July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    There's more than one way to skin a cat, and it is possible. QF themselves are starting to implement this, first on their 767s.
    There is but time is money especially with aircraft. I am involved in running an IT department that manages them. They take up so much time. And they are not very reliable. They will probably cost more money than a traditional IFE. Anyway we know they wont use iPads see here.

I forgot about those big boxes below the seats (too many J flights ). Removing them will indeed make alot of sense, doubly so for Y where one has problems sometimes stretching out or putting some luggage below.
    The boxes are not big anymore

Comment

Wouldn't the best model be streaming content to an app on the users own device? Put a holder on the back of the seat in front and slot it in.

Can't think we're far away from being able to deliver the bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
        Wouldn't the best model be streaming content to an app on the users own device? Put a holder on the back of the seat in front and slot it in.

Should be possible, with wireless N you will be fine. iPads are all N anyway. As for the holder i don't think that would happen, they might change the size of the iPad! plus it wouldn't fit other devices.

I think UA do this anyway.

I wouldn't do it via an app, it would have to be via the browser. For pax who are not FF they might know to download the app before boarding.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post

I'd prefer this BYO tablet method as well, or at least as an option. Though it seems a BYO method might be more suitable for a budget carrier than full service. I think Scoot are doing this?

Wouldn't really work in First or Business Class either. Too small in comparison to the seat and it's not like its BYO 42 inch LED TV!

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
            I'd prefer this BYO tablet method as well, or at least as an option. Though it seems a BYO method might be more suitable for a budget carrier than full service. I think Scoot are doing this?

Wouldn't really work in First or Business Class either. Too small in comparison to the seat and it's not like its BYO 42 inch LED TV!
            BYO 42 inch LED TV would probably be very well received on those flights heading to the Indian sub-continent.

Comment

Is the launch date of 9 July right ?. I thought it was the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Jul 9th in Singapore according to ABT. They seem to be the only source that points to a date. Strange that SQ's PR did not release anything themselves.

Comment

Does SIA invite QPP/TPPs to these sort of things?
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    It's a media event but I sent a request to PPS Services to get an invite (TPP).

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      It's a media event but I sent a request to PPS Services to get an invite (TPP).
                      If you do get to go, make sure you take a few pics and post "live"!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        To answer my own question it is on the 11th.

Yes. I would imagine there will be one or two from here at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                          Oh I see. Any speculation as to which destination will be getting it first?
                          LHR will get the new F on 77W.

Comment

Received the invite, includes a +1.

Comment

Received the invite, includes a +1.
                              Just read your post and wrote to SQ to be invited too

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                                Just read your post and wrote to SQ to be invited too
                                I didn't write in, hope you receive it.

Comment

Working...
                                X