Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b777jubilee View Post
    i was on 9V-SRM last night from HKG and the YCL seats have been upgraded to the same ones on 77WN, but with the same inflight entertainment system on 77W and A388. I would have thought they wont do anything to the 772s YCL
    Hmm, very interesting development indeed. Didn't really think the 772s will be getting a second refit, but with the amount of A330s leaving, I guess SQ needs them around for longer.

I think the Y seats on SRM are actually the old 2006 Y seats coming off the 77Ws that are being refitted, but with a new seat cover that makes it look like the 2013 product. I was on SYH (a 773) just last week and was at first fooled into thinking that the plane had the newest product, but on further inspection it was just the 2006 seat re-upholstered with new fabric. Either way, it's a nice upgrade (especially the IFE) and let's hope that some of the 772ER SV series planes get it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
      I think the Y seats on SRM are actually the old 2006 Y seats coming off the 77Ws that are being refitted, but with a new seat cover that makes it look like the 2013 product. I was on SYH (a 773) just last week and was at first fooled into thinking that the plane had the newest product, but on further inspection it was just the 2006 seat re-upholstered with new fabric. Either way, it's a nice upgrade (especially the IFE) and let's hope that some of the 772ER SV series planes get it too.
      Agreed. We know SYH and SYI have received the Y cabin contents of a 77W, but up until now, any 772 getting that treatment has been speculation. I don't mind how old the plane itself is, just want a more comfortable seat and better IFE!

Comment

i was on 9V-SRM last night from HKG and the YCL seats have been upgraded to the same ones on 77WN, but with the same inflight entertainment system on 77W and A388. I would have thought they wont do anything to the 772s YCL
        Another plane to watch out for is 9v-sqm. As another poster asked she is back after a month maintenance and could have gotten a similar face lift

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          The IFE on the older 772s can have a similar feel to the 77W/A380 but with less content.

Did the IFE have the controller mounted on the seat back or was it in the armrest? Did the tray table have a fold with hinges in it and did the seat back have a flip-down cup holder?
          The contents are what you find in the 77W , A330, A380. I was on another 772 outbound with old small screen and fewer contents in the IFE. SRM has full krisworld content and I watched London has Fallen which was not available on the outbound 772.

IFE controller is on the seat back.

Comment

I was too tired after a day of meeting so i didnt take any pictures. The seats are the latest generation economy seats but the previous generation inflight entertainment system (no touchscreen), same as those on A330s and A380s. The business class cabin is the regional setup found on the A330s.
            Ok, so it says KrisWorld instead of the Welcome Onboard, Let's Begin screen huh? I barely have time or interest to look at IG anymore to find a 772 that has these latest generation seats. Next time, if anyone else flies that bird or any refitted bird feel free to take and post pictures. Guess there's one place people are a bit lucky to get that in South India: Bangalore. North would be DEL and BOM.

Speaking of latest gen seats, more than the poster who claimed SWV has maps, a guy posted a vid on YT on 9V-SWV, that indeed has the Panasonic 3D Voyager maps. So I was right to guess that all along.

Comment

• If they can refit the 772's with the same treatment, I don't understand why they won't proceed to refit more 77W's as well. I really thought the ex-77W equipment would go to some 772's as well. I guess the reason narrows down to SWB not available, and probably getting fixed and getting a new cabin/Wifi system.

Maybe when SWB comes back to service, then they will proceed with SWD and so on gradually.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                If they can refit the 772's with the same treatment, I don't understand why they won't proceed to refit more 77W's as well. I really thought the ex-77W equipment would go to some 772's as well. I guess the reason narrows down to SWB not available, and probably getting fixed and getting a new cabin/Wifi system.

Maybe when SWB comes back to service, then they will proceed with SWD and so on gradually.
                Hanger space might be taken up with the 772's? They also have to store the old 77W seats, maybe they need free up some of this used storage space by refitting the older AC first?

Comment

The contents are what you find in the 77W , A330, A380. I was on another 772 outbound with old small screen and fewer contents in the IFE. SRM has full krisworld content and I watched London has Fallen which was not available on the outbound 772.

IFE controller is on the seat back.
                  Well, that's definitely a confirmation then that the IFE server and system has been transferred along with all the seats. The photos provided by someone recently showed either SYH or SYI and they too have the new fabric as well.

What is odd is how random these upgrades are. SQ are normally methodical about these kind of refurbs and usually like to make an announcement, like they have done with the previous 773, 772ER and 77W refit programs. Now if you have a flight on a 772 or 773, it's a lottery to see what product you get.

Comment

• Well, I'm on 972 and 973 next week. Looking at the flight histories, 972 will likely be the one of either 9V-SRJ or 9V-SRL

But 973 will be one of the refitted 777-200ERs, so I'll post pics if I see anything interesting.

Comment

• I booked SQ636 (SIN-HND) on F (on Oct 7) to try the WN product and ended up with a SWR (77W) instead

Comment

• Originally posted by TTOTY View Post
                        I booked SQ636 (SIN-HND) on F (on Oct 7) to try the WN product and ended up with a SWR (77W) instead
                        That time SWV was under maintenance and caused a knock on effect to SQ2 which got SWR off 631. However mostly you should expect 636/631 to be a 77WN.

Comment

• i hope soon SQ upgrades the last 2 77WN with the new Panasonic Voyager 3D maps, SWY and SNA before I leave in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            i hope soon SQ upgrades the last 2 77WN with the new Panasonic Voyager 3D maps, SWY and SNA before I leave in December.
                            I don't really understand what the big deal is with these 3D maps?

Comment

• Some like blondes, some like brunettes. To each his own I say

Comment

• Our friend is especially excited about his flights from SFO on SQ2/1 and wants to ensure he gets the full experience.....including 3D Maps. I found them nice, though not to die for, though as vade says, to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X