X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
    I mean the whole experience on the ground from LHR, not just the lounge
    There is no 'experience' to talk of on the ground at LHR when flying SQ, other than an overcrowded shopping mall that doubles as an airport terminal and security staff that are just about the biggest bunch of idiots you'll meet at any airport in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      Plenty:

Having said that, I have been a little disappointed recently esp when travelling ex-other stations:

1. No dedicated lounge in SFO, HKG, and now I heard ICN too. Have to share with all the business class pax. Only a barricaded area which I didn't even notice.

2. Luggage don't always come out first esp in Suites. Sometimes come after business class and together with economy class. I thought the luggage handlers may not understand the significance of Suites and thought Suites is lesser than business class?

3. You board at the same time as Business class and PPS and Elite Gold, so not much difference in this area. In some stations, the gate agent will accompany you to the plane but i notice not really special because he/she is not helping with the bag. Just a company.

4. Some stations like HKG and FRA has welcoming agent to go through transit security for onward flight. In FRA, security is separate for R pax to JFK. Unfortunately, this security area is so small and the queue so long that going through the normal security lanes with the rest of the plane could be faster.

5. OK. even onboard, it's mixed experience. Sometimes it's out of this world. Sometimes quite run-the-mill kind of service. In business class, usually it is the latter.

In J, it is about the hardware, you get a nice bed to sleep, some decent food and quick service and they leave you alone. In F, not always guaranteed, but sometimes you do get an out-of-this-world personal touch that make the experience entirely special. Not all the time, but you can feel you are super-privileged in F/R.
      I agree with your point number 2. I rarely have my luggage which is tagged suites come out first. Only happened once at KUL. But then even with first class tag, it doesn't always come out first.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        There is no 'experience' to talk of on the ground at LHR when flying SQ

There is no 'experience' to talk of on the ground at LHR period.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Nah, just the wrong terminal. The CCR is always a nice experience. Plus on every visit one tend's to have a celebrity sighting to get the Mrs. excited. Pierce Brosnan one time, then Gweneth Paltrow + some R&B singer whose name I forget, on another...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Nah, just the wrong terminal. The CCR is always a nice experience. Plus on every visit one tend's to have a celebrity sighting to get the Mrs. excited. Pierce Brosnan one time, then Gweneth Paltrow + some R&B singer whose name I forget, on another...
            What's CCR?

Comment

What's CCR?
              BA Concorde Room at LHR T5

Comment

I'm diggin' this dude. He keeps asking and people keep answering.
                HUGE AL

Comment

+1

Originally Posted by SQueeze

2. There is a fast lane through security but this is shared with Biz class too. and it's just the same total dump that is heathrow but faster i guess.
                  Not always faster, sometime I use the slow lane because it is quicker. I always look to see which lane is moving the quickest, then use that one.

Originally Posted by HUGE AL
                  I'm diggin' this dude. He keeps asking and people keep answering.
                  Just shows what a helpfull lot we are.

Comment

LHR, is that an airport?
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      LHR, is that an airport?
                      London heathrow airport

Comment

LHR, is that an airport?
                        London heathrow airport
                        You gotta be kidding me. Thank you for enlightening me. I thought it was London Hell Row.
                        /Desert Traveller

Comment

LHR, is that an airport?
                          No, it's an overpriced shopping mall run by a company called BAA. Their side business is letting planes land there once in a while.

London heathrow airport
                          You miss the sarcasm.... our friend the kapitan is there about 500 times a year.

Comment

No, it's an overpriced shopping mall run by a company called BAA. Their side business is letting planes land there once in a while.

You miss the sarcasm.... our friend the kapitan is there about 500 times a year.
                            U missed the Sarcasm too

Comment

U missed the Sarcasm too
                              It was easy to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                It was easy to miss.
                                extremely

Comment

Working...
                                X