Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SimonSYD View Post
    QF is f*cked and not by 15 year old planes! Seen the QAN share price this week?
    Haha, yeah , also just read an article in the Age about their business position, doesn't look good!

Comment

• Without an ILS at OOL, I hope the pilots know what they're doing and don't bust the altitudes there.

Comment

• Tonight got another un-bookable flight SQ7716 departing from gate F50

Comment

• Originally posted by yauee View Post
          Tonight got another un-bookable flight SQ7716 departing from gate F50
          Sure you can. As long as you're not self loading cargo

Comment

• Scoot's seats roomy, but frills can add up

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...13-352555.html

Comment

• 3 more destinations before year end.

Comment

• A very detailed report on Scoot's seats.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/scoot-seats-...seats-revealed
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Note that there's just one AC socket shared between every two seats.
                  Dang, VX has has outlets AND USB inputs in EVERY SEAT!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                    I guess I would prefer JQ's product too, but you kinda have no choice in MEL! With comparable prices in their 'Premium' cabins I would definitely choose JQ.

I find it quite odd that they didn't reveal their seats to the public before they brought the tickets, how do they know what they will be sitting on for the next 8 or so hours ? I wouldn't book 'mystery seats', thats something my back doesn't want to gamble on lah
                    yup. i reflected that on their facebook page and the reply was that the interior wasn't ready yet and therefore no pictures, but since the number of seats are already available, the sales have started.

based on that information, i'm just not ready to take a leap of faith. heh. still waiting for some TRs.

Comment

• 13-June-2012 Mon, OOL-SIN (9V-OTA Barry) flight was delayed for 6-hrs. Yikes!
                      I wonder what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                        13-June-2012 Mon, OOL-SIN (9V-OTA Barry) flight was delayed for 6-hrs. Yikes!
                        I wonder what happened?
                        Opps, sorry, should read 18-June-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by RHG View Post
                          unless these 777s go through rigorous maintenance which will be costly more regular than other aircrafts, its quite likely, there will be more maintenance issues which will translate to delays. These 777s are mostly over 10 years and watch enough plane disasters, its pretty obvious what will happen.
                          The age of an aircraft is not synonymous with the safety of it. It's the qualities of the crew operating and maintaining it that makes an aircraft safe.

And an aircraft's maintenance schedule is set out by the manufacturer which all airlines operating it have to abide by. They can do more than what the schedule states, but never less. Regulatory authorities(CAAS) do regular audits to see these are followed.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            Yes generally any well-maintained aircraft is safe even if its 12 or 15 or even 20 years old; although it may require more unscheduled maintenance at times due to the age but is safe to fly. However given the current and near future routes, Scoot maybe better off with aircraft like the A330 given its destinations which are closer to SIN and flights less than 8 hours flying time as the lighter medium purpose built aircraft are more economical. The B772s are built more for medium to long range and can fly for 12 to 14 hours and hence are heavier and have bigger engines. Scoot probably need more medium aircrafts than longer range ones.
                            I concur.The A330 is a better choice going by the routes Scoot is flying. The B777 kinda seems like an overkill for a LCC. The A330 burns much less fuel compared to the B777. But then again, they must have gotten the B777s at really attractive prices, considering they were "given" by the parents.

Comment

• Will be trying out Scoot to BKK in 3 wks time! Fingers-crossed there would be no delays...
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                                13-June-2012 Mon, OOL-SIN (9V-OTA Barry) flight was delayed for 6-hrs. Yikes!
                                I wonder what happened?
                                This was posted on Facebook by scoot

Dear Scoot Community: this is Scoot’s Head of Commercial, Steven. I wanted to reach out to all of you regarding the delay we had on our Gold Coast-Singapore flight on Monday. The total delay was slightly over 6 hours because of 2 reasons – 1) There was a cockpit computer warning that needed investigation and 2) There was a fuel tank seal that our engineers needed to replace. Though these were relatively small issues, we make absolutely no compromise when it comes to safety. The former was fixed relatively quickly while the latter took longer than expected.

We understand that while waiting at the airport, many of you were asking for more definite estimates on our exact departure time. While we knew the issues would be resolved within a few hours, we were actually constrained by strict crew operating time limits (i.e. that our crew can only operate a certain number of hours a day). This is something every airline faces, and it made the situation trickier because if we could not resolve the issues and have our plane depart by 1530hrs, we would have had to cancel the flight and reschedule because our crew would be required by law to take a mandatory 11-hour rest period. This is a non-negotiable requirement.

Needless to say we didn’t want to cancel the flight (and I’m pretty sure our guests (you) didn’t want that either), but until our engineers and pilots gave the all clear we didn’t know if and when we could depart. Which is why our ground staff could not give an exact time of departure. I also sent our Country Manager, Darren, to Gold Coast Airport to oversee the situation and provide real-time reports back to us at our head office here in Singapore so we could decide the best approach. In the end, the plane finally took off at 1517hrs local time.

I realize the whole delay was frustrating for all of those of you who were affected. But as with any situation like this, Safety First, as I’m sure you can appreciate. We do acknowledge the inconvenience caused, and in keeping with our Guest Promise that spells out in black and white our service recovery approach – every guest on the flight will receive a SGD$50 travel voucher. You’ll be hearing from us soon, but if you’d like more details, you can read Our Promise at http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...se-to-you.html

There are also 2 more areas I want to quickly touch on: 1) Don’t forget travel insurance. I know we sound like a broken record but it is in these very instances that travel insurance does help. And 2) For guests who have purchased connecting flights – please ensure you give yourself enough time to connect. As much as we’ll try to make your flight as smooth as possible, there are issues that may be out of our control, which is why Scoot, just like all other airlines, cannot take responsibility for your ongoing travel plans.

Overall, in less than 3 weeks we’ve transported over 15,000 guests between Singapore, Sydney and the Gold Coast, which is something the Scoot team is very proud of. We admit that there’ve been hiccups along the way and for that we apologize. We hope you understand starting a new airline does involve so many variables that need to come together perfectly. Which is why it does take some time to optimize your operations, and believe me, we are working our hardest to do this as quickly as we can.

So a big thank you for your ongoing support, and hope to see you on a Scoot flight some time in the future.

Steven.

Comment

Working...
                                X