This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Grow a pair. Some people here are indeed sarcastic, and so you seemed to be as well until you became outright rude. If you can't take what you dish, find yourself another sandpit to play in.
    Is such "sarcastic" flaming warranted?

That's my question.

Questions may seem trivial, old timers here may seem like some pro. My registration date would mean that I am not a new timer, but I am definitely not a frequent poster.

I do not understand why/how can asking "simple" questions turn into a situation where people who knows stuff start to mock people who doesn't know stuff?

My question coms back to, "What's the purpose of this forum?"

If you tell me it's only for the frequent flyers to discuss their experiences, then fine, I will leave this place for good.

But if this place is open to any people who comes here and just want to ask about certain experiences from the "EXPERTS" I don't see the need for harsh treatments right?

I admit, I may have gotten a bit "defensive" towards the end. I admit, it may indeed be the "culture" of the people here to be sarcastic. But how would you expect someone who is "relatively" new react to this sort of abuses that they feel is unwarranted?

From my previous post reply to the mod till this post, there are 2 more posts that ain't exactly friendly in nature.

Some enlightenment is definitely appreciated.

Comment

My oh my, the youth of today.....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        As mod yourself, pls enlighten rather than make assumptions. Thanks!

Comment

MUCH enlightenment appears to be needed...and in tall order! This includes enlightenment on how to get said enlightenment!

Motion: Let's not "clean up" this thread at all. It DOES have quite a bit of quality examples for future generations.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            We're not all that bad!
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post

That's my question.

Questions may seem trivial, old timers here may seem like some pro. My registration date would mean that I am not a new timer, but I am definitely not a frequent poster.

I do not understand why/how can asking "simple" questions turn into a situation where people who knows stuff start to mock people who doesn't know stuff?

My question coms back to, "What's the purpose of this forum?"

If you tell me it's only for the frequent flyers to discuss their experiences, then fine, I will leave this place for good.

But if this place is open to any people who comes here and just want to ask about certain experiences from the "EXPERTS" I don't see the need for harsh treatments right?

I admit, I may have gotten a bit "defensive" towards the end. I admit, it may indeed be the "culture" of the people here to be sarcastic. But how would you expect someone who is "relatively" new react to this sort of abuses that they feel is unwarranted?

From my previous post reply to the mod till this post, there are 2 more posts that ain't exactly friendly in nature.

I'm not a mod and I'm sure others will be better at enlightenment than me - I don't have the patience. Here are my thoughts: your questioning along the lines of the "experience" reminds me of the Monty Python "nudge nudge" sketch where Eric Idle asks Terry Jones: "you've had s*x - what's it like?".

If you want to have a more reasonable response from people here, try sharing your flying experiences and I think you'll find that others will compare/contrast, add comment etc. If you don't have any experience, that's OK of course, but then confine yourself to reading trip reports, airline websites etc - there's enormous amounts of information and other people's experiences out there. Cluttering up this or any other forum with "nudge nudge" questions will always be given short shrift - that's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                I'm not a mod and I'm sure others will be better at enlightenment than me - I don't have the patience. Here are my thoughts: your questioning along the lines of the "experience" reminds me of the Monty Python "nudge nudge" sketch where Eric Idle asks Terry Jones: "you've had s*x - what's it like?".

If you want to have a more reasonable response from people here, try sharing your flying experiences and I think you'll find that others will compare/contrast, add comment etc. If you don't have any experience, that's OK of course, but then confine yourself to reading trip reports, airline websites etc - there's enormous amounts of information and other people's experiences out there. Cluttering up this or any other forum with "nudge nudge" questions will always be given short shrift - that's just the way it is.
                if u would hv said this earlier.... best advice yet

Comment

Simple, you lost me (and probably a few others) at "pitiful".

Like I said, if you can't take what you dish, go somewhere else. And playing naive victim after being a rude tw*t, isn't something that holds water in my book.

Comment

please.... allow the OP to continue ... it makes my weekend --- oh hang on .. gotta watch paint dry....

Comment

Like I said, if you can't take what you dish, go somewhere else. And playing naive victim after being a rude tw*t, isn't something that holds water in my book.
                      Couldn't agree more.
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

lets put it this way. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you"

Cheers!
                        Last edited by reddevil0728; 23 March 2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

In regard to the OP's original query about how SQ First Class distinguishes itself, this is what eye have to say:

Please earn enough good karma in this life to one day be able to enjoy an SQ First Class flight where they load Champagne Dom Perignon 2000 for you

That is all

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                            In regard to the OP's original query about how SQ First Class distinguishes itself, this is what eye have to say:

Please earn enough good karma in this life to one day be able to enjoy an SQ First Class flight where they load Champagne Dom Perignon 2000 for you

That is all

No offence but that sounds extremely snobbish. Personal opinion.

Comment

No offence but that sounds extremely snobbish. Personal opinion.
                              Didn't you ask for enlightenment? Very be careful what you ask for
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                                Didn't you ask for enlightenment? Very be careful what you ask for
                                I did. But I am afraid you have some how conveniently overlooked WHAT exactly I am seeking enlightenment about.

You can refer to post #51. I think that's probably the best reply YET.

Comment

Working...
                                X