG-SFO / SIN-ICN-SFO which both offer 77W new F with minimal difference in miles.

cheers.
                          You could fly SIN-NRT/HKG-SFO to maximize SQ miles, but you would need a separate NRT-HKG ticket.

Comment

You could fly SIN-NRT/HKG-SFO to maximize SQ miles, but you would need a separate NRT-HKG ticket.
                            Never thought of that, that probably makes even more sense and maximizes the miles on this fare. Thanks zveda!!! I can get best of both worlds for my return - i.e. 744 to NRT and 77W to SFO!

LHR-SIN:6768
                            HKG-SFO:6923

Total SQ Metal Miles Flown: 22,952

cheers.
                            Last edited by SQ All The Way; 3 October 2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Nope. NRT-HKG is a backtrack -- not allowed under the rules.

Comment

Nope. NRT-HKG is a backtrack -- not allowed under the rules.
                                Interesting. SIN-NRT/HKG-SFO is less of a backtrack than IAH-DME/LHR-SIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X