No announcement yet.

Italy Grants SQ Fifth Freedom Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall read somewhere (may be here) that SQ prefer to have MXP-NYC instead of FRA-NYC, as the earlier route is less competition.

I did a quick check MXP-NYC is only served by US-airlines (DL/UA/AA), while FRA-NYC is served by all those 3 US-airlines plus 2 LH flights.

As SQ and LH are belong to *A, perhaps it makes sense for them to reduce or even stop FRA-NYC and do co-share with LH, and reroute daily NYC flight via MXP instead of FRA
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Thanks, SQMilan. Now any guesses what SQ will actually do now?

Here are the options that I can think of:
      1) Continue the daily SIN-FRA-JFK and add 3 flights a week SIN-MXP-NYC. That may end the rumour that the 345 will be converted to 2-class. I don't think that there's sufficient demand to fill capacity.

2) Cut SIN-FRA-JFK to 3-4 times a week and fly 3 flights a week SIN-MXP-NYC. That would actually drop overall capacity to NYC assuming that the SIN-MXP-NYC route will be undertaken with a 77W.

I can think of a few others that involve MUC and MAN - but I think I had better stop here since I'm merely an arm-chair route planner. My only wish is somehow IAH can be served through another European city apart from DME - so long as the flight is no longer in duration than it currently is!
      FRA-JFK has been discussed in a previous thread. SQ26 has a problem on the TATL segment because:

1. single daily flight has to compete with several LH / DL / UA flights daily between FRA-JFK

2. it arrives and leaves FRA too early for connecting PAX to catch

However, MXP-JFK has single daily flights by AZ, DL & AA so SQ will find it easier to compete on this route

I'd like to see continuation of daily SIN-FRA-JFK & SIN-EWR.

It'd be nice to have SIN-MXP-JFK too. We'll know when the 5 extra 77Ws are delivered.

Comment

However the granting is for a daily flight... it is not specified if it will be JFK or EWR...

Comment

maybe LGA? so all 3 NYC airports are served...

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
            As long as the perimeter rule remains enforced, no destinations more than 1300nm.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              FRA-JFK has been discussed in a previous thread. SQ26 has a problem on the TATL segment because:

1. single daily flight has to compete with several LH / DL / UA flights daily between FRA-JFK

2. it arrives and leaves FRA too early for connecting PAX to catch

However, MXP-JFK has single daily flights by AZ, DL & AA so SQ will find it easier to compete on this route

I'd like to see continuation of daily SIN-FRA-JFK & SIN-EWR.

It'd be nice to have SIN-MXP-JFK too. We'll know when the 5 extra 77Ws are delivered.
              It makes sense for SQ to serve SIN-MXP-JFK daily instead of FRA. JFK-FRA-JFK has poor yields, although not poor loads, for reasons mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                Can only run on Saturdays unless perimeter rules are rescind. LGA also needs to be reconfigured for CBP stations as currently only pre-cleared international flights operate into LGA. Chances of both happening: less than 1/10 of 1%.

Comment

And what about maintaining SIN-FRA-JFK and replacing SIN-EWR by SIN-MXP-EWR?

Comment

Originally posted by SQMilan View Post
                    And what about maintaining SIN-FRA-JFK and replacing SIN-EWR by SIN-MXP-EWR?
                    That would be wrong in my opinion.
                    Anyway it will be interesting also to see the fare structure they will offer. Italian market is not such as German one. Especially for premium fares.

I'm just curious.
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Ciao!

I think EWR is for Milano Malpensa the right airport. Is *A hub, SQ can insert C/S with UA and so united can suspended the route and reuse the plane for other destination.

Best regards
                      Last edited by I-AMX; 5 May 2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, so this 5th freedom beyond MXP is strictly for Nova York?

I was hoping they could use it for GIG some day
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                          Hmmm, so this 5th freedom beyond MXP is strictly for Nova York?

I was hoping they could use it for GIG some day
                          Yes, the rights are only for NYC...

However, the Italian Civil Aviation Authority has officially announced today the concession of granting for AT LEAST 18 months...

http://195.103.234.163/Applicazioni/...sp?selpa1=1668

Comment

Allora andiamo!
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hi,

so far the italian government has proposed only the Rights in derogation for 18 months. Now it seems that will grant the final Rights between 2 months.

Happy

Comment

Does any little bird know when SIN - MXP - NYC will be launched?

Waiting 'patiently'..

Comment

Working...
                                X