No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do need more LH A350 for Seattle n CPH.

Comment

• Given that SQ has only 2 variants of the A350-900 on order, 9V-SJA will be a Long Haul variant as the current SM... registration series will run out after SMZ.[/QUOTE]

Duh: I should have been able to figure that out. They can't very well follow the SMx series with SNx frames, as SNx is already taken. Plus, the three SN frames themselves followed 24 SWx frames, so alpha logic clearly isn't a required priority...

Thanks, though, for setting the matter straight!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        According to @Airlineroute:
        It's neat to know the regional A350's are also taking over India routes, especially both BLR and CCU and BLR served by the regional A350.

MAA should eventually be next in the loop either with a 78X or a regional 359 - I wonder what the capacity difference of Y in both the 78X and regional 359
        Last edited by SQfanatic; 28 April 2019, 12:43 AM. Reason: Maybe my vision, I don't know...I do know I made a mistake this was not what was meant to be said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
          Given that SQ has only 2 variants of the A350-900 on order, 9V-SJA will be a Long Haul variant as the current SM... registration series will run out after SMZ.

Duh: I should have been able to figure that out. They can't very well follow the SMx series with SNx frames, as SNx is already taken. Plus, the three SN frames themselves followed 24 SWx frames, so alpha logic clearly isn't a required priority...

Thanks, though, for setting the matter straight

The 747-400's had the SM* series and the SP* series. I remember the SJ* series was on the SQ A340-300 Celestar jets.

I actually thought after SMU the long haul A350 orders would end and proceed to the other tranche (ULH and Regional)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I wonder what the capacity difference of Y in both the 78X and regional 359 are.
            Stop wondering and go to Singaporeair.com to find out yourself.

Comment

• This is great confirmation of what we've expected for a while that more long hauls would be on the way. BNE was able to supply some extra long hauls by switching to regional config but not all.

We should see IST go A350 with this new set, as well as providing SEA with a plane. CPH is going daily A350, MXP is increasing to daily, possible movements with MAN running at such high capacity on the SIN-MAN sector could occur and I might not be surprised if we saw DUS add capacity at least on a seasonal basis.

Comment

I wonder what the capacity difference of Y in both the 78X and regional 359 are.
                Seriously, are you are joking about this? You've been speculating about the assignment of new aircraft to Indian routes for absolutely months and haven't bothered to check one of several, well known sources for this highly relevant information?

I have heard some discussion though that SQ were looking at developing a specific seating variation of the 78X for Indian routes in conjunction with Vistara...

Comment

It's neat to know the regional A350's are also taking over India routes, especially both BLR and CCU and BOM served by the longhaul A350.

MAA should eventually be next in the loop either with a 78X or a regional 359 - I wonder what the capacity difference of Y in both the 78X and regional 359 are.
                  First of all, please provide your proof that BLR and CCU are currently served by the long haul A350.

Second, SQ does not deploy new aircraft based on your wishes.

Third, for a user who reads/posts on these threads regularly, you still wonder about something that has been discussed upthread and in others, or even through a simple internet search.
                  Last edited by SQ957; 27 April 2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Do you think the new long-haul A350's will have the 2017 economy seats or get the 2013 seats that are on the other long-haul A350's?
                    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                      Do you think the new long-haul A350's will have the 2017 economy seats or get the 2013 seats that are on the other long-haul A350's?
                      I'd be putting my money on the 2013 product. Operationally you really don't want a small subset of the same aircraft having a different product. They will still be new seats, just an older design. I couldn't be certain about this, but if the J product is the 2013 design which it would be for sure, there may be compatibility issues if you put 2017 Y seats in with different IFE. Or maybe I have this wrong and the screens and controllers would work with other systems so it's dependent purely on the server?

Comment

• I believe the (new) A380s and the 787s have the 2017 Y seats with essentially the same Panasonic eX3 IFE system as on the original A350s with the 2013 Y seats.

If they do use the 2013 Y seats though, I wonder if they will remove the touch screen remote. That must have saved quite a bit of weight on the newer aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                          I believe the (new) A380s and the 787s have the 2017 Y seats with essentially the same Panasonic eX3 IFE system as on the original A350s with the 2013 Y seats.

If they do use the 2013 Y seats though, I wonder if they will remove the touch screen remote. That must have saved quite a bit of weight on the newer aircraft.
                          Ah right, so it's the A350 regionals that went over to Thales then. If they use the 2013 seats I'd expect them to have the remote because the seatback design will be identical. Given it's only an extra 5 planes and they will go into regular rotation with the first 21, I just can't see any appetite for change, especially when you consider the second order of A330s getting the same product.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                            I believe the (new) A380s and the 787s have the 2017 Y seats with essentially the same Panasonic eX3 IFE system as on the original A350s with the 2013 Y seats.
                            The new A380s have the older 11.1 inch screen (which I believe is identical to the 77W and A350 ones), while the 787s have a newer 11.6 inch screen with slimmer bezels. Those screen sizes were mentioned in their respective press releases:

A380: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../ne2117-171102

787: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../ne1218-180328

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              I'd be putting my money on the 2013 product. Operationally you really don't want a small subset of the same aircraft having a different product. They will still be new seats, just an older design. I couldn't be certain about this, but if the J product is the 2013 design which it would be for sure, there may be compatibility issues if you put 2017 Y seats in with different IFE. Or maybe I have this wrong and the screens and controllers would work with other systems so it's dependent purely on the server?
                              Would it be possible to have 2017Y but with an identical seat map?
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Seriously, are you are joking about this? You've been speculating about the assignment of new aircraft to Indian routes for absolutely months and haven't bothered to check one of several, well known sources for this highly relevant information?

I have heard some discussion though that SQ were looking at developing a specific seating variation of the 78X for Indian routes in conjunction with Vistara...
                                Cos he is too busy with which CX planes is being fitted with WiFi nowadays. Further he have switch his trips from SQ to CX.

Comment

Working...
                                X