No announcement yet.

Scoot! SQ's LCC gets a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unless these 777s go through rigorous maintenance which will be costly more regular than other aircrafts, its quite likely, there will be more maintenance issues which will translate to delays. These 777s are mostly over 10 years and watch enough plane disasters, its pretty obvious what will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHG View Post
      unless these 777s go through rigorous maintenance which will be costly more regular than other aircrafts, its quite likely, there will be more maintenance issues which will translate to delays. These 777s are mostly over 10 years and watch enough plane disasters, its pretty obvious what will happen.
      I am not quite sure what you are trying to say, but if you are implying that 10, 15 year old, well maintained airplanes are unsafe, then you better stop flying.
      /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        The inflight events by the flight attendents is like from those borrowed from Air Asia - ie when there be flight attendents singing, making some skits and jokes.
        Can't wait for them to come up with the routine many hotels have for wedding dinners - lights dimmed, big loud music, FA's marching down the aisles with your nasi brani and chicken rice in plastic containers held high, jiggle a bit and and finally plonk it down on your tray table.

Comment

• Yes generally any well-maintained aircraft is safe even if its 12 or 15 or even 20 years old; although it may require more unscheduled maintenance at times due to the age but is safe to fly. However given the current and near future routes, Scoot maybe better off with aircraft like the A330 given its destinations which are closer to SIN and flights less than 8 hours flying time as the lighter medium purpose built aircraft are more economical. The B772s are built more for medium to long range and can fly for 12 to 14 hours and hence are heavier and have bigger engines. Scoot probably need more medium aircrafts than longer range ones.

Comment

The inflight events by the flight attendents is like from those borrowed from Air Asia - ie when there be flight attendents singing, making some skits and jokes.
            If you really want to talk about originality, I'm not sure we can give that much credit to Air Asia. I'm pretty sure Air Asia borrowed it from Southwest, having flown SW long before anyone even knew about Air Asia. I remember the flight attendant singing "I wish I was a peanut so I can fly on Southwest for free".

Comment

• Can anyone recall the timings for SQ988/987 SIN-TPE-NRT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                Can anyone recall the timings for SQ988/987 SIN-TPE-NRT?
                Sorry, Nick C, I can't. But seriously, talk about going OT!

Comment

• Think it was SQ988 leaving SIN around 1100 arriving in TPE at 1530? An old FT thread shows SQ988 as leaving TPE at 1630 arriving into NRT at 2040. Not sure how the return timings were.

Comment

• I wonder as they plan to fly to TYO and TPE, what will be their Chinese name
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Sorry, Nick C, I can't. But seriously, talk about going OT!
                      TZ is planning SIN-TPE-NRT in Q4.

Wondering if they will use the former 988/987 timings.
                      Last edited by Nick C; 7 June 2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        Think it was SQ988 leaving SIN around 1100 arriving in TPE at 1530? An old FT thread shows SQ988 as leaving TPE at 1630 arriving into NRT at 2040. Not sure how the return timings were.
                        You are close

SQ 988 Y 10FEB SINTPE HK1 1100 1515 MO
                        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          I wonder as they plan to fly to TYO and TPE, what will be their Chinese name
                          Are you referring to the airlines or the planes?
                          酷航.
                          It's already in use in the Chinese papers when they announce their flights to Tianjin.

Comment

• Originally posted by floppy View Post
                            Are you referring to the airlines or the planes?
                            酷航.
                            It's already in use in the Chinese papers when they announce their flights to Tianjin.
                            I am referring to the airlines name lo...

Ku Hang? Cool Air? Sound like Aircon
                            visit my blog

Comment

Yes generally any well-maintained aircraft is safe even if its 12 or 15 or even 20 years old; although it may require more unscheduled maintenance at times due to the age but is safe to fly. However given the current and near future routes, Scoot maybe better off with aircraft like the A330 given its destinations which are closer to SIN and flights less than 8 hours flying time as the lighter medium purpose built aircraft are more economical. The B772s are built more for medium to long range and can fly for 12 to 14 hours and hence are heavier and have bigger engines. Scoot probably need more medium aircrafts than longer range ones.
                              Qantas would be f*cked if people refused to get on 15+ year old planes...

Comment

• Originally posted by ozdude View Post
                                Qantas would be f*cked if people refused to get on 15+ year old planes...
                                QF is f*cked and not by 15 year old planes! Seen the QAN share price this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X