Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I don't really understand what the big deal is with these 3D maps?
    You're not the only one...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      You're not the only one...
      Not a big fan of the 3D maps myself... I would rather they install underbelly cameras like the old CX, as well as the channel on UA where you could listen in to the conversations between ATC and the cockpit crew (that is / was the only good thing about UA!)...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• I am not big into the 3D maps either. That said, I am still curious whether the A350 has them, as I will be flying it on SQ32/31 in November and December.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        channel on UA where you could listen in to the conversations between ATC and the cockpit crew (that is / was the only good thing about UA!)...
        Channel 9, to be exact. Indeed, it is a shame they no longer have it, as it somewhat made up for the lack of PTVs on the 744s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
          I am not big into the 3D maps either. That said, I am still curious whether the A350 has them, as I will be flying it on SQ32/31 in November and December.
          A350 definitely has them. And you can also control the IFE from your phone using the app, if you're in J (not sure if this is possible in S or Y).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
            Channel 9, to be exact. Indeed, it is a shame they no longer have it, as it somewhat made up for the lack of PTVs on the 744s.
            Ar yes, channel 9... Thanks!
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• I think the 3D maps contain more information than the previous 2D maps. The reason is also that to my knowledge, with evidence of videos and TR's, all 350's have the 3D maps, I was only raving as they would upgrade newer cabins to keep in tandem with 77WR and A350. My chance as of now still stands at 4/6.

I am definitely for installing belly cameras, too but that I leave up to them, too. It would definitely look nice, no doubt

Comment

• Anyone know what happened to SWH? It flew 8877, but I have a feeling it is of course not refitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Anyone know what happened to SWH? It flew 8877, but I have a feeling it is of course not refitted.
                  Hmm, it flew SQ494/495 to and from DXB and is scheduled to fly to MXP and BCN as SQ378 later tonight.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    Hmm, it flew SQ494/495 to and from DXB and is scheduled to fly to MXP and BCN as SQ378 later tonight.
                    Yup creds to go iCargo.net. Besides this Sunday MAN goes back to the old 77W product continuing to IAH. DME same thing but I have a feeling it could be ad-hoc 77WN sometimes. Hope they extend the 2013 cabin products one day to IAH (B77W) and JFK (A388) both served with 2006 products.

Comment

• If they extend new products to JFK it will be the 2017 products no? Assuming that JFK continues to be served by the A388. Of course, once nonstop flights resume (and i'm assuming NYC will definitely be one of the destinations), NYC will definitely be served by at least one flight with new products.

Comment

• I sat at row 11 on a 773ER. The bulkhead seats have room to stow hand carry. Was told to load this into the overhead locker along the window seats as I sat in the middle without overhead lockers. Is this typical in J bulkheads? There was another time when I flew and the FAs said it was ok to stow the cabin bag under the middle divider. This happened on the 2006 J although not sure if it makes a difference to the requirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlesming View Post
                          I sat at row 11 on a 773ER. The bulkhead seats have room to stow hand carry. Was told to load this into the overhead locker along the window seats as I sat in the middle without overhead lockers. Is this typical in J bulkheads? There was another time when I flew and the FAs said it was ok to stow the cabin bag under the middle divider. This happened on the 2006 J although not sure if it makes a difference to the requirement.
                          You probably flew the 2013 J bulkhead seat with its fixed footrest the previous time. In that configuration, you can stow bags under the footrest. However, the 2006 J bulkhead seats feature flipdown-style footrests; you can't stow bags under them, as the footrest has to be flipped up during takeoff and landing.

(To add to the confusion, on the regional J seats, you can't place hand luggage in the foot cubby in any of the seats during takeoff and landing, everything has to go into the lockers.)

I don't quite follow the logic either but that's how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowie View Post
                            You probably flew the 2013 J bulkhead seat with its fixed footrest the previous time. In that configuration, you can stow bags under the footrest. However, the 2006 J bulkhead seats feature flipdown-style footrests; you can't stow bags under them, as the footrest has to be flipped up during takeoff and landing.

(To add to the confusion, on the regional J seats, you can't place hand luggage in the foot cubby in any of the seats during takeoff and landing, everything has to go into the lockers.)

I don't quite follow the logic either but that's how it is.

Thanks for the reply and info! The 2006 J flight was a red eye and we had a delayed push back cause the flight time was shorter than anticipated and there were restrictions (SIN-MEL) so before push back quite a few pax have gone to bed literally. Seat up right but footrest down. Crew did not ask for foot rests to be flipped up. First world problems, and a minor inconvenience, because I had to retrieve my cabin bag from the overhead locker bins during flight and the passenger seated at the window seat was already in a full flat sleeping config, looking at me retrieving my bag from that angle. I got nervous, he got nervous (what if my bag fell on him).

First time on a sleeper service. Crew tends to leave you alone, as long as seat belts on, seat upright for departure and landing. From a safety perspective, one should be in a seated position but then again it is the passengers prerogative.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlesming View Post
                              Thanks for the reply and info! The 2006 J flight was a red eye and we had a delayed push back cause the flight time was shorter than anticipated and there were restrictions (SIN-MEL) so before push back quite a few pax have gone to bed literally. Seat up right but footrest down. Crew did not ask for foot rests to be flipped up. First world problems, and a minor inconvenience, because I had to retrieve my cabin bag from the overhead locker bins during flight and the passenger seated at the window seat was already in a full flat sleeping config, looking at me retrieving my bag from that angle. I got nervous, he got nervous (what if my bag fell on him).

First time on a sleeper service. Crew tends to leave you alone, as long as seat belts on, seat upright for departure and landing. From a safety perspective, one should be in a seated position but then again it is the passengers prerogative.
                              The irony. A seemingly safety-related requirement that actually causes another hazard instead!

Comment

• Anyone know what's happened with DXB lately? Has it really lost PEY and living off 77WN's more regularly now? Since Saturday, it's been living off the 77WN off SQ631 and SQ1 mostly. I get it's a maintenance thing as SWL was in maintenance, and even there were some available PEY frames available. Now, SWJ is probably under maintenance along with SNB.

The maximum I recall DXB living off without PEY since the time it got introduced is about 5 days by now. Is this permanent or temporary? The only other route that lost PEY was SQ231/222 on the last day (got SWE), SQ328/327 (got SWS), and today SQ866 which got SWY off DXB. I will assume it is temporary for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X