The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Obviously some connecting in Singapore is required but is the website so stupid it cant work this out?
    Yes. Why yes it is.

Comment

• It appears that not only do SQ read this board but they also specifically follow this thread.......

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        It appears that not only do SQ read this board but they also specifically follow this thread.......
        How do you mean please?

Comment

• at last my Safari browser don't have that slanted twisted yellow login box anymore ..

Comment

• Hello.

Just to share, the website drives me nuts! I have a confirmed flight to Perth with my baby travelling with me on biz. I'm trying to select my meals (BTC) and I get thrown an error multiple times with some random tracking number for me to pass it to SIA hotline for them to investigate.

When i click back to go to 'My Bookings' again, it says I have no bookings! grr
            Last edited by bubbles; 22 February 2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Good luck talking to the person manning the hotline in India.

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                Good luck talking to the person manning the hotline in India.
                One can always call the KF call centre which is located in Singapore, and they are much easier to deal with than the general reservation/ticketing hotline in the subcontinent.

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                  Good luck talking to the person manning the hotline in India.
                  Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  One can always call the KF call centre which is located in Singapore, and they are much easier to deal with than the general reservation/ticketing hotline in the subcontinent.
                  + 2

On more than one occasion I was desperate to reserve seats or redeem miles because the nonsense that is the website (21 months since the "enhancement") couldn't do so. A couple of times the Indian agent was competent and got it done, but in other cases I couldn't understand him and get anyhting done and I just gave up, and called the Singapore office and got the tasks done fairly quickly (one time he even asked me if I called because of the website, and apparently they had received "numerous" calls for the same reason. )

Comment

• Is this thread/forum being monitored by SQ/KF? Just thought I'd share ...

After my post yesterday, someone from KF just called me a while ago saying she was going to assist me in BTC as I had trouble with it on the website! I did not call/email a complain to KF hotline about their website problems after I posted yesterday, as i had given up trying to do it at home while trying to recover a bad stomach flu.

She had all the details with her without me asking and asked if I already knew what I wanted. She was really nice when I spoke to her to clarify about post-weaning meal for my child and she even recommended child meal instead after i mentioned that the baby doesn't take pureed food anymore these days, but chunkier stuff like rice.

Ok, despite all the technical faults on the website, I'm very happy at least they took the trouble to call me

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbles View Post
                      Is this thread/forum being monitored by SQ/KF? Just thought I'd share ...
                      For their sakes (and ours), I hope so.

Comment

• Made 2 separate bookings, my wife and I. Wife flies to Hong Kong from Singapore on SQ2, and I join her onwards to SFO on the same flight, last few flights on the A380. We booked on both our laptops at the same time in Sep 2012 and managed to secure seats sitting next to each other on both sectors, HKG-> SFO; SFO-> HKG.

Just discovered last week that my wife lost her seat assignments while mine was still intact....and will be sitting to a stranger....she got no seats assigned.

Tried to get in touch with SIA but nothing can be done as the flight is full.

Dammn, we got to cancel!! Six months of preparations all gone!!

(Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
                          Made 2 separate bookings, my wife and I. Wife flies to Hong Kong from Singapore on SQ2, and I join her onwards to SFO on the same flight, last few flights on the A380. We booked on both our laptops at the same time in Sep 2012 and managed to secure seats sitting next to each other on both sectors, HKG-> SFO; SFO-> HKG.

Just discovered last week that my wife lost her seat assignments while mine was still intact....and will be sitting to a stranger....she got no seats assigned.

Tried to get in touch with SIA but nothing can be done as the flight is full.

Dammn, we got to cancel!! Six months of preparations all gone!!

(Audio)
                          Audio, why cancel? While she has no seat assignment, she still has a valid booking for the flight. Just fly and politely ask the pax next to your wife or yourself if she/he minds changing seats. No guarantees, but worth a shot. It'd be a shame to give up the whole trip over this.

Originally posted by bubbles View Post

After my post yesterday, someone from KF just called me a while ago saying she was going to assist me in BTC as I had trouble with it on the website! I did not call/email a complain to KF hotline about their website problems after I posted yesterday, as i had given up trying to do it at home while trying to recover a bad stomach flu.

She had all the details with her without me asking and asked if I already knew what I wanted. She was really nice when I spoke to her to clarify about post-weaning meal for my child and she even recommended child meal instead after i mentioned that the baby doesn't take pureed food anymore these days, but chunkier stuff like rice.

Ok, despite all the technical faults on the website, I'm very happy at least they took the trouble to call me
                          bubbles, you made it easy for them to contact you with the data included in your screenshot. You might want to blank that out.
                          Last edited by Desert Traveller; 22 February 2013, 12:23 PM.
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                            bubbles, you made it easy for them to contact you with the data included in your screenshot. You might want to blank that out.
                            *smack head* totally forgotten about that .. sheesh. thanks again. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbles View Post
                              They certainly do read this thread. My post above was referring to what happened after my post on the previous page about my trip into MEL and out from SYD. SQ saw my post and went to the trouble of checking it out and getting SQ in MAN to contact me and explain what happened.

Nice touch and all that, but it would be much better (for you and us) if you sorted the website out guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Nice touch and all that, but it would be much better (for you and us) if you sorted the website out guys.
                                As I've mentioned before, we here are pretty good Alpha testers.

Why bother paying for testing when we do it for free. Looking forward to the full-on Beta test in a few years...

Comment

Working...
                                X