July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    Comments to that include how touchscreen IFE are "greasy with fingerprints" and you can feel the person behind pressing the screen. Wonder if this will be addressed by SQ if they introduce touchscreen IFE in Y.
    one of the things I do with the hot towel after cleaning my hands is to use it to wipe the table and also the screen....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      one of the things I do with the hot towel after cleaning my hands is to use it to wipe the table and also the screen....
      Would that be before or after the feet?

(sorry - just joking)

Comment

• I would also love to attend the event if anyone has an extra invite to spare =)

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
          I would also love to attend the event if anyone has an extra invite to spare =)
          How many miles do you offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            9-11? Three days?
            yea, probably for different groups of people - PPS members, VIPs, CIPs, media etc..

Originally posted by RHG View Post
            i'm sure that the cleaners do wipe down the screens after every flight.... supposedly....
            yea, supposedly they do. Anyway, a lot of airlines (EK, Air Canada comes to mind) have touchscreens - do people really complain? If SQ doesn't implement this, people might say SQ is lagging behind (again).

Comment

• I think the issue is more the resistive touch on current IFE systems that requires the user to push at the screen. If they could implement the capacitive touch found on the iPhone, I think it would make life a lot easier.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                yea, probably for different groups of people - PPS members, VIPs, CIPs, media etc..
                It is indeed being spread over the three days of 9 - 11 July with the first day mainly for the press/travel media. They seem to have messed around with the schedule a bit as our time has been moved once already. Not sure if the dinner is still the same time either.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                  I think the issue is more the resistive touch on current IFE systems that requires the user to push at the screen. If they could implement the capacitive touch found on the iPhone, I think it would make life a lot easier.
                  Travelled on QF, MH and VS with touchscreen IFE and never had any problems with them. The screens are also very touch-sensitive and can easily register contact by just a light contact with my nail-tips.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

They are closing down the whole airport to celebrate the event.

I think it was clarified that the date shifted from July 9 to July 11.

Comment

yea, supposedly they do. Anyway, a lot of airlines (EK, Air Canada comes to mind) have touchscreens - do people really complain? If SQ doesn't implement this, people might say SQ is lagging behind (again).
                      Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                      I think the issue is more the resistive touch on current IFE systems that requires the user to push at the screen. If they could implement the capacitive touch found on the iPhone, I think it would make life a lot easier.
                      Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                      Travelled on QF, MH and VS with touchscreen IFE and never had any problems with them. The screens are also very touch-sensitive and can easily register contact by just a light contact with my nail-tips.
                      I have recently done to longhaul legs on LH Y (yeah, I know, whY? )...the touch screens were horrible. Same goes for KE J. Slow, unresponsive, requiring too much pressure...if it does not work reliably, it should not be installed on an aircraft, especially not in the back of a seat. I remain absolutely unimpressed...
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                        I have recently done to longhaul legs on LH Y (yeah, I know, whY? )...the touch screens were horrible. Same goes for KE J. Slow, unresponsive, requiring too much pressure...if it does not work reliably, it should not be installed on an aircraft, especially not in the back of a seat. I remain absolutely unimpressed...
                        Will SQ go with hard shell seats? Those that will not intrude into the pax behind when you recline. If that is the case, then tapping on the screen will probably not irritate anybody.

I think the current screens are all capacitive (like smartphones) and do not require a hard tap unless it is spoilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          They are closing down the whole airport to celebrate the event.

I think it was clarified that the date shifted from July 9 to July 11.
                          Closing down the whole airport? Or is it only JetQuay CIP Terminal?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            Closing down the whole airport? Or is it only JetQuay CIP Terminal?
                            I was making fun out of the 'three-day-event' because they have to invite soooooooooooooooooo many people.

The event is one night only and of course only in the VIP Terminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                              Will SQ go with hard shell seats? Those that will not intrude into the pax behind when you recline. If that is the case, then tapping on the screen will probably not irritate anybody.
                              Can we stop this nonsense discussion about seats in whY? SQ is not introducing any new seats in Economy, they are bringing new seats in Business and First.

Maybe the mods can shift these posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                Can we stop this nonsense discussion about seats in whY? SQ is not introducing any new seats in Economy, they are bringing new seats in Business and First.

Maybe the mods can shift these posts.
                                The event covers the launch of an upgraded KrisWorld which will most likely be head-to-toe in the new aircraft. The discussion regarding the impact of a touchscreen KrisWorld (a plausible scenario) seems very relevant IMO.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X